It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

odbo255: C'mon Krondor!
C'mon Eileen
This has no relation to the current discussion, I just needed to share it. :D
Attachments:
pid is selling much faster now. It's about to flip.
Tarnicus: Back in my day, we made our own achievements... :P
jimnorth: But if I just go around telling people how great I am at video games, I'll look like a big egotistical jerk!

If Steam goes around telling people how great I am at video games, however, I'll look like a big stud and get all the hot chicks and fame and money and sweet cars for my mansion!
So that's where the guy in your avatar has gone wrong...
jimnorth: Hey, I thank you kindly for the offer, though obviously I headed out before I got to see you make it in time! But no worries, the only thing I was really looking to try for was a possible freebie of Long Live the Queen. Seems I missed my chance there, but it's all good. I'd rather have it on Steam anyway because I need my recommended daily allowance of achievements!

But hey hey, looks like I didn't miss Sam & Max Save the World. Might try for a freebie there since I got back before the sale ended after all!
Back in the day, just beating the frigging game was its own achievement. You beat Battletoads? TMNT for the NES (the psychotic Ultra one)? Ninja Gaiden? Mike Tyson? You could just say, "Yeah, I beat it" and it would be instant recognition because those games were tough as hell.
*joins in chant and warms up fingers*
jimnorth: But if I just go around telling people how great I am at video games, I'll look like a big egotistical jerk!

If Steam goes around telling people how great I am at video games, however, I'll look like a big stud and get all the hot chicks and fame and money and sweet cars for my mansion!
Tarnicus: Screenshot or it didn't happen! lol

See that's what I like about 'my day'. Given the lack of achievements, I could TELL people about how great I was at gaming(HAX!) and now Steam has gone and ruined that! I can't hack the software to make my characters overpowered. I can't exaggerate how great I was at challenging parts of the game by repeating other people's stories that I'd heard...it explains the poverty that has ensued in my life as I grew up in a wealthy household and barely have 2 coppers to scrape together! F*K U STEEM!
mm in my day if somebody bothered telling you what they had done at all, then you can damn well bet it was an achievement.
I hope nobody comes here in 10 minutes saying "Damn, I lost PID".
Red_Frog: My dad showed me that a little earlier. Apparently the dog is going to get put down? I want them both. The cat can eat any dogs that show up in my yard and the dog can eat any children that show up in my yard.
And someone taught me in my childhood that frogs are harmless ... must have been non-red ones :P
MissFable: Results from final test: the sale rate has risen from 2.3 to 3.2 per minute. 96 copies sold during this 30 minute test period.
Tarnicus: Thank you for posting the stats you have, they have been quite interesting to read :)
I was quite happy to put them up and it was very fun to do.
Tarnicus: Screenshot or it didn't happen! lol
I only have the one! But it's of me slicin' some dudes up in Deadpool, so that should probably count for like a billion extra awesome points.
Melhelix: This has no relation to the current discussion, I just needed to share it. :D
Haha!
CarrionCrow: Back in the day, just beating the frigging game was its own achievement. You beat Battletoads? TMNT for the NES (the psychotic Ultra one)? Ninja Gaiden? Mike Tyson? You could just say, "Yeah, I beat it" and it would be instant recognition because those games were tough as hell.
Own all 4 of those, never beat a single one of them. Damn games were tough back then.
Austrobogulator: C'mon Eileen
Love story of the filthy and homeless.