It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
any chance of one during end of Jan/start of feb? :P
Niggles: any chance of one during end of Jan/start of feb? :P
Would say there's always a chance. But, given that the GOG members generally don't get word of such a thing until info on it gets posted to Facebook or Twitter, we won't really know until a few days before.
I'd like to think that GOG could get past its infatuation with that thrice-cursed bastard of a timer and the "flash" sales that move at a glacial pace, and sooner rather than later.
high rated
If we aren't getting another Insomnia, I do hope the new year brings a new type of sale at least. Still burnt out on the Autumn/Winter variety of sale we just had. Even a Pot O' Gold/Mutator sale would be welcome over a reprise of that.
The "Mutator" promotion recently held was a nice variation on the "Pot 'O Gold" theme. It was also epic when GOG did a charity bundle with games dirt cheap benefiting one of three charities to user's choice.

...still holding out for another Insomnia.
Post edited January 12, 2015 by undeadcow
high rated
IAmSinistar: If we aren't getting another Insomnia, I do hope the new year brings a new type of sale at least. Still burnt out on the Autumn/Winter variety of sale we just had. Even a Pot O' Gold/Mutator sale would be welcome over a reprise of that.
I wouldn't hold my breath, even the weekly promos have gotten a bit more boring, and more in line with the Autumn/Winter format. :(
GOG's next sale - Shop Like A Russian Day! For one day only, everyone pays Russian prices.
Everyone sleeping:)
No, we are silently waiting and plotting.
Oh good :)
Bumping, waiting for the next Insomnia, coin in hand, wishlist as long as my arm, ready to curse at the next garbage slow-motion timer I see.
Just noticed that the opening post has been edited by the Enigmatic T. It's been a while...
Grargar: Just noticed that the opening post has been edited by the Enigmatic T. It's been a while...
Perhaps when he left he took Insomnia with him, which is why we've not seen either here since.
Grargar: Just noticed that the opening post has been edited by the Enigmatic T. It's been a while...
IAmSinistar: Perhaps when he left he took Insomnia with him, which is why we've not seen either here since.
He should release it back to the masses where it will be adored and cherished.
Cant wait for next promo especially the INSOMNIA promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
high rated
Argh, neglected to show our hero Jack some love this year!

*click... click... click... click... click...click... click... click... click... click... click... click*

And this brings us down to 1460 copies left. Hurry up, folks, supply won't last for ever!