It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fresher, better, 70% off!

<span class="bold">Star Vikings Forever</span>, the new version of the tile-based puzzle/RPG starring cute space-Vikings, has just relaunched itself towards a new era of adventuring.

Did you somehow miss this adorable game because it wasn't cool enough for you? Well, wait until you see it now, all grown up and looking hot! There it goes, wearing its New Game Plus mode, speaking five new languages, and sporting optimized performance. Plus, it's now 70% off so there's no excuse to not give it a try!

The 70% discount will last until July 13, 2PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
Klumpen0815: Hmm, I have a lot of Unity games and never encountered this problem before.
It doesn't happen with every Unity game but I noticed it's a problem that is seemingly exclusive to Unity games.
leaguehq: After downloading the new version, I'm getting a "failed to load mono: function unity_mono_reflection_method_get_method not found" error upon launch. Win10 64-bit. Can anyone confirm?
I had this issue as well. Try uninstalling the game and then doing a fresh install. It fixed the issue for me, and has been the solution to problems with two other games on GOG recently. I don't know if that's a coincidence or if something is going wrong with GOG's installers.
JudasIscariot: snip
Correction: Something did change with today's update. My old save gets recognized again!
Klumpen0815: Fullscreen mode was broken with the update for me.

After the logo screens in the title, mouse pointer disappears completely, the new image effect results in some unstable mess and everything goes black.

Windowed mode still works.

I'm using Linux Mint 18.1 here.
Unity stores its own settings under ~/.config/unity3d/<company name>/<game name>/prefs

try deleting that file so the game starts with default settings.
I had trouble before with Unity games breaking after an update because of that.

There is also a log file in that folder ('Player.log') which might give further information about whats happing.
immi101: Unity stores its own settings under ~/.config/unity3d/<company name>/<game name>/prefs

There is also a log file in that folder ('Player.log') which might give further information about whats happing.
Star Vikings had three folders in there:
com.RogueSnail
com_RogueSnail
Rogue Snail

After removing those, the first two got created by starting the program, it didn't change anything though other that I had to reconfigure the resolution.

I can't make heads or toes out of the huge amount of stuff that is listed in the fresh "Player.log".
immi101: Unity stores its own settings under ~/.config/unity3d/<company name>/<game name>/prefs

Klumpen0815: Star Vikings had three folders in there:
com.RogueSnail
com_RogueSnail
Rogue Snail

After removing those, the first two got created by starting the program, it didn't change anything though other that I had to reconfigure the resolution.

I can't make heads or toes out of the huge amount of stuff that is listed in the fresh "Player.log".
Care to post that log in pastebin or something similar? Quite curious to see what happens when you have the game in full screen mode...
Thanks!

So game+ is the new game content? Or was something else added to the Forever version?
JudasIscariot: Care to post that log in pastebin or something similar? Quite curious to see what happens when you have the game in full screen mode...
https://pastebin.com/JdWY5pGW

That's as fresh as it gets. Created only for this (fullscreen) session.

ZFR: So game+ is the new game content? Or was something else added to the Forever version?
The beer is green now. oO
Post edited July 08, 2017 by Klumpen0815
I confirm that the new versions (both 2.3.0.4 and 2.4.0.5 installers) fail on fullscreen on Arch Linux. The mouse pointer goes missing just before loading the main menu, and there's a couple of graphical glitches triggered by moving the mouse around (but nothing as extreme as what Kumpen0815 reported).

Running it in windowed mode works for me too.
Post edited July 08, 2017 by muntdefems
leaguehq: After downloading the new version, I'm getting a "failed to load mono: function unity_mono_reflection_method_get_method not found" error upon launch. Win10 64-bit. Can anyone confirm?
akuparagames: Hey, our developer says he has been using the same settings that you provided, and is not able to see the issue.

We are thinking it may be related to system requirements, or a driver that isn't up to date. Our requirements are very low though, so that doesn't necessarily make sense either...

We require at least:
- DirectX June 2010
- .NET 4.0

If you're interested, email me at "david [at] akuparagames [dot] com" and we can try to troubleshoot more.
Thanks for the offer. Will send email.
hmm, don't see anything suspicious in the log file

I remember we talked about this bug in the linux thread a while ago:
https://ctrl.blog/entry/glibc225-unity-black-screen

but im not sure if this fits here, since it is working for you in windowed mode.
and I would be surprised if Mint already updated their glibc to 2.25.

any chance any of you is using more than one monitor ?
Unity likes to get confused by that (or at least it did in some versions)
Hey guys -

Linux full-screen issues - sounds like you have the pros on this thread, but we can take a look as well.

What's New Game Plus? - essentially you can play the game again, rebalanced to be super duper hard. There are lots more "Fuel" drops to upgrade your hats and such. Basically take that Grade A team that you finally got perfect, and take them on some very challenging levels.

Speaking of "Fuel", why is it green? - we were a few alcohol references away from an E rating...so we removed them, for the children! It can still be beer in your heart (and mine)!

What is changed in Star Vikings Forever?
- New Game Plus Mode (after you beat original game)
- New Languages - French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Russian!
- UI Revamped for computers (not just "Fuel" but the entire UI)
- Restart button added to all levels, so you don't have to quit out to the main menu anymore
- Performance optimization
- New logo, branding, title screen, and awesomeness!
Post edited July 08, 2017 by akuparagames
It might be worth noting that in New Game Plus you can still return to the normal levels. No need to worry about getting locked into something you're not ready for!

One feature that would be really nice, especially now that NG+ doubles the amount of maps to traverse, would be a way to skip the ship animation on the map. It can be a pain to wait for the ship to slowly go from one end to the other. Also, being able to skip the intro screens would be appreciated, more than ever now that there's a new one for the publisher.
Marioface5: Also, being able to skip the intro screens would be appreciated, more than ever now that there's a new one for the publisher.
As the publisher, I completely agree, haha! I'll put in the request.
Thanks for discount for new clients and Linux version - this is probably main two reason that I bought this game. Now i don't have enough time to install or test this game on my Debian testing. But don't worry I'm pretty sure my laptop will burn on my holidays in the mountains when sun goes down. I think there are more people with old hardware and Linux system (my old 10 years Acer still work as expected, only battery can't hold more that half hour).
Post edited July 09, 2017 by xernos