It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Roll for initiative, take attacks of opportunity, manage player location and the verticality of the battlefield in this engaging turn-based tactical RPG. Solasta: Crown of the Magister has just left the development stage and is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will last until 2nd June 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
TZODnmr2k5: Hey, is the mass effect legendary edition infected with denuvo?
Yah.
Swedrami: The two supporter pack extras that were supposed to be available alongside the launch build ("4x Special Dice" and "3x Dice with special FX") are in fact not available (yet).

Also, are we getting the short end of the stick again with the soundtrack available for purchase elsewhere but not here?
There's a soundtrack available on Steam, and other services, but not here on GOG. It's not considered a DLC or anything on Steam. It's a soundtrack that can be bought completely seperate without even owning the game. It could be it's the composer / label that is deciding where it can be sold or not.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1631840/Solasta_Crown_of_the_Magister__Original_Soundtrack/

https://idol.lnk.to/SolastaCrownOfTheMagister
TZODnmr2k5: Hey, is the mass effect legendary edition infected with denuvo?
StingingVelvet: Yah.
Damn, thanks for the info, looks like I'll wait until I can get an "unofficial offline backup" after I buy the game... denuvo has done nothing but seriously inconvenience the gamers themselves instead of deterring piracy!

Were it not for the random mandatory online re-authentication checks I would have no real problem with it, as it stands I was locked out of 6 of my games for nearly a month due to moving to a brand new apt building...
TZODnmr2k5: Damn, thanks for the info, looks like I'll wait until I can get an "unofficial offline backup" after I buy the game... denuvo has done nothing but seriously inconvenience the gamers themselves instead of deterring piracy!
Denuvo doesn't always have online checks, but I can't say whether ME does. EA have removed it eventually from some games, hopefully they remove it from this one eventually.
This game looks like something I will really enjoy, I'm going to play it first on Game Pass anyway and then buy it later if I think it has staying power for more than just a single play through.
Niggles: Anyone been playing it ?. Good bad?. pro cons?.i dont expect anything totally amazing, as long as its a solid game, passable campaign etc
Solid game. Story might be a bit shallow and interactions with NPCs and scenario elements are quite limited but the world and its lore are well designed and enjoyable. Combat has more tactical depth than most RPGs, sort of blend of xcom with d&d ruleset. Character esthetics and customisation are, on the other hand, somewhat limited (you can't even play a bald character)
I like a lot the UI design. Intuitive, complete and easy to use. And Solasta includes a dungeon editor (still lacking some functionalities but can bring great potential to the game)

Verdict: Great turn based combat, acceptable on other aspects. Buy it if you liked games like Fallout Tactics, Icewind Dale or Temple of Elemental Evil.
Post edited May 28, 2021 by Lone_Scout
From what I’ve seen on the streams, the game is good. Not everyone will like the UI though. It reminds me of Windows 8 tiles. Probably you can get used to them, but they lack fantasy atmosphere.
Post edited May 28, 2021 by Sarafan
TZODnmr2k5: Damn, thanks for the info, looks like I'll wait until I can get an "unofficial offline backup" after I buy the game... denuvo has done nothing but seriously inconvenience the gamers themselves instead of deterring piracy!
StingingVelvet: Denuvo doesn't always have online checks, but I can't say whether ME does. EA have removed it eventually from some games, hopefully they remove it from this one eventually.
Yeah, one can hope, I'll definitely be getting this regardless as going back to the originals now is kind of hard as those original textures are hard to look at! xD
Interesting release. Sort of like XCOM I guess.
I have finished it, it was great. After a certain fight I laughed at anything else I encountered. *swipes sweat from head. My review for the game is in the in dev. section here but it remains the same; it's a really fun 'indie' RPG.
Niggles: Anyone been playing it ?. Good bad?. pro cons?.i dont expect anything totally amazing, as long as its a solid game, passable campaign etc
Lone_Scout: Solid game. Story might be a bit shallow and interactions with NPCs and scenario elements are quite limited but the world and its lore are well designed and enjoyable. Combat has more tactical depth than most RPGs, sort of blend of xcom with d&d ruleset. Character esthetics and customisation are, on the other hand, somewhat limited (you can't even play a bald character)
I like a lot the UI design. Intuitive, complete and easy to use. And Solasta includes a dungeon editor (still lacking some functionalities but can bring great potential to the game)

Verdict: Great turn based combat, acceptable on other aspects. Buy it if you liked games like Fallout Tactics, Icewind Dale or Temple of Elemental Evil.
Cheers for that. ToEE and IWD were great and if this in similar mould. Im in :)
David9855: I have finished it, it was great. After a certain fight I laughed at anything else I encountered. *swipes sweat from head. My review for the game is in the in dev. section here but it remains the same; it's a really fun 'indie' RPG.
How much game time did you get out of it?
Post edited June 01, 2021 by Niggles
Lone_Scout: Solid game. Story might be a bit shallow and interactions with NPCs and scenario elements are quite limited but the world and its lore are well designed and enjoyable. Combat has more tactical depth than most RPGs, sort of blend of xcom with d&d ruleset. Character esthetics and customisation are, on the other hand, somewhat limited (you can't even play a bald character)

Niggles: Cheers for that. ToEE and IWD were great and if this in similar mould. Im in :)
David9855: I have finished it, it was great. After a certain fight I laughed at anything else I encountered. *swipes sweat from head. My review for the game is in the in dev. section here but it remains the same; it's a really fun 'indie' RPG.
Niggles: How much game time did you get out of it?
At least 30+-40 hours but I'm familiar with the D&D system and had played the in dev. beta so there was known direction to my game. Plenty of new combinations to try in another game down the road. My party was;

Death Cleric (Oblivion)
Paladin (Oath Of The Motherland)
Fighter (Champion)
Wizard (Shock Arcanist)
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/149-dev-stream-multiplayer-beta-weekend-lost-valley-dlc-announced

"Lost Valley DLC available on April 14th

Available on April 14th, the Lost Valley DLC is a brand new level 1 to 12 campaign that will take your party into the lands of the Dominion. This remote place long forgotten by all is ruled with an iron fist by the tyrant Orenetis, but the arrival of your adventurers will light a fuse under this political powder keg.

This adventure features:

- A replayable non linear story, as you are the one deciding which faction to side with in order to escape the Valley
- New foes to face, with iconic monsters such as Giants, Hags and Golems who will try to turn your party into mush
- New subclasses, one for each of the nine existing classes in Solasta
- Play Lost Valley co-op with up to 4 players when it comes out, as all official campaigns are co-op compatible!

9 New Subclasses:

- The Commander, Fighters who can bolster their allies both offensively and defensively in the middle of combat.
- The Hoodlum, Rogues who rely on intimidation and brute force to get what they want.
- The Oath of Judgment, held by Paladins who seek to purge corruption and deliver justice wherever they go.
- The Mischief Domain, granted to Clerics of Misaye who always seem blessed with good luck.
- The Court Mage, elite Wizards who are masters at protecting others with their arcane powers.
- The Swift Blade, silent and deadly Rangers whose purpose is to assassinate high priority targets.
- The Haunted Soul, Sorcerers with symbiotic relationships to malevolent spirits, granting them horrifying magic.
- The Path of Claw (Primal Calling DLC required), Barbarians with powerful dragon-like abilities.
- The Circle of Balance (Primal Calling DLC required), Druids who are adept at both granting life and taking it away.

New Dungeon Maker content:

- Four new environments: Jungle (outdoor), Swamp (outdoor), Valley Palace (indoor), Valley City (outdoor)
- New monsters: Monsters from Lost Valley will be available to use in the Dungeon Maker
- [FREE] New Quest System: Add quests to your Custom Adventures to give players specific objectives and reward them with experience and items!
- [FREE] New Dialog System: Give your Custom Adventures more charm and lore by adding multi-choice dialogs with NPCs!
- [FREE] New Custom Loot Table System: Create your own loot tables for chests and monsters to control what the players get!"
Will this even be coming to GOG?
drdouchebag: Will this even be coming to GOG?
Don't know why it shouldn't?
Previous post-release additional content was available here day 1, too.
Post edited March 16, 2022 by Swedrami