It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Dammit, I mist NWN! All this waiting for nothing. -.-
sharp299: sorry for my ignorant question but what is a "hipster"?
A hipster would be someone who likes something because it is trendy. Saying that of a classic like Baldur's Gate is well dumb.
Travanoid: It's 4 AM. If I sleep, the games I want will appear. If I stay up, Keane will undoubtedly troll me. What to do, what to do!
Sleep 15 min every games :P
MaximumBunny: Someone who never drinks their coffee before it's cool.
oh, then I have seen a lot of users are hipster too... LOL
Buenro-games: A hipster would be someone who likes something because it is trendy. Saying that of a classic like Baldur's Gate is well dumb.
thanks for the answer I have understand well now. :D
Post edited November 18, 2013 by sharp299
EX-Deimon: How are the controls for the TR games on the PC? Dodgy or playable?
I think it´s playable, TR uses an auto locking mechanism that works pretty good, the main focus of the game is exploration not the action=).
Post edited November 18, 2013 by CorranHorn
I'm going to sleep for 4 hours. Would someone being willing to pick up an extra King of Dragon Pass and/or Jade Empire SE if they pop up? I'll pay you back.
Damn....Fell asleep in the frigging chair with no "hey, I sure am getting sleepy" warning, woke up out of the blue and there's NWN with 50 copies left. Actually had good timing for once, and now, after FIVE GODSDAMNED DAYS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) my list is complete. So I can finally get out and get some real sleep! YES!
Have a good night/day, everyone. Good luck to you in retrieving whatever else you're trying to get.
Buenro-games: A hipster would be someone who likes something because it is trendy. Saying that of a classic like Baldur's Gate is well dumb.
Isnt that know as a Trendy? we have another word for them here... cant remember it tho lol
Post edited November 18, 2013 by nijuu
For almost 3 days I have waited for the only game I wanted to buy i.e. The Witcher 2. But now I have to go out for quite a while and I am afraid its gonna show up while I am gone, knowing my luck. :/
Yay, thanks GOG! Tomb Raider 1+2+3 was the final thing I was after!

I only ever intended initially to get Jade Empire.

Ended up getting...

Jade Empire
Two Worlds II Epic Edition
NWN2 Complete
NWN Diamond
Tombraider 1+2+3

Plus the following freebies (all of which I'm actually interested in too!)...

Postal 2
Reus
Inquisitor (Forum giveaway)
Planetscape Torment (Forum giveaway)

Damn addictive sale ;)

Thanks guys and gals, it's been fun! Chatter in the forum kept me going for the past 3 days of watching GOG most of the time :p (Will definitely sleep well tonight!)
Post edited November 18, 2013 by BTCentral
nightrunner227: I'm going to sleep for 4 hours. Would someone being willing to pick up an extra King of Dragon Pass and/or Jade Empire SE if they pop up? I'll pay you back.
If I see it, I'll pick it up-
one of the first action games was TR. controls where fine for me back then i even have problems to use wasd. but now i t take times to get used to. But wierd controls of TR are one of its charm.
CarrionCrow: Damn....Fell asleep in the frigging chair with no "hey, I sure am getting sleepy" warning, woke up out of the blue and there's NWN with 50 copies left. Actually had good timing for once, and now, after FIVE GODSDAMNED DAYS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) my list is complete. So I can finally get out and get some real sleep! YES!
Have a good night/day, everyone. Good luck to you in retrieving whatever else you're trying to get.
Congrats. :)
CorranHorn: I think it´s playable, TR uses an auto locking mechanism that works pretty good, the main focus of the game is exploration not the action=).
I remember TR II being very action based compared to TR1 and III. I would mainly be buying this set for TR II. I loved the Venice level and barkhang monastery
nightrunner227: I'm going to sleep for 4 hours. Would someone being willing to pick up an extra King of Dragon Pass and/or Jade Empire SE if they pop up? I'll pay you back.
Im sure someone will. probably not me...ill be asleep sometime soon..