It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Takatori: snip
Johnmourby: Question: why do DnD games sell so well round these parts? I get why Plainscape and Baulder's Gate sell so well they're very famous games. But all the DnD games are huge sellers. Famous or not.
Tis a good question, one I'm not sure of. Maybe it's just the DnD tag to it? Whether they become famous or not, they sell really big and I think it's the DnD tag + hype for it.

My first DnD game was Hillsfar followed by Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, The Krynn games etc, and when you get these sort of games updated further and further the anticipation is quite high I think.

DnD have a massive backing of fans as I'm sure everyone knows, whether it's table top or PC games. I honestly think it's the DnD tag, kinda like CoD games, they sell well because they are Call of Duty, but they aren't exactly the be all end all, if you get my meaning.
That's what I think anyway :)
JudasIscariot: Nah, we played some poker instead :)
TurnipSlayerr: Whaaaat? :(
They also talked about you.
FreDDaN: You wanna know whats funny? PS4 launches today and here we are waiting for old classics too go on sale instead xD
what is an ps4? you mean this thing... with discs? ...

hmm,.. no need for that..got a power system here^^

dam dam dam PC MASTER RACE dam dam dam
nijuu: I thought Jack Keane and Eador the Wizard came and held you hostage ;)
that would have been interesting to see ;).
In all honesty. Pretty good sale. Nice sales tactic. Needs a few tweaks.. but then you guys will have read many of the comments already :D. I give it a 9/10 ;)
Is it really still Magrunner? Or did my counter freeze
MGShogun: Welcome to GoG! :DDD

I am still in awe that people are willing to drop a serious amount of cash on games in the sale.
stg83: Yeah, its amazing to watch the meter go from 600 to 0 for games of all kinds, except for Jack Keane which allowed everyone to get some much need shut eye. :)
And that sniper game.

Eador game.

*shuddering* But it allows us to interacting with each other in this thread so that's a huge plus. It makes for a great community. :)
FreDDaN: You wanna know whats funny? PS4 launches today and here we are waiting for old classics too go on sale instead xD
MGShogun: With the price of PS4, one can easily acquired several classic games with that amount. :D
I can buy 10 games for the price of a good lunch, or a PS4 and not eat. Ever.
Captain_Picard: Hey, GOG Team, can you buy 25 copies of Magrunner to speed this sale up?
+1 to this guy...
Speaking of poker: Does anyone know a good poker game you can play online with friends? Something not website-based.
JudasIscariot: Someone had to keep them busy :P
Ha, I thought you meant at work! I think I need to sleep :D
Devoidless: Is it really still Magrunner? Or did my counter freeze
22 more copies of Magrunner to go!
On the plus side I found a spare 2 bucks, which I'll use on thief gold.
Faenwulf: I just started with Shadowrun 4 and the 5th Edition rulebook arrived here on Wednesday. I really like the Shadowrun flair so far, although it is a bit rule heavy for my tastes. (Especially Matrix related things).
Schemilix: Tch, I just played a Street Sam. My first campaign was really high on the BP from the offset, so he started off with Improved Reflexes and the ability to shoot twice in one round.
He was also mentally incompetent and needed my friend's Hermetic Mage character to look after him, since he's an escaped clone with the experience and mental abilities of a child.
I started with an orkish bear shaman of the nrodic tradition who is part of a Go-Gang (Like the rest of the team) in the German Rhein-Rhur-Megaplex.

Really funny cruising around on Harleys and stealign stuff. :D
Devoidless: Is it really still Magrunner? Or did my counter freeze
Still Magrunner. 22 left.
JudasIscariot: Someone had to keep them busy :P
TurnipSlayerr: Ha, I thought you meant at work! I think I need to sleep :D
Why? Has something big been going on around there in the last couple days? :-)