It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Don't reckon there is anyone that is going to be online for a long while that would be willing to snag an extra copy of Jade Empire if it pops up?

I'm hoping that I don't miss anything really juicy (for my own enjoyment and gift codes), but Larry is shopblocking me so hard right now.
As one of the only people (*the* only person?) actually waiting for Cognition, I am pretty sure that it won't be next after LSL slow-burns its way through - it'll be more likely to be something that goes reasonably quickly.

Means I can get on with some work, which is good.

I haven't been sat watching GOG and refusing to sleep like some of you - I've just been checking it every so often while I've been awake, and if I miss something, I miss something. I salute your endeavours, hardcore sale watchers, if not questioning your sanity.
Lionel212008: Jade empire gone?
Not yet.
Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Thief Gold $1.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99

Here's what's left to go.
shayne3: Sounds more like a dick move on their part. They asked you to do them a favour, you do it, and you're left holding the baby.
gbaz69: Yes and no. I deleted my conversation, so I'm not sure if I made it 100% clear that I was buying it for them.
I blame it on staying up so late + my medicine making me far more... looking for correct word... drowsy... I'll stick with using drowsy :P
See thats just wrong... If i asked someone to pick a game up for me and i knew who that person would be. Even if i got the game already i would have taken that double as a gift...

Thats like asking someone to buy you a gallon of Milk, they go through all the trouble of buying it, come back and you tell them you already have the milk leaving them eating the bill.

No you take that second gallon because YOU were the moron that asked them to buy it for YOU!!!

Wow that pissed me off a little. sorry i just woke up.
high rated
As my wife told me, the biggest game available at this point is the "Fall Insomnia Promo" one and it's free-to-play (with in-app purchase available if you want to complete your collection).
Right, phone interview in 5 minutes. Catch you guys later :)
cal74: As my wife told me, the biggest game available at this point is the "Fall Insomnia Promo" one and it's free-to-play (with in-app purchase available if you want to complete your collection).
Ooh. :( Sudden clarity's a bitch.
Alien8n: Right, phone interview in 5 minutes. Catch you guys later :)
Hope it goes well ;D
nijuu: One reason why im wary about buying stuff to trade to people who come back... may not come back or already traded with someone else :/
Always ask for trading rep and reliability. While it's nice to be nice, you can't just go spend money on randoms and leave it to blind trust/hope. It gets easier to spot who's where on that scale with experience, as well as know who's the genuine newbie. ^^
gbaz69: Yes and no. I deleted my conversation, so I'm not sure if I made it 100% clear that I was buying it for them.
I blame it on staying up so late + my medicine making me far more... looking for correct word... drowsy... I'll stick with using drowsy :P
Minmataro: See thats just wrong... If i asked someone to pick a game up for me and i knew who that person would be. Even if i got the game already i would have taken that double as a gift...

Thats like asking someone to buy you a gallon of Milk, they go through all the trouble of buying it, come back and you tell them you already have the milk leaving them eating the bill.

No you take that second gallon because YOU were the moron that asked them to buy it for YOU!!!

All reason to be pissed off.
Minmataro: See thats just wrong... If i asked someone to pick a game up for me and i knew who that person would be. Even if i got the game already i would have taken that double as a gift...

Man the effort you did. I'm afraid that I would miss the sale for someone elses request.

gonna +1 rep you :)
Post edited November 18, 2013 by Crappynuker1
proxymoron: As one of the only people (*the* only person?) actually waiting for Cognition, I am pretty sure that it won't be next after LSL slow-burns its way through - it'll be more likely to be something that goes reasonably quickly.

Means I can get on with some work, which is good.

I haven't been sat watching GOG and refusing to sleep like some of you - I've just been checking it every so often while I've been awake, and if I miss something, I miss something. I salute your endeavours, hardcore sale watchers, if not questioning your sanity.
Oh man..... that is going to be a SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW one...

I hope there are no more than 50 copies available, hopefully 20...
gbaz69: Would anyone be willing to trade me LSL:R for my King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY?
PM me please! (I could throw in a the witcher key if you want it too)
I believe Kaitu is. Give him a PM
proxymoron: ... Means I can get on with some work, which is good.
... if not questioning your sanity.
Tell us what you work on. We will laugh or question your sanity ;-)