It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Remember, fellow Insomniacs, the first post of the thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post2
BillyMaysFan59: Remember, fellow Insomniacs, the first post of the thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post2
Only 50 days left :)

BTW I re-read the thread from the begining just to remember how this thing started :) To my surprise, there were a lot of complaints about "impulsiv buying" and that digital copies don't a have a stock limit (more complaints than I remembered) but after a few free games the sale got to the point where every game was gone in matter of minutes.

People were hoping for Master of Orion 3 to slow the sale so they could take a breath. They didn't know something was coming for them :))
Post edited September 25, 2014 by GabiMoro
I'm thinking for preparation a month in a tent in the most unhabitated areas of Lapland on a reindeer pee diet.
I'll still not survive this sale very likely
Is anyone else worried that GOG will add movies into the Fall Insomnia 2 Promo?
So whens the next one? *sans the movies*
high rated
mrking58: Is anyone else worried that GOG will add movies into the Fall Insomnia 2 Promo?
Why should the inclusion of movies be something to worry about?

Perhaps GOG would want to test the waters and add a small number of copies of a couple of them, though they're all too new releases to be included in such a sale.

The latest movie release appears to be of interest to more people than the previous ones (even IAmSinistar caved, bought it and enjoyed it), and there's still enough time till the next Insomnia Promo for GOG to enrich the collection with titles of more appeal to more people. Either way, it's only fair to give people interested in movies the same chance to get a good deal as those only into games.
And look at the up side - those not interested in movies, can always use the time to get other things done or catch some sleep. ;-)

*click... click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click...click*
mrking58: Is anyone else worried that GOG will add movies into the Fall Insomnia 2 Promo?
I don't expect movies to appear in the coming Insomnia (if one is indeed on the way), as that might create backlash against movies rather than increase interest. Perhaps down the road when GOG's movie catalogue is more mature they can weave such offerings into the sale.

I do however expect a movie-centric sale or promo eventually. One that doesn't replace an expected game sale, again because GOG would want to avoid upsetting their core audience. But there will be one sooner or later.
Okay. Going to do my part.

Here's to you Jack!

click.... click.... click.... click.... click....

As for Fall Insomnia 2, it will be interesting to see what kind of format GOG comes up with. I suspect it will be a mix of old and new, some parts great and others less so.
*yawns*

click
When is a potential Insomnia promo likely to happen? (if it does happen that is - they need to hold one in memory of Jack..haha).

Hmmm

Indie games - yes quite a few good ones
Indie music - some neat stuff
Indie books - again some interesting material
Indie movies - ummmm i think ill pass
Post edited September 29, 2014 by Niggles
Waiting, waiting, waiting....Fingers crossed to maybe get Insomnia in October, incorporated into Halloween perhaps, rather than having a one-two November/December wallet-punch.
Niggles: When is a potential Insomnia promo likely to happen?
Last time it was in mid-November. So probably the same again this year, which frankly is too close to Xmas for me. I remember doing a post-Insomnia giveaway with a Thanksgiving theme, playing off the sleep-inducing effects of tryptophan, which turkey is mythically rich in.

About the only good thing of the timing of Fall Insomnia was that it overlapped with some holiday leave for me, so that I could devote myself more fully to it. :)
360 left
Niggles: When is a potential Insomnia promo likely to happen?
IAmSinistar: Last time it was in mid-November. So probably the same again this year, which frankly is too close to Xmas for me. I remember doing a post-Insomnia giveaway with a Thanksgiving theme, playing off the sleep-inducing effects of tryptophan, which turkey is mythically rich in.

About the only good thing of the timing of Fall Insomnia was that it overlapped with some holiday leave for me, so that I could devote myself more fully to it. :)
Yeah the timing will be a bummer. Having said that, wasnt it launched on a friday/weekend last time?.
BillyMaysFan59: 360 left
Who bought more than 30 copies?

Niggles: Yeah the timing will be a bummer. Having said that, wasnt it launched on a friday/weekend last time?.
Niggles you are hilarious some times - the OP clearly states Nov 13, 2013, that was a Wednesday according to the calendar.
Weekends are slow on the Internet, you need a weekday to spread the word and get the most visits possible on the first day.