It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
binn05: So let me try it.
Vanilla ice cream is the worst kind of ice cream...
Let the flames start... :D
Vanilla is awesome
Ah, just woke up. Did Nexus: The Jupiter Incident come around a second time?
I don't like this promo, because I'm only allowed 20 purchases in 24 hours, or my bank will freeze my account cause of the anti-frued mesurements.
Really, $3 x 20 is worse then $1,000 x 3? I even called, and tried to get it raised, but I couldn't.
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
CarrionCrow: Waiting for someone to say that a bot stole their free game, set their mailbox on fire and impregnated their sister.
Why, that happened to me and I don't even have a mailbox! Or a sister!

;)

edit: darn, too slow posting this joke, got beaten to it... it's those bots again!! ;)
Post edited November 14, 2013 by Timelord1963
Dragnerok_X: Woke up just a few minutes ago (west coast) and just barely snagged Ult Underworld. I take it Deus has already cycled through?
It did yesterday. Hasn't come back around for a second go.
jorlin: Ah, just woke up. Did Nexus: The Jupiter Incident come around a second time?
I don't think it has
jorlin: Ah, just woke up. Did Nexus: The Jupiter Incident come around a second time?
Not yet
Dragnerok_X: Woke up just a few minutes ago (west coast) and just barely snagged Ult Underworld. I take it Deus has already cycled through?
CarrionCrow: It did yesterday. Hasn't come back around for a second go.
Sweet. Should be up shortly then. :3
I hear Rise of the Triad is a great multiplayer experience, why don't you buy one for you and one for all 40 of your friends?
Post edited November 14, 2013 by Flam3crow
Come on Heroes 2, I need you!
CarrionCrow: Waiting for someone to say that a bot stole their free game, set their mailbox on fire and impregnated their sister.
Timelord1963: Why, that happened to me and I don't even have a mailbox! Or a sister!

;)
Mistaken identity on the bot's part?
Thanks to Nijuu for tracking repeats so we narrow down what might be next. Kudos! I sent a few +1s through.
binn05: So let me try it.
Vanilla ice cream is the worst kind of ice cream...
Let the flames start... :D
Artificer: People in this thread are too interested in games/not getting games, I already posted my "perfect steak" recipe earlier =P
I think you mean "too interested in whinning that they didn't get the free ones"...
But that would be trolling of my part and trolling is bad.
Fictionvision: I remember back in the day the only place that sold computer games here was EB, and they kept stuff high for ages. The douchebags had Command and Conquer packed with some strategy guide for $70 a year after it released. I was happy when Wal Mart opened because they had some stuff at saner prices at least.
wanderlust76: Yeah man you know what I'm talkin' about. It was a lot harder to get good deals on games back then. It took them a long time to drop even 10 dollars.
My brother and I grew up in a very rural area.

The first game we bought was Master of Magic. It cost $80(CDN), which was about half a year of saving from both of us.

We had to order it from a store in the next town over. It took them 3 weeks to receive it, at which point we had to convince our parents to actually take us to get it.

Our second game ever bought was X:COM:TFTD. It cost us $80. We had to order it from the same store... you see where this is going.

For all of you entitled young'uns, we might joke sometimes about "how hard it was in our day" but this is what buying PC games was ACTUALLY like when most of these games first came out, and how much it cost.

So forgive me if many of us have very little sympathy for you and your entitlement.
40 left.cant believe how long this game is taking