It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
undeadcow: I spent way too much and picked up the following:
Expeditions: Conquistadors - the historic theme mashed with HOMM style gameplay seems like a winner.
Expeditions: Conquistador has HOMM style gameplay?? I thought it was an action RPG like Diablo. If I knew that I would have consider buying it.
WOW!!! still going this thread, it's really fun read all this posts

THIS THREAD DON'T MUST DIE!!!!!!!!! XD
undeadcow: Spellforce Platinum - turn based strategy games are usually fun.
Everything is in real-time in this one. It is RTS meets RPG. A hero-leveling plus army-building type of thing with nice camera options.
undeadcow: Spellforce Platinum - turn based strategy games are usually fun.
mantarrochen: Everything is in real-time in this one. It is RTS meets RPG. A hero-leveling plus army-building type of thing with nice camera options.
Real time strategy and RPG sounds good too... they... had... me... at RPG.
Has anyone read the Jack Keane 2 reviews that were written during the sale?
Hilarious!
donsanderson: Has anyone read the Jack Keane 2 reviews that were written during the sale?
Hilarious!
That was a favorite pastime during the slower parts of round three. :-)
donsanderson: Has anyone read the Jack Keane 2 reviews that were written during the sale?
Hilarious!
Haha yea they're still up. Maybe Jack's appearance in the sale was a publicity stunt to boost the review scores! :p
Hilarious!
mondo84: Haha yea they're still up. Maybe Jack's appearance in the sale was a publicity stunt to boost the review scores! :p
True enough! At least the JK2 devs had a good sense of humor about all the flack we were dishing out. :-)
bradelli: I highly recommend it. I started by reading the first 18 pages of the manual which is a story. Then in the game, rather than skipping through dialogue, reading everything just made it so much more interesting. You can interact with almost any object in the game. I can't imagine how complex it must have been to program. Fantastic game
mkell_226: I started Ultima VII quite a while ago, and sadly I'd only played about 30 minutes worth before I had to put it away. I keep hearing so much great stuff about it, I REALLY want to get back to it!!
Ultima VII is an "ultimate" RPG (no pun intended at all!). It took me a while, too, to get into the game because at first I didn't know what to do, and when I realized what I could do (or what the game has to offer) the massiveness of it seemed overwhelming. It is a real authentic, not hold-your-hand, game that puts you right in the middle of a story-arch. It's not like many other sandbox RPGs (TES) that direct you where to go, or what to do next. Yeah, yeah... People always say Elder Scrolls you have this "sense of freedom" when really it is an illusion. There is always somebody pointing you somewhere to go. If you wander just enough, you will always find direction (in other RPGs). To back it up, Ultima is at the fine line between a story-driven and completely free-roaming game, and has a story that is more well fleshed out than many other Sandbox RPGs. I will give TES its credit for trivial backstories, but you don't really seeing any of those things effecting the main character. Ultima VII is different in the case that you're the Avatar, you're pretty much screwed, and you really have to find out why, and that really isn't the driving motivation behind the main story, just one of its facets. I don't know why Ultima VII isn't, hasn't been as popular as other PC titles. Only excuse I can get is maybe the isometric view, but whatever, it adds character and compliments the game in more ways than one.

Of course, I could be wrong, in which many cases I normally am...
Post edited November 20, 2013 by deathmyrk
CorranHorn: Kickstarter was something I only heard about when I watch a video from Total Biscuit talking about the game "No Time to Explain" but it was Double Fine´s adventure that really got me into the whole Kickstarter thing and after this I´ve seen so many "vets" from the industry that I remember fondly from the "golden days of gaming". Kickstarter and the indie games have given me a new hope for the industry, and I feel as a kid once more=).
Allow me to hijack your post in order to introduce an idea that's been buzzing around my head for a while. You know what's wrong with Kickstarter? It mixes up the concepts of customer and business partner. See, if you make a game and then sell it to me, fine, I'm your customer. If you ask me for money to make a game, then I'm effectively your business partner, and so I should be entitled to a cut of the game's earnings proportional to my investment, small as that cut might be. If instead you just give me a copy of the game (or whichever extra goodies you add to sweeten the deal and entice me to back with more money), then I'm basically preordering a product that will take months to release and wouldn't even exist without my backing. I'd much rather wait until I see it finished and know if it's actually any good. What's more, I'll wait until I see it in one of GOG.com, awesome-tastic sales!

So don't get me wrong, am I saying we shouldn't support the flurry of awesome indie game that are trying to find funding on Kickstarter? Definitely not! Kickstarter has seen some of the most interesting game pitchings of the last few years, and those projects definitely deserve backing. What I'm saying is that developers should work towards improving that model, and actually provide their backers (again, effectively business partners) with some incentive to compensate the risk they're assuming (in this case, the risk that the game they helped fund by paying for it months in advance turns out to utterly suck). Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm being taken advantage of, even if I get an awesome game in return, because the developer might actually be scoring quite a buck out of my money. I guess that kind of model is not possible on Kikcstarter, but maybe someone will create a new platform that allows it. I don't know, maybe some Poland-based company with a proven record of respecting gamers and developers alike? -_^
Chandoraa: I don't know, maybe some Poland-based company with a proven record of respecting gamers and developers alike? -_^
Allow me to hijack your thread of thought and bitch about Polish law. Some time ago, Polish media started talking about Kickstarter and noticed that such entity operating in Poland could be sued for breaking some vague law from 1930s regarding collection of cash, it sounded like "public cash collecting requires government allowance", without defining public cash collecting precisely. Somebody told the government about it. What happened? The "digitalization department" (yes, we have such thing) decided to modify the law... so that it was not vague but certain that every one "Polish Kickstarter" (not as company, as a project proposal) would require government allowance.

Not that CDP can't engage into anything with GOG Ltd. being in Cyprus now. But some days, I don't have any words for describing "our" state.
Chandoraa: I don't know, maybe some Poland-based company with a proven record of respecting gamers and developers alike? -_^
stan423321: Allow me to hijack your thread of thought and bitch about Polish law. Some time ago, Polish media started talking about Kickstarter and noticed that such entity operating in Poland could be sued for breaking some vague law from 1930s regarding collection of cash, it sounded like "public cash collecting requires government allowance", without defining public cash collecting precisely. Somebody told the government about it. What happened? The "digitalization department" (yes, we have such thing) decided to modify the law... so that it was not vague but certain that every one "Polish Kickstarter" (not as company, as a project proposal) would require government allowance.

Not that CDP can't engage into anything with GOG Ltd. being in Cyprus now. But some days, I don't have any words for describing "our" state.
It's the same everywhere governments want you to give your money to them to squander on everything that sucks and will use old laws or create new to prevent you spending your hard earned cash on whatever you want.
Hi Everyone, hope everyone is doing fine and well..
Just stopped in to see if GOG posted the stats yet ?

This forum refuses to die ... ha ha ..Love it... :)
Best to all of you ....
stan423321: The "digitalization department" (yes, we have such thing) decided to modify the law... so that it was not vague but certain that every one "Polish Kickstarter" (not as company, as a project proposal) would require government allowance.
That sure sounds like a major bummer.
cjc7: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is doing fine and well..
Just stopped in to see if GOG posted the stats yet ?

This forum refuses to die ... ha ha ..Love it... :)
Best to all of you ....
No news from GOG yet.