It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Oh, man. I have been missing out on some fantastic times. Why did nobody tell me about this thread?
Are you guys actually sure this dude isn't the real deal and not just some troll leading you all around? I mean....the country location DOES say Australia...
Cleve's resided in Australia since he worked on Stones of Arnhem -- the game that would-have-been-the-original-Wizardry 8.

Speaking of that -- Cleve, I always wanted to ask you something about that game: In those ebay screenshots of the graph paper designs, it depicted 45-degree angle walls in many of the dungeons and cities, a feature which I've never seen in an oldschool blobber before (heck I don't even know of any modern blobbers that do this). Were Arnhem's graphics done in a 3D polygonal engine, or was it still a fully 2D-drawn game where the artists and coders had to coordinate some extra trickery to get it the "puzzle pieces" of the environment art to look right together?
Lo and behold! I come to this thread out of curiosity and here I find the Last of the Neanderthals, bashing everyone who doesn't believe a Golden Baby can fly.

I wonder if this is the real Cleve Blakemore or just another Sapiens/Melonhead pretending to be him :)
zeogold: Oh