It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pay what you want for Interplay Games on GOG.com! Get Screamer,
Freespace, Fallout, and 29 more incredible Interplay titles worth nearly
$200!

Quick Summary:
1. How Much? Pay as little as $0.01--get 8 Interplay Games.
Pay more than average--get 20 Interplay Games.
Pay $34.99 or more--get 32 Interplay Games +
20 amazing soundtracks, and tons of goodies.
2. Own some of the games? Don't worry--you'll get a giftable code.
3. Want to pay more? Sure you can :)

We're really happy we can present Pay What You Want for Interplay Games to you. For the first time ever, a big-name publisher who's been in the business for decades is offering its catalog at a pay-what-you-want price point, and for the next 14 days, you--our favorite gamers--will have a chance to buy Interplay games available on GOG.com for a price that cannot be beaten.

For any price you feel is fair, you will receive 8 games, including greats such as Conquest of the New World, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, or M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2. Paying more than the average community purchase will net a total of 20 games, with fantastic titles such as Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Freespace + Expansion, or Descent 3 and its expansion included. Finally, the top supporters who pay $34.99 or more, receive the whole Interplay catalog available on GOG.com--worth more than $190--including the three Fallout games, MDK and MDK 2, Sacrifice, Descent 1+2, Freespace 2, and more.

You already own some of the games? That is not a problem--users who already own some of the games in the bundle will receive a giftable code for titles they have. The holiday season is coming soon(ish), so if any of you is looking for a nice little gift package of unmatchable value for the gamer they love, gift a code for the whole bundle!

Do you love GOG.com more than the words can say? Well, if you can't say it, you can spread the love by sharing, commenting, tweeting, redditing, posting, finger-painting, or even simply approaching strangers in the streets and yelling "Interplay Pay What You Want on GOG!".

Pay What You Want for Interplay Games--don't wait, this offer will not last forever!
Licurg: Dude, Sacrifice alone is worth 35$, not to mention how many tons of other great games you get. If you can't afford the full promo, at least buy Sacrifice separately.
Qwertyman: I took a look at it but I'm not sure it's my kind of game =(. As I've gotten older, my interest in turn-based strategy has grown immensely and my interest in real-time strategy is pretty much gone completely. I now prefer to take my time with the games instead of muscle-spasm my way to victory. Just the style I like to play with now, I feel too rushed with real-time strategy games. When I was younger, I was quite good at the competitive real-time games, but I just don't care to rush and zerg through gameplay now. I actually bought the entire Dawn of War series from Steam during their last holiday sale, and I played the first one for a few minutes and haven't touched any of them since. Love Dawn of War, don't love real-time strategy =( It's a shame, really, because I know I'm missing out on some good games.

I have no interest in the full Interplay promo. I'm interested in Freespace 1&2, and Fallout 2 (which I've already played many times but would like a GoG copy). But, I don't come to GoG to pay retail price for 10 - 20 year old games. Most of the games I've bought from GoG are games I've already paid retail price for when they were new (as I said earlier in the thread). So what I pay GoG for is the ability to play a game I already own on a modern OS, which is worth, at most, 5 or 6 bucks to me, because I could technically do it myself with Dosbox or Scummvm or whatever else.

As far as the kind of 'old' games go that I'm interested in, I typically stick to turn-based strategy, RPG's and adventure games. Those games, to me, stand the test of time, and graphics are for the most part irrelevant. As much fun as I may have had with Duke Nukem 3D or some other FPS when they were new, I can't revisit them now. Graphics do matter to me in certain kinds of games. And that's why the Interplay promo isn't too interesting to me. Most of the games in that promo are games that I'm perfectly fine leaving in the past, as good as they may have been at one time.

Fear not, however, as I may still check out Sacrifice at some point since I hear nothing but good things about it. I may or may not like it, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. But it's definitely not something that I'm going to pay 35 dollars for, not even close, regardless of how good it is. I currently drive a 2001 Acura CL that I got a really good deal on. It's a very nice, reliable car, and only has 80,000 miles on it, so it's been well taken care of. As good of a car as it is, it's 12 years old, so I certainly wouldn't offer to pay full retail price for it just because it's a good car. It still has a tape deck =(
Beware of sacrifice... still doesn't work correctly on my pc to this day, and I have a brand new, top notch desktop that runs alan wake very well.
Qwertyman: snip
You... Wrote quite a lot :) I think you misunderstood, Sacrifice doesn't cost 35$. You can get it separately for just 5.99$. And it's worth every penny...
Qwertyman: snip
Licurg: You... Wrote quite a lot :) I think you misunderstood, Sacrifice doesn't cost 35$. You can get it separately for just 5.99$. And it's worth every penny...
I understood what you meant, but you said it was worth $35 dollars all by itself so I was just discussing that no game on GoG is worth 35 to me basically because of the stuff I said in my post ;p But I will pick it up before GoG stops selling Interplay stuff, which hopefully won't happen until after Xmas (if it happens at all). Hopefully I'll like it!

