It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Boilpoint: Weren't people predicting this would happen with Hotline Miami? Why didn't GOG adjust for this round like they did with Jack Keane 2?
JayMack: i think it's to let the Europeans sleep.
04:24 and I'm still up!
skeletonbow: IMHO, it's really not worth waiting super long periods of time just to save a couple bucks at the current rates. Just about anyone that isn't an invalid etc. could get an extra shift at work, or so something in the same time period to make $5 or $10 or whatever a particular game they want is currently discounted and just buy it at the regular price for a lot less man hours of effort. ;o)

I endured the first day on and off, and the first hour or so of the 2nd, and only poked in here to chit chat after and have a casual non-shopping gander after picking up 3 sale games, but while it was interesting to a degree and "different", I'm going to probably pan on future sales of this style as they're potentially far too time consuming for the dollar savings in retrospect IMHO. I mean, I might randomly fire up the website from time to time if a sale is on just to see if something I care about is active currently, but then go back to whatever is important and not actually monitor in realtime hoping the next game is one I want. It's like watching paint dry. :)
I don't really care for the games to come. Unfortunately I discovered this thread...
Boilpoint: Weren't people predicting this would happen with Hotline Miami? Why didn't GOG adjust for this round like they did with Jack Keane 2?
I missed Jack Keane 2 again....I've been waiting for the last 8 hours...
CarrionCrow: Because the people who make Hotline Miami had a better deal going than the ones who make Jack Keane?
"Oh yeah, we'll make sure we get a buttload of your product sold, guys, no matter how long it takes!"
www.forkstarter.com
skeletonbow: IMHO, it's really not worth waiting super long periods of time just to save a couple bucks at the current rates. Just about anyone that isn't an invalid etc. could get an extra shift at work, or so something in the same time period to make $5 or $10 or whatever a particular game they want is currently discounted and just buy it at the regular price for a lot less man hours of effort. ;o)

I endured the first day on and off, and the first hour or so of the 2nd, and only poked in here to chit chat after and have a casual non-shopping gander after picking up 3 sale games, but while it was interesting to a degree and "different", I'm going to probably pan on future sales of this style as they're potentially far too time consuming for the dollar savings in retrospect IMHO. I mean, I might randomly fire up the website from time to time if a sale is on just to see if something I care about is active currently, but then go back to whatever is important and not actually monitor in realtime hoping the next game is one I want. It's like watching paint dry. :)
golea: I don't really care for the games to come. Unfortunately I discovered this thread...
agreeed ive allready got all the games i wanted however this tread has the nicest bunch of lads and gals ive ever spoken to on the interwebs
MysterD: Thing is - I can run Sacred 1: Gold + S2: Gold on my Win 7 PC.
He probably should be able to, as well.
Infin8ty: What compatibility settings do you have? And do you have all of DX9 (Steam may install this for you when starting older games, so you may not have downloaded it yourself)? Also, for comparison, what GPU?
I have direct-x 11 installed, and I have run it with and without winxp compatibility. all checkmarks in config, none.. any combinations of them.

It won't run.
GhostwriterDoF: Well, the game is in your library regardless of what computer you are using. so in the future, when you get another computer, you will have a better chance of running the game... :)
MysterD: Thing is - I can run Sacred 1: Gold + S2: Gold on my Win 7 PC.
He probably should be able to, as well.
I'm running Win 7 64bit with a GTX 450 Geforce and haven't had any problems running any old games from GoG yet.

Can't say about Sacred Gold, as I just got it on the first round and haven't downloaded it yet...
dirtyharry50: Seeing someone ask what a CRT is makes me feel old. :(
MasodikTiasma: Relax, I know what it is. ;-) I just didn't know how they're called in English. Tell me about a "tube cathodique" and I'll know what you mean alright.
Ah, I feel young again! Thank you. :D
garrus74: Back in time to grab Hotline: Miami. What did I miss after Inquisitor?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post22419
saruchan: Yes! What kind of imaginary cookies do you like?
FoxySage: Chocolate chip mint cookies. =)
Hang tight, they'll be ready shortly!
Infin8ty: What compatibility settings do you have? And do you have all of DX9 (Steam may install this for you when starting older games, so you may not have downloaded it yourself)? Also, for comparison, what GPU?
xenxander: I have direct-x 11 installed, and I have run it with and without winxp compatibility. all checkmarks in config, none.. any combinations of them.

It won't run.
DX 11 doesn't always guarantee DX 9, at least in Win8, but maybe also for Win7, I don't remember.
I am running:
windows 7 64bit

video card: ASUS Nvidia 550 TI

direct-x 11 installed.

Sacred Gold won't run. Period. End of story.
xenxander: Also, my video card is ASUS Nvidia 550 TI

It's not supposed to be a bad card.
It's not your card. Have you checked out that game sub-forum?
golea: I don't really care for the games to come. Unfortunately I discovered this thread...
Daz12380: agreeed ive allready got all the games i wanted however this tread has the nicest bunch of lads and gals ive ever spoken to on the interwebs
exactly. I didn't think a civilized conversation was still possible via internet.
xenxander: I have direct-x 11 installed, and I have run it with and without winxp compatibility. all checkmarks in config, none.. any combinations of them.

It won't run.
Try installing DirectX 9, it has libraries that old games rely on that DX 10, 11 don't have.