It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
mawihtec: any news on when we get to see some stats?
JudasIscariot: ...On the table there is a pile of neatly stacked documents. The contents of the documents are precisely handwritten in electric blue ink. It would appear to be charts filled with columns of numbers and game titles.

>read documents
The first page begins with a simple title:

"An Analysis of GOG's Insomnia Sale Numbers"
gogbot: The holy text of the The List has stabilized in its current form so we might understand it at our mortal level. We can never be sure when it will transform again, so gaze in awe at all its glory while you have the chance.
howardc007: All hail The List!
It's buried thousands of posts back, but here's a little story about The List that you might enjoy...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post33197
howardc007: Has anyone summoned The List?
I'm not going to take the bait.

I SAID, I'm NOT taking the bait

Oh, screw you!

THE LIST

Games that should be left to come.

504: Gateway Time-out FREE

Games that have already been offered on the "Last Chance" round:
GoG confirmed that anything listed as "FREE" in in this "Last Chance" Round will be up again with a price.
Italic ones have been both "FREE" and on "Last Chance" already, so they wont pop up anymore.

Rise of the Triad $7.49
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
System Shock 2 FREE
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
Master of Magic $1.19
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
Lords of Midnight $1.93
Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
Miasmata FREE
Eador: Masters of the Broken World $5.99
Sniper Elite $1.99
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic 1-6
Sniper Elite: Berlin FREE
Book of Unwritten Tales
Thunderscape
Divinity: Dragon Commander $22.49
Aquanox FREE
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
Rogue Legacy $4.99
Populous: The Beginning $1.49
Syberia $1.99
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
Don't Starve FREE
AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
Chaos Engine $3.29
Space Colony HD FREE
Reus $2.49
Megabyte Punch $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
Deus Ex GOTY $1.99
Torchlight $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack FREE
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Blackwell Bundle $2.99
System Shock 2 $1.99
Anodyne $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon FREE
Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
Don't Starve $4.99
Shadow Man $2.39
Aquanox2 FREE
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Anvil of Dawn $ 1.49
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Defender's Quest $2.99
Book of Unwritten Tales FREE
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
The Real Texas $2.99
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
Inquisitor $3.74
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams FREE
Evoland $2.49
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Hotline Miami $2.49
Blackwell Bundle FREE
Sacred Gold $1.99
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Shelter $3.9
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings FREE
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
FEZ $2.99
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
The Chaos Engine FREE
Aquanox $1.49
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Lords of Midnight FREE
Resonance $2.49
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Space Colony HD $2.49
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Inquisitor FREE
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Primordia $2.49
Lucius $3.99
Myst: Masterpiece Ed FREE
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Miasmata $2.99
Reus FREE
Theme Hospital $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Kings of Dragon Pass FREE
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Magrunner: Dark Pulse FREE
Puddle $1.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Brutal Legend $3.74
Eador: Masters of the Broken World FREE
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
Thief Gold $1.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
504: Gateway Time-out (a.k.a. there is going to be a freebie)
Syberia FREE as predicted
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Post edited November 21, 2013 by KMJX
So... No official statistics yet? I don't know how to interpret the post last page. : D
gogbot: The holy text of the The List has stabilized in its current form so we might understand it at our mortal level. We can never be sure when it will transform again, so gaze in awe at all its glory while you have the chance.
JudasIscariot: Geez, you guys sound like the Great Pattern worshipers from 4chan's /v/ :D
That's ok. You should start worrying when instead of "Hail The List" you get something like "DAT List!"
I am happy to see Deus Ex could still sell 2400 copies after all this time. It's one of my all time favorites.

R.I.P. THE LIST ' gone but not forgotten '

Hope everyone is enjoying their new games , hope to see you all again real soon.

Best Wishes to you all.
cjc7: I am happy to see Deus Ex could still sell 2400 copies after all this time. It's one of my all time favorites.

R.I.P. THE LIST ' gone but not forgotten '

Hope everyone is enjoying their new games , hope to see you all again real soon.

Best Wishes to you all.
Wait. They had Deus Ex on sale? Holy [insert word] crabcakes, Batman! I didn't know about the sale until the Third Round, but frequented GoG everyday. Just saw that harvest picture with the leaves, and saw PROMO but it just didn't dawn on me, and then it hit me like an anvil. I really need to pay attention to GoG events, especially since I skim this site multiple times a week...
CorranHorn: Kickstarter was something I only heard about when I watch a video from Total Biscuit talking about the game "No Time to Explain" but it was Double Fine´s adventure that really got me into the whole Kickstarter thing and after this I´ve seen so many "vets" from the industry that I remember fondly from the "golden days of gaming". Kickstarter and the indie games have given me a new hope for the industry, and I feel as a kid once more=).
Chandoraa: Allow me to hijack your post in order to introduce an idea that's been buzzing around my head for a while. You know what's wrong with Kickstarter? It mixes up the concepts of customer and business partner. See, if you make a game and then sell it to me, fine, I'm your customer. If you ask me for money to make a game, then I'm effectively your business partner, and so I should be entitled to a cut of the game's earnings proportional to my investment, small as that cut might be. If instead you just give me a copy of the game (or whichever extra goodies you add to sweeten the deal and entice me to back with more money), then I'm basically preordering a product that will take months to release and wouldn't even exist without my backing. I'd much rather wait until I see it finished and know if it's actually any good. What's more, I'll wait until I see it in one of GOG.com, awesome-tastic sales!

