It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Checked out this game, yep definitely catches my interest. The developer's attitude though? Exactly the kind of people I don't support.
Probably better to drop your money on Gothic Elminage or Strangers of Sword City. The J-Crawlers have been much more lively than their western relatives.
htown1980: I personally don't think the comments are that bad. If someone can't handle being told to slow down and concentrate, then that person's got other problems to worry about I reckon.
groze: Calling a streamer (or anyone else, for that matter) a "kid with bipolar disorders" is not just telling someone to slow down and concentrate, in my book. Plus, Piranjade didn't even mention the reaction of the streamer themselves; they might have just dismissed the messages, for all we know. Maybe the streamer *did* handle being told to slow down and concentrate. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't handle being told they are kids with a bipolar disorder, however. Or that this is a "thinking man's game", which implies the streamer is dumb and not a proper "thinking person", thus making the game one of those elitist titles that just some "enlightened few" can truly appreciate and enjoy. All of this is kind of rude and offensive, to me, honestly.

I don't know if that account is Cleve's, or not, but either way they behaved like a self-entitled elitist douche and, yes, they were downright offensive, those messages aren't just trying to convey "cool down and focus", they are telling someone that they are childish, have mental disabilities and are not "worthy" of this "superior" game.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by Piranjade. I figured the streamer would have been mostly cool about the messages.
Well he didnt call the streamer a kid with bipolar disorders, he said the game wasn't for kids with bipolar disorders. Even if he did call him that, its not a big deal.

I think people are far too easily offended these days, and that's coming from an SJW like me.

As others have said above, there are plenty of other more valid reasons to not like Cleve.
Edit: I've gotta say though, I've been watching a guy called "The Weary Adventurer" doing a lets play of it on youtube. He's about 3 or 4 hours in and seems to be enjoying it. It also looks like it is a relatively well put together game, and quite a feat for a single person to put together, particularly one with the kind of issues Cleve obviously has.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the game because the dev is a massive douche, it looks like a massive chore to play and it looks like a massive time sink.

But I am interested in the opinions of those who are playing and enjoying the game, and there do seem to be some people who fit within that category.
The thing is that you can literally get the same basic gameplay experience playing wizardry, but minus the plethora of bugs, issues, asshole dev/supporters, and poor documentation. I installed all 3 this weekend to see if they all work on my pc, and even created a party in Wiz 8. I plan on starting with 6.

One thing that I find interesting is how forgiving people are of the bugs. In addition to that, this game requires you to uninstall and reinstall the game to get patches on steam. For some reason, the game doesn't work with the steam patcher.
qwixter: The thing is that you can literally get the same basic gameplay experience playing wizardry, but minus the plethora of bugs, issues, asshole dev/supporters, and poor documentation. I installed all 3 this weekend to see if they all work on my pc, and even created a party in Wiz 8. I plan on starting with 6.

One thing that I find interesting is how forgiving people are of the bugs. In addition to that, this game requires you to uninstall and reinstall the game to get patches on steam. For some reason, the game doesn't work with the steam patcher.
I've never played the Wizardy games. Would you recommend 6 as the best one to start with?

I tried to get into Eye of the Beholder but couldn't. Should I try again?

Help?
qwixter: The thing is that you can literally get the same basic gameplay experience playing wizardry, but minus the plethora of bugs, issues, asshole dev/supporters, and poor documentation. I installed all 3 this weekend to see if they all work on my pc, and even created a party in Wiz 8. I plan on starting with 6.

htown1980: I've never played the Wizardy games. Would you recommend 6 as the best one to start with?

Help?
What kind of tolerance for old control schemes & VGA at best graphics do you have?
Game is pretty good so far. I have too much common sense to listen to the "emotional" non-reasons for not trying the game it is worth it really enjoying it.

Also Cleve is a funny character if he makes someone upset that is their fault.
karnak1: One thing is certain:
even if one doesn't like his game he has made history, by breaking the record of the longest in-development game ever :P

(at least AFAIK - I always thought the previous record was set by Duke Nukem Forever)
It hasn't been in development for two decades. The game was essentially completely about 20 years ago. I know; I have a preview build just before Cleve withdrew it yet again. It had some bugs, but was exactly what's available now.
htown1980: I've never played the Wizardy games. Would you recommend 6 as the best one to start with?

