It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ugh, talk about being unlucky. My first star was somewhat of a "well, maybe I will like it" situation with Star Wolves a few days ago. It didn't pull me into buying it by myself, but I admit there's a possibility that it is a hidden gem.
But seeing as I am underwhelmed by most of the promo known deals, today I decided to buy a few more stars to see what would come out. I figured as long as I get a decent game out of a few purchases, it's fine. Then I bought three stars.

The first one contained Barony: Cursed Edition. Ouch, no way I'm ever gonna play it. Just seeing the screenshots cause me pain. Strike one.

The second one had Underrail. Not a bad game according to the reviews, but I'm more of a real-time than turn-based player and I'm not huge on sci-fi either. Wouldn't buy it, I don't think I'll ever play it. Strike two.

The final star had Flatout. Oh great, I avoid racing games with a passion as I'm a terrible racer. Strike three and I learned my lesson.

I ended up asking for a refund for Barony and Flatout. Even if I could have asked for Underrail too I figure it would be too much. I will buy two other stars with the refund and even if they'll probably manage to avoid the great games in the pool to bring me more assorted crap, I decided to stick with them. I'll update with their contents later.

Edit: after waiting until all the games were added to the sale, (I should really have waited for that before) I confirmed there wasn't much I would buy so I picked two stars to replace the refunded stars as said I would. And now that they're open, I can say my luck apparently improved, but in practice not so much.

Both stars had games from Telltale. Great, as I like adventures right?
First star contained Tales of the Borderlands. It's a probably a decent game but I know zero about borderlands' lore so I can't see myself playing it any time soon. Probably ever.

However, the last star contained a game I really have all the reasons in the world to like: Sam and Max season two. I love Sam and Max, in fact I like them so much I bought those games directly from Telltale long before they came to GOG. And I played the hell out of it already, so... I guess I can be relieved I have a drm-free copy now. Which I don't think I'll ever need to install. So... yay?
Post edited December 24, 2017 by joppo
Cossack 3 seems new

Curiously the list includes some titles that 'shouldn't be' in the Star selection if GOG's claim that Stars will reward people with titles that are $3.29+ in the current sale is true; not sure if those are valid or if GOG is off.

O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base (currently $1.49)
Painkiller: Black (currently $2.49)
Post edited December 22, 2017 by undeadcow
EDIT: DISREGARD BELOW. I thought I had redeemed both stars, but it appears I had only redeemed one and misinterpreted when going to redeem the second. The second game I got is Feist.

-------------------------

I somehow managed to get a game I already owned with Stars despite it not supposedly being possible. I got The Sexy Brutale twice. I only own 70 games on GOG so it's not possible that I own every game available.

I ordered and redeemed them on separate days, so I'm almost positive I didn't mistake one star for both.

I also looked through my library and am 99% sure that every other game on there I owned before purchasing stars.

I've submitted a ticket with GOG support and will update this if there is any more relevant info.
Post edited December 22, 2017 by SirDimos
SirDimos: I somehow managed to get a game I already owned with Stars despite it not supposedly being possible. I got The Sexy Brutale twice. I only own 70 games on GOG so it's not possible that I own every game available.

I ordered and redeemed them on separate days, so I'm almost positive I didn't mistake one star for both.

I also looked through my library and am 99% sure that every other game on there I owned before purchasing stars.

I've submitted a ticket with GOG support and will update this if there is any more relevant info.
Shouldn't be possible unless you buy it as a gift, but there are often bugs in these things.
SirDimos: I somehow managed to get a game I already owned with Stars despite it not supposedly being possible. I got The Sexy Brutale twice. I only own 70 games on GOG so it's not possible that I own every game available.

RWarehall: Shouldn't be possible unless you buy it as a gift, but there are often bugs in these things.
You can't buy stars as gifts though. I did *try* to do it with my second star, but was given an error message that stars cannot be purchased as gifts before it let me continue with my purchase.

I admit it's weird, and tbh it did kinda sour the whole stars experience for me... but we'll see how it all shakes out.
RWarehall: Shouldn't be possible unless you buy it as a gift, but there are often bugs in these things.
SirDimos: You can't buy stars as gifts though. I did *try* to do it with my second star, but was given an error message that stars cannot be purchased as gifts before it let me continue with my purchase.

I admit it's weird, and tbh it did kinda sour the whole stars experience for me... but we'll see how it all shakes out.
It's possible that the pool of games you didn't own has already been exhausted, leaving you only with duplicates as possible stars - though that would mean more than half of the star games have already sold out, which I'm not sure about.
Post edited December 22, 2017 by expopower
I'd purchase some but I'm really concerned about getting all those goddarn BIT.TRIP games.. there are too many of them, and I'm not interested in any one of them.

Would be nice if you could just buy them stars as gifts. I'd be happy to give away some of the worst games.
Post edited December 22, 2017 by clarry
SirDimos: You can't buy stars as gifts though. I did *try* to do it with my second star, but was given an error message that stars cannot be purchased as gifts before it let me continue with my purchase.

expopower: It's possible that the pool of games you didn't own has already been exhausted, leaving you only with duplicates as possible stars - though that would mean more than half of the star games have already sold out, which I'm not sure about.
It was an ID10T error - I thought I had redeemed both, but I had misinterpreted what I saw. Closed my ticket w/ GOG support and updated my original post.
Legend of Kay: Anniversary
Kyn
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

It's okay i guess (even though i own Ethan Carter on Steam).
Got Disciples 2 Gold this time around.
Probably already listed, but I got Observer!
After multiple cycles of buy and refund due to incompatibility with Linux, got Mount & Blade: Warband. Didn't see taht on the list.
Decided to try a last 5 stars:

UFO: Aftershock
Slain: Back From Hell
Mother Russia Bleeds
Serpent in the Staglands
Homeworld: Emergence

Pretty happy, Slain and Mother Russia Bleeds are good games. I like RPGs but hadn't heard of Serpent in the Staglands so that's a cool add. Homeworld: Emergence was the only game in the series I was missing on GoG. UFO: Aftershock was the only real throwaway for me, so 4 out of 5 is pretty good.
oogla: UFO: Aftershock was the only real throwaway for me, so 4 out of 5 is pretty good.
Just a fyi, you can have it converted to a gift code. Send in a support ticket from your order screen. To the right of the order number, there's a hidden drop down menu with a direct link to support that copies over the info. Ask them to convert it.

You can do either a giveaway yourself or, what I would suggest, is to send it to Hagrid um ZeoGold for his giveaway:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition/page1

Hope this helps
I'm not into these, but nevertheless decided to try my luck and got Patrician III. Despite not being my type of game lately, It has a very good reviews, so I think I will keep it.