So don't get me wrong, am I saying we shouldn't support the flurry of awesome indie game that are trying to find funding on Kickstarter? Definitely not! Kickstarter has seen some of the most interesting game pitchings of the last few years, and those projects definitely deserve backing. What I'm saying is that developers should work towards improving that model, and actually provide their backers (again, effectively business partners) with some incentive to compensate the risk they're assuming (in this case, the risk that the game they helped fund by paying for it months in advance turns out to utterly suck). Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm being taken advantage of, even if I get an awesome game in return, because the developer might actually be scoring quite a buck out of my money. I guess that kind of model is not possible on Kikcstarter, but maybe someone will create a new platform that allows it. I don't know, maybe some Poland-based company with a proven record of respecting gamers and developers alike? -_^
Such a model already exists and I´ve read about at least one (can´t remember the name though) that let you get a share of the sale. Kickstarter is not that and if one decides to back a project they should never do this if they aren´t 100% sure about it.

Yes, Kickstarter should absolutely bee seen as a system where you can "order" games you like but one very important thing to remember is that there are no guarantees of ever getting this game. If you are backing games on Kickstarter do not do this if you have any doubts about it. I really feel for the people that backed Clang, it looked very promising but this should be a reminder to everyone that some projects will, sadly, never make it.

The project I´m talking about is this one http://kotaku.com/famous-kickstarter-campaign-turns-into-complete-disaste-1352054852?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/09/clang-kickstarter/
Post edited November 21, 2013 by CorranHorn
howardc007: Has anyone summoned The List?
KMJX: I'm not going to take the bait.

I SAID, I'm NOT taking the bait

Oh, screw you!

THE LIST

Games that should be left to come.

504: Gateway Time-out FREE

Games that have already been offered on the "Last Chance" round:
GoG confirmed that anything listed as "FREE" in in this "Last Chance" Round will be up again with a price.
Italic ones have been both "FREE" and on "Last Chance" already, so they wont pop up anymore.

Rise of the Triad $7.49
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
System Shock 2 FREE
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
Master of Magic $1.19
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
Lords of Midnight $1.93
Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
Miasmata FREE
Eador: Masters of the Broken World $5.99
Sniper Elite $1.99
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic 1-6
Sniper Elite: Berlin FREE
Book of Unwritten Tales
Thunderscape
Divinity: Dragon Commander $22.49
Aquanox FREE
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
Rogue Legacy $4.99
Populous: The Beginning $1.49
Syberia $1.99
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
Don't Starve FREE
AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
Chaos Engine $3.29
Space Colony HD FREE
Reus $2.49
Megabyte Punch $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
Deus Ex GOTY $1.99
Torchlight $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack FREE
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Blackwell Bundle $2.99
System Shock 2 $1.99
Anodyne $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon FREE
Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
Don't Starve $4.99
Shadow Man $2.39
Aquanox2 FREE
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Anvil of Dawn $ 1.49
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Defender's Quest $2.99
Book of Unwritten Tales FREE
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
The Real Texas $2.99
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
Inquisitor $3.74
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams FREE
Evoland $2.49
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Hotline Miami $2.49
Blackwell Bundle FREE
Sacred Gold $1.99
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Shelter $3.9
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings FREE
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
FEZ $2.99
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
The Chaos Engine FREE
Aquanox $1.49
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Lords of Midnight FREE
Resonance $2.49
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Space Colony HD $2.49
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Inquisitor FREE
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Primordia $2.49
Lucius $3.99
Myst: Masterpiece Ed FREE
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Miasmata $2.99
Reus FREE
Theme Hospital $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Kings of Dragon Pass FREE
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Magrunner: Dark Pulse FREE
Puddle $1.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Brutal Legend $3.74
Eador: Masters of the Broken World FREE
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
Thief Gold $1.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
504: Gateway Time-out (a.k.a. there is going to be a freebie)
Syberia FREE as predicted
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
YES! I finally get another free copy of 504: Gateway Time-out! Couldn't have done it without The List![
JudasIscariot: ...On the table there is a pile of neatly stacked documents. The contents of the documents are precisely handwritten in electric blue ink. It would appear to be charts filled with columns of numbers and game titles.

>read documents
Eli: The first page begins with a simple title:

"An Analysis of GOG's Insomnia Sale Numbers"
I must have read the wrong document, the first page of my document reads:

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
howardc007: All hail The List!
Draggon: It's buried thousands of posts back, but here's a little story about The List that you might enjoy...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post33197
A must read for all disciples of The List!

Thank you for compiling this history for all future generations to find! :)
Post edited November 21, 2013 by howardc007
I want to thank those whose recommended Jade Empire. Holy smokes, this game is so awesome! I'm enjoying this game a lot than I do with Star Wars: Knights of the Republic.
Slept right through HoMM3 and Jade Empire sales, so I decided to grab the latter at Steam, as someone said it was on sale there.
So I looked Jade Empire up, found it (at a reduced price indeed!) and logged in to buy it. Well... that was the moment I was reminded of certain advantages GOG has over Steam.
JE wasn't on sale in my region. In fact, it wasn't available in my region at all. Instead they offered a reduced price on... well, another game.
Post edited November 22, 2013 by wrathsinger
wrathsinger: Slept right through HoMM3 and Jade Empire sales, so I decided to grab the latter at Steam, as someone said it was on sale there.
So I looked Jade Empire up, found it (at a reduced price indeed!) and logged in to buy it. Well... that was the moment I was reminded of certain advantages GOG has over Steam.
JE wasn't on sale in my region. In fact, it wasn't available in my region at all. Instead they offered a reduced price on... well, another game.
Keaneroll'd! LOL
Just want to say that I thought this promo was fantastic and I think GOG ought to do it again sometime.
marlowe221: Just want to say that I thought this promo was fantastic and I think GOG ought to do it again sometime.
Insomnia Sale 2: Keane Harder
marlowe221: Just want to say that I thought this promo was fantastic and I think GOG ought to do it again sometime.
mondo84: Insomnia Sale 2: Keane Harder
Insomnia Sale 2: The Ride Still hasn't Ended