It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!

<span class="bold">Alan Wake</span>'s desperate search for his missing wife and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> quickly became two of our all time favorite horror stories. Now Alan needs to step away, perhaps curl up someplace nice with one of his hit books, until it's time for him to come back. Due to licensing issues with the game's music, on Monday 17:00 PM UTC the original Alan Wake will be removed from sale everywhere. American Nightmare is NOT affected by this in any way.
If you haven't tried his fascinating action/adventures yet, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up, because for the next 48 hours both games are 90% off!

So let us now point our flashlights skywards as an au revoir to our favorite author and hope that someday we'll meet again.

The 90% discount on both <span class="bold">Alan Wake</span> and <span class="bold">Alan Wake's American Nightmare</span> lasts until May 15th, 17:00 PM UTC.
Alan Wake will not be available for purchase after that time but all owners of the game will still have access to it as normal.
And the curtains have just fallen for Alan Wake.
I am glad I grabbed 2 copies of the Humble Version for 3.49 , it does also have the soundtracks and some comics and and and...

I made a short giveaway here for it. Now it is back to 36.99.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by MaGo72
Bawww, 20 minutes late :(

It's one of those bad mondays.
When I first heard this song in the game, this sprang to mind. Goodbye Alan Wake

Some foul language: https://youtu.be/Q5ntFAqhK5M?t=11
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Bodgeit
Some gameplay footage with one of the greatest songs from the game playing on the radio:

you better know how to dodge, he does

well spoiler alert I guess
Post edited May 15, 2017 by MaGo72
op2017si: Still have some hours until end of the promo, so I have a question: would this game work on intel HD530? Because it says on game page, that integrated graphics aren't supported.
It works on HD 4400. So, yeah, there should be no problem.
Funny, it's now the 17th and Alan Wake has NOT been pulled from Xbox Live so far. So either Microsoft didn't get the memo or they did some deal of their own- since I'm pretty sure MS holds all rights to the 360 version themselves.
GOG.com: Wake up - get both of his terrific adventures 90% off!
PromZA: Can GoG please keep the sales pages? It's nice to have the reviews and everything as a bit of nostalgia. It's a sad sinking feeling when you click "store page & reviews" and then just get an empty page linking to the store library.
Just as I thought, now the store page is gone so I can't even see what year it is or the system requirements.
PromZA: Can GoG please keep the sales pages? It's nice to have the reviews and everything as a bit of nostalgia. It's a sad sinking feeling when you click "store page & reviews" and then just get an empty page linking to the store library.
PromZA: Just as I thought, now the store page is gone so I can't even see what year it is or the system requirements.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170515114748/https://www.gog.com/game/alan_wake :)
PromZA: Just as I thought, now the store page is gone so I can't even see what year it is or the system requirements.
HunchBluntley: https://web.archive.org/web/20170515114748/https://www.gog.com/game/alan_wake :)
That site is pretty helpful - thank you. But I have to say I am still on the side of PromZA since the store page also contains a lot of information about the game and there is no need to completely delete it at all. Using "go to store page" from the library or Galaxy leads nowhere now. All they had to do is disable or delete the "add to cart" button. But that is GOG for you - why do something the way it SHOULD be - just do it the fastest way possible. I said it once and I say it again: I love GOG but they are so terrible in web design and web support that it's a wonder they are still alive (update notifications - what's that?).
Post edited May 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: All they had to do is disable or delete the "add to cart" button.
Nah. The way the site is made, the only games that don't have an "add to cart" button are the upcoming ones and listing it as an "upcoming" game would be a bad idea. Plus, they might not have the permission to publicly diplay the game anymore, which means that they would have to program new site functionality for private display and we all know what happens when GOG programs new site functionality.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: Nah. The way the site is made, the only games that don't have an "add to cart" button are the upcoming ones and listing it as an "upcoming" game would be a bad idea. Plus, they might not have the permission to publicly diplay the game anymore, which means that they would have to program new site functionality for private display and we all know what happens when GOG programs new site functionality.
I agree to the fact that they might not even have the rights anymore to display the store site and if that would be the case I can't say anything against it. However technically I don't see a problem in adding a new field in the database "purchasable" or sth. and let the web site react accordingly. Still you are correct that new programming often breaks sth. even more important on GOG.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
Grargar: Nah. The way the site is made, the only games that don't have an "add to cart" button are the upcoming ones and listing it as an "upcoming" game would be a bad idea. Plus, they might not have the permission to publicly diplay the game anymore, which means that they would have to program new site functionality for private display and we all know what happens when GOG programs new site functionality.
I am pretty sure that there's a separate field or at least a code in the price field(s) to indicate a game can't be purchased. But this being GoG where a regional title redirects to the store page instead of giving a message it's not available leaving one to wonder if something is broken the probable answer here is that they can't be bothered. They also probably don't want people asking questions and if/when a game can be purchased.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by PromZA
lostwolfe: copyright stupidity strikes again.

[this is about the songs in the game losing their licenses, not about the game itself.]

i know big companies would hate it, but we really, really need to do something about the current copyright system, because it is ridiculous.
MarkoH01: And what exactly could we do? I don't know if it is the same with games but at least in movies/series the reason for licensing problems often is the music industry wanting their share and demanding a much too high license fee. If this should be the case with games as well I don't see how someone could prevent this since there is not much you can do against greed.
coughEarthboundcough

First I concur in wanting too big a license fee. I truly doubt the supply and demand curve work here, especially equilibrium pricing.
Second these are usually the same assholes who never let me buy master quality studio copies of their work, when I have two pieces of equipment that will play audio up to 24/192, with a car stereo that will output 24/96. WHY you would record at a higher sound quality and never resell that to consumers down the line for private use seems incredibly stupid to me.
Can someone enlighten me WHY so many musicians I like freeze me out of being able to pay for this option?! 16/44 is NOT good enough when it's recorded at 24/96 or 24/192.
edit: I will pay over $10 for a single album when it's NOT just CD quality, otherwise I feel you're ripping me off unless you're a small, local musician.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by Sarang
PromZA: I am pretty sure that there's a separate field or at least a code in the price field(s) to indicate a game can't be purchased. But this being GoG where a regional title redirects to the store page instead of giving a message it's not available leaving one to wonder if something is broken the probable answer here is that they can't be bothered. They also probably don't want people asking questions and if/when a game can be purchased.
I am pretty sure that a game that can't be purchased will be labelled as "upcoming". So far, I can't remember a single instance of a game without a price that was labelled as something else. After all, we're talking about the store that automatically labels any game without a price (visible or not) as "free".