@N0x0ss: What issues are you having with it?
Licurg: You... Wrote quite a lot :) I think you misunderstood, Sacrifice doesn't cost 35$. You can get it separately for just 5.99$. And it's worth every penny...
Qwertyman: I understood what you meant, but you said it was worth $35 dollars all by itself so I was just discussing that no game on GoG is worth 35 to me basically because of the stuff I said in my post ;p But I will pick it up before GoG stops selling Interplay stuff, which hopefully won't happen until after Xmas (if it happens at all). Hopefully I'll like it!

@N0x0ss: What issues are you having with it?
Mainly Framerate issues... and the game freezes eventually during the tutorial at a certain point.
N0x0ss: Mainly Framerate issues... and the game freezes eventually during the tutorial at a certain point.
None of those things happen to me :/ or to anyone else I know that plays Sacrifice. It must be something on your end.
N0x0ss: Mainly Framerate issues... and the game freezes eventually during the tutorial at a certain point.
Licurg: None of those things happen to me :/ or to anyone else I know that plays Sacrifice. It must be something on your end.
err, what was I supposed to buy again? :D
Licurg: None of those things happen to me :/ or to anyone else I know that plays Sacrifice. It must be something on your end.
Not really, no. Sacrifice has some more or less minor issues on some machines. I had some flickering ground textures and couldn't find a fix anywhere.
I went for the promo, paid through PayPal but got error 500 - internal app error at the end of the purchase (returning from PayPal).
PayPal shows the money paid, but I did not get access to the games :-(
Contacted support through the website (2 days ago) but haven't heard anything back from them ......

Any suggestions from you guys on how to best proceed?
Try to cancel PayPal transfer? Wait a few more days? Better way of contacting support?
I also would like to know what happened to my order. I dropped $35.00 on the full bundle, and PayPal paid GOG my money, but I got an Error 500 when I returned to GOG. I contacted support two days ago, but no response at all, not even a confirmation that my message was read by anyone. In support, my order #UKF27NVPFZWGP1 still doesn't appear in the my list of purchases.

I don't know if this is related, but I also can't post in this forum with my usual browser, PaleMoon. The "Post my message" button makes the page get stuck on "Please wait. Processing..." and I couldn't attach a screenshot to it. I had to open Google Chrome to make this post.
Attachments:
hitstun, if you can't make a post, clearing cookies should do the trick (at least it helped for me when I had that problem)

as for your missing games... Don't worry. GOG support isn't always the quickest, but they will help you for sure.
keeveek: hitstun, if you can't make a post, clearing cookies should do the trick (at least it helped for me when I had that problem)
I have the same problem right now. Trying to post with Firefox results in endless waiting at the "Please wait. Processing..." message. Clearing cookies and logging in again didn't help. Posting with Chrome works. This problem started only yesterday. I've had no problems with posting to this forum with Firefox in the past.
DoctorGOGgles: I have the same problem right now. Trying to post with Firefox results in endless waiting at the "Please wait. Processing..." message. Clearing cookies and logging in again didn't help. Posting with Chrome works. This problem started only yesterday. I've had no problems with posting to this forum with Firefox in the past.
Hmm... I've had exact same problem on Firefox, but clearing cookies and cache solved that problem. Posting via Firefox right now.
DoctorGOGgles: I have the same problem right now. Trying to post with Firefox results in endless waiting at the "Please wait. Processing..." message. Clearing cookies and logging in again didn't help. Posting with Chrome works. This problem started only yesterday. I've had no problems with posting to this forum with Firefox in the past.
keeveek: Hmm... I've had exact same problem on Firefox, but clearing cookies and cache solved that problem. Posting via Firefox right now.
Clearing cookies alone didn't help, but clearing the cache also seems to do the trick! GOG staff must have changed some forum code and the old cached code doesn't work anymore.
hitstun: I also would like to know what happened to my order. I dropped $35.00 on the full bundle, and PayPal paid GOG my money, but I got an Error 500 when I returned to GOG. I contacted support two days ago, but no response at all, not even a confirmation that my message was read by anyone. In support, my order #UKF27NVPFZWGP1 still doesn't appear in the my list of purchases.
Have exactly the same problem money taken no games given - issued ticket with GOG no reply from them .
Im not impressed at all !

P.s

When I failed to purchase Interplay bundle I bought LBA2 and it went ok . So its not a browser issue
Post edited November 01, 2012 by kork666i
hitstun: I also would like to know what happened to my order. I dropped $35.00 on the full bundle, and PayPal paid GOG my money, but I got an Error 500 when I returned to GOG. I contacted support two days ago, but no response at all, not even a confirmation that my message was read by anyone. In support, my order #UKF27NVPFZWGP1 still doesn't appear in the my list of purchases.
kork666i: Have exactly the same problem money taken no games given - issued ticket with GOG no reply from them .
Im not impressed at all !

P.s

When I failed to purchase Interplay bundle I bought LBA2 and it went ok . So its not a browser issue
When did you send in your Support ticket? It's a national holiday in Poland today, so no one's in the office.

I don't know if this is related, but I also can't post in this forum with my usual browser, PaleMoon. The "Post my message" button makes the page get stuck on "Please wait. Processing..." and I couldn't attach a screenshot to it. I had to open Google Chrome to make this post.
If it's been two days and you haven't heard anything, I'd recommend you PM Firek and make sure that your request got submitted correctly.
Post edited November 01, 2012 by TheEnigmaticT