Help?
morrowslant: What kind of tolerance for old control schemes & VGA at best graphics do you have?
Most of my gaming is from old games so I think my tolerance for old control schemes is quite high.

I love VGA graphics but really struggle with EGA graphics. I think 1992 to 1994 was probably the best period for graphics in video games :)
getrdy: I can't tell if you're mocking me or are being serious. Is this a gog in-joke?
OneFiercePuppy: Nope, not a joke. Cleve is Fucking Insane, and deserves those caps.

He claims to be a Neanderthal. He claims to have a skeleton made of titanium. He claims to be a genius (believe the magic number he throws around is that his IQ is 183). He claims to be a rodeo clown. He claims to be stronger and faster than any man alive.

He is a white supremacist, as shown by the posts on his pitiable blog, as well as forum posts for 20+ years; a doomsday prepper who has dug a "survival bunker" (a little hole in the ground) and eagerly awaits the end of the world because he wants the human race to be cleansed. There are very few stories you could make up about Cleve that would be worse or stranger than the truth.
I got a beautiful bridge nearby my house that needs a new owner. I can sell it to you cheap.
Dexter111: The fuck, when did GoG get overrun by a bunch of moralizing fags?

I thought people on here liked "old school" games, wtf is up with some of the retarded bullshit I'm reading here?
Translation: Hi, I'm a loser who (a) thinks people should only care about the things that I care about, (b) thinks that it's a cool to use a homosexual slur to try insult people, (c) loves a good false dichotomy.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion Dexter111, its much appreciated.
low rated
htown1980: Well he didnt call the streamer a kid with bipolar disorders, he said the game wasn't for kids with bipolar disorders. Even if he did call him that, its not a big deal.
Actually, I would say it *is* a big deal, as it is insulting to those who actually *have* bipolar disorder, some of whom might otherwise be interested in playing the game. Just think about what effect those words have on such people.

(Also, you missed an apostrophe; the third word of what I quoted should be "didn't".)
htown1980: Well he didnt call the streamer a kid with bipolar disorders, he said the game wasn't for kids with bipolar disorders. Even if he did call him that, its not a big deal.
dtgreene: Actually, I would say it *is* a big deal, as it is insulting to those who actually *have* bipolar disorder, some of whom might otherwise be interested in playing the game. Just think about what effect those words have on such people.

(Also, you missed an apostrophe; the third word of what I quoted should be "didn't".)
I would say that he subset of people likely to be insulted by that comment to would be people who had been diagnosed as bipolar or who had self diagnosed themselves as being bipolar, who were watching that particular stream and who were thin skinned enough to be insulted by it. To have an impact on their decision to purchase the game you would have to add that they believe the poster was the dev. I don't think that's a large group of people and I don't think the dev would care given that he appears to consider that he didnt design the game for those people.

But then again I'm not super into this whole "outrage on behalf of other people" thing that everyone seems to be into. And I already think extremely lowly of Cleve so that comment doesn't really change that.

(Thanks, i didnt miss the apostrophe, I just chose not to use it. I do that sometimes).
dtgreene: Actually, I would say it *is* a big deal, as it is insulting to those who actually *have* bipolar disorder, some of whom might otherwise be interested in playing the game. Just think about what effect those words have on such people.
They... won't buy and play the game they are unlikely to enjoy? Really, I fail to see the problem here (except Cleve probably meant ADHD). Bullet Hells are not for people with photosensitive epilepsy, a lot of writing and wordplay is not for people who can't speak the language, many RPGs are not for those who work two jobs, and finally, a whole fucking lot of games exclude the poor.

Accessibility, like subs or screen reader hooks, is always nice, but at some point the developer is perfectly within their right to stop and say, that's it, that's my game, I'm not making this other game you want me to make. I won't allow to undo nonlethal actions, I won't insert romance, and I won't cut the puzzle that requires Dijkstra's pathfinding algorithm.

Also: it's Twitch. Normal people (ADHD or no ADHD) who have trouble with puzzles can jolly well look them up online. Streaming on Twitch is a position of privilege.