It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
nijuu: Isnt that know as a Trendy?
jamyskis: No, someone who likes something that is trendy is a mainstreamer. A hipster is someone who makes a concerted effort to like something different to the mainstream for the simple purpose of trying to look sophisticated and intellectual when in fact they are the complete opposite.
Yep. So a hipster can't enjoy popular things even if he'd actually want to. If something that the hipster likes becomes popular the hipster immediately loses all interest in the said thing and starts to loath it. :D
low energy
nightrunner227: I'm going to sleep for 4 hours. Would someone being willing to pick up an extra King of Dragon Pass and/or Jade Empire SE if they pop up? I'll pay you back.
I have an extra Jade Empire for trade. If you do end up missing stuff, post your wants in classifieds... I serioiusly doubt your wants will ever be fullfilled (since I have yet to get a single offer, cry).
sergeant_citrus: Same here. Let's not get started on the bad voice acting or the predictable characters (oh, the un-likeable grumpy guy is secretly a villain? I'm SHOCKED!). The Baldur's Gate games just had a better sense of place and more interesting story.

I will give NWN's original campaign some credit for having some interesting side quests, though. The judgement with the town that was stuck in time and the "snow-globe" sort of thing were both pretty memorable.
YaTEdiGo: The NWN original campaign, is "boring" because how is done, not because the story is bad. In fact I found the story pretty interesting, is the gameplay path on the game what is really repetitive and frustrating sometimes. Anyway is not as "bad" as many we say, is just that we all came in that moment from BGs, Planescape Torment, Fallouts, etc... and in comparison... was pretty bad.
I actually find BG to be boring. It has old DnD rules than only slows the game, and playing with bigger number of party members is just boring when you have to pause to control them. Story also wasn't that interesting, I liked NWN more. The most I have done in BG2 was finished 1st city and that only because my friend was telling me how great this game was and I wanted to see when that "great" kicks in.

For instance, I loved the story in Dragon Age, but also because of the slow fighting with pauses found myself quiting the game, while I more liked combat in DA2
Boobies...This should be over quick.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by Lionel212008
nijuu: How does TR 1 v 2 v 3 play?

No
Chandoraa: Phew! I'll stay on the prowl for the next change, then. PROTIP: There's only one way of missing a change that's more awkward than not looking at the screen while it happens: having your finger ready since 20 copies left, then suddenly twitching and clicking when there are 2 left, ruining all your chances of updating the page before it clears.
30,000th post get!
From all the forum chit-chat TR1+2+3 is moving as fast as an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping!
CorranHorn: I think it´s playable, TR uses an auto locking mechanism that works pretty good, the main focus of the game is exploration not the action=).
EX-Deimon: I remember TR II being very action based compared to TR1 and III. I would mainly be buying this set for TR II. I loved the Venice level and barkhang monastery
I would say all the games in this collection are playable without a controller, it´s worth getting on PC and if you´re unsure get it as a gift and read some reviews, I´m sure there are people who wants this one but didn´t get to buy it=).
Post edited November 18, 2013 by CorranHorn
Buenro-games: low energy
Drink a few cans of redbull or V :D
I can't say I've ever heard of King of Dragon Pass before this sale but it looks very interesting. Will pick it up if I'm awake when it comes around. Does anyone have a time machine so I have time to actually play all these games?
clcaztx: Anyone miss Alpha Centari?
I did, was planning to get it, but went to bed.
Chandoraa: Phew! I'll stay on the prowl for the next change, then. PROTIP: There's only one way of missing a change that's more awkward than not looking at the screen while it happens: having your finger ready since 20 copies left, then suddenly twitching and clicking when there are 2 left, ruining all your chances of updating the page before it clears.
POST #30k !!!
ReynardFox: 30,000th post get!
nvm, I see what you were doing now.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by jamyskis
LOL 1501'th page rofl
YaTEdiGo: The NWN original campaign, is "boring" because how is done, not because the story is bad. In fact I found the story pretty interesting, is the gameplay path on the game what is really repetitive and frustrating sometimes. Anyway is not as "bad" as many we say, is just that we all came in that moment from BGs, Planescape Torment, Fallouts, etc... and in comparison... was pretty bad.
astraldemon: I actually find BG to be boring. It has old DnD rules than only slows the game, and playing with bigger number of party members is just boring when you have to pause to control them. Story also wasn't that interesting, I liked NWN more. The most I have done in BG2 was finished 1st city and that only because my friend was telling me how great this game was and I wanted to see when that "great" kicks in.

For instance, I loved the story in Dragon Age, but also because of the slow fighting with pauses found myself quiting the game, while I more liked combat in DA2
The OC is crap for NWN. I think the expansions are pretty good but nothing great. The brilliance of this game lies in the massive amount of fan created modules and the persistent worlds. I think there is no other game like this in that regard.