It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everything Interplay 60% off | Price change incoming.

Ever had a really really cool staycation? You know, one where you get some time off just so that you can lock yourself in and chill by your favorite screen, armed with mountains of unwholesome snacks, several gallons of energizing beverages and the all-powerful A/C remote by your side? Well the <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation</span> is shaping up to be a pretty epic one!
These golden classics will soon have their prices increased so don't dally: grab them now for 60% off and prepare for a glorious house-sitting session.

You want to start with something that has oodles of atmosphere, intriguing story, and enough combat bits to keep you on your toes: Stonekeep, Lionheart or Lost Eden are all good warm-up choices. Now take the action up a notch with Earthworm Jim's wacky platforming, MDK's chaotic antics, Shogo's intense gunplay, or Freespace 2's magnificent explosions. Time to top if off with class: Treat yourself to the diverse and ridiculously entertaining Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, two unique gaming experiences that are enough to make this staycation totally worth it!

These are just some of the neat Interplay treasures on offer, though. There's also Toonstruck, Prehistorik 1+2, Redneck Rampage, plenty of Star Trek and more to choose from!

The special <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation Sale</span> will last until July 31, 3 PM UTC.

The price change on the Interplay catalog will be applied after the sale is concluded.
The least they could have done was bring titles they've only dumped off on Steam thus far to GOG to lessen the kick in the nards of the price hike.

Apparently expecting them to run the company sanely is asking a bit much of them.
DoomSooth: People living in economically poorer areas have bigger problems and priorities than worrying about buying games.
Ignorance at its best. Just because my region is also poorer and has a lot more problems (though I'm starting to wonder about that with Trump) doesn't mean a lot of us aren't also interested in playing games.

DoomSooth: Right to play? No one is entitled to videogames. Having said that, I don't care what anyone does as long as no one gets hurt. I wouldn't say anyone has a right to play, though. What I said in the other post means that necessities should come first. Spend your money responsibly on the things you need before you spend on the things you want.
Actually you're wrong if we look at the original intent of copyright.

DoomSooth: If someone is poor or broke, they shouldn't expect prices to change just because they feel like they deserve lower prices. Their budget is their problem. If you're poor or broke but doing the best you can then I feel for you. I've been there. You Just have to keep going until things improve. Do what you can with what you have. Nobody is owed anything, though.
This has been explained to you but I'll lay it out a bit more verbose. We are not all poor or broke here but we do have less to spend than some people in other parts of the world. For instance we can't afford to pay the prices you do for a Big Mac but that doesn't mean we should live on bread and water alone. Macdonalds knows this so they charge the equivalent of half a Mac for one. This works because in a poorer region the ingredients are also cheaper and the expectation of remuneration is less so they can pay their workers less. Unfortunately the principle doesn't work so well for cross border digital goods based in one currency. But some publishers do take this into account and implement regional pricing with downloadable goods as they do with physical ones.

And don't forget that this is the company that still has a law suit hanging over them for not paying the rights to another company so it's a bit rich to talk about "entitlement" here.
Post edited August 05, 2017 by PromZA
PromZA: Ignorance at its best. Just because my region is also poorer and has a lot more problems (though I'm starting to wonder about that with Trump) doesn't mean a lot of us aren't also interested in playing games.
You're clearly interested in videogames since you're on this website that's primarily for videogames. Be interested all you want. You admit that you live in a poorer region and, a little farther down in your post, that you have less money to spend. I said money is tight in poorer areas and you've said it now. I don't see any ignorance. Maybe I'm ignorant to ignorance. :) Is it only ignorant when I say it?

Actually you're wrong if we look at the original intent of copyright.
Cavalary suggested a right to play videogames even when you can't afford them and that piracy should be decriminalized. Do you think copyright law supports those things? Who teaches you guys this stuff?

We are not all poor or broke here but we do have less to spend than some people in other parts of the world.
Good for you. You can save your money for what you want then, right? Right. No problem there then.

For instance we can't afford to pay the prices you do for a Big Mac but that doesn't mean we should live on bread and water alone.
Nobody said you should live on bread and water. Eat and drink whatever you like, as you can, you know, afford it. If there's enough money left after you've bought everything you NEED then you can buy things you WANT. I guess you could buy things you want before things you need but that's probably is going to make life a lot harder for you. I hope you weren't suggesting a right to Big Macs. :)
Post edited August 05, 2017 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: You're clearly interested in videogames since you're on this website that's primarily for videogames. Be interested all you want. You admit that you live in a poorer region and, a little farther down in your post, that you have less money to spend. I said money is tight in poorer areas and you've said it now. I don't see any ignorance. Maybe I'm ignorant to ignorance. :) Is it only ignorant when I say it?
/shrugs
We've tried to explain it to you but you either don't get it or don't want to get it. My region is only poorer by YOUR standards. By our standards I am not poor but I won't be able to make due in your region. There are people who live on 1000th of what you consider minimum wage where you would literally starve with that. We are talking relative perceptions here and not affordability since it's clear we can afford the games but just don't consider them worth the price by which you judge them.

Cavalary suggested a right to play videogames even when you can't afford them and that piracy should be decriminalized. Do you think copyright law supports those things? Who teaches you guys this stuff?
That is not what was suggested. The original intent of copyright is "advancement of science and the arts". It is clear if you read that statement there is actually no right to make money from copyright and the right falls squarely of the population to have access to it. Copyright was seen as a necessary evil to encourage people to advance and if you make money from it as a side effect then so be it. Unfortunately you and so many others have fallen for the modern idea that it gives someone a sole right to decide if something is distributed (a copy "right") where with the original intent if you tried to pull that crap your copyright would be revoked.

Good for you. You can save your money for what you want then, right? Right. No problem there then.
Again nothing to do with what I can afford or not. I can afford the same things you can in my region as you can in yours. It's only if I spend my money in your region that I can't. For everything else I save up the same as you do.

Nobody said you should live on bread and water. Eat and drink whatever you like, as you can, you know, afford it. If there's enough money left after you've bought everything you NEED then you can buy things you WANT. I guess you could buy things you want before things you need but that's probably is going to make life a lot harder for you. I hope you weren't suggesting a right to Big Macs. :)
That is the implication if we enforce your standard. It's only because my standard is enforced I can eat Big Macs, if I wanted to. ;)
This all started because of complaints about discounts not being large enough and prices not being low enough. Maybe you can afford what you want but the people complaining have a problem with those things. Complaining that a discount is 60% instead of 90% seems stupid to me. I'm sure everyone would love a 90% discount on everything all the time but the vendors have to make money. We're just going in circles, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Not much you can do if someone refuses to pay for something. They'll have to do without.
Some people, just not capable of understanding an explanation.
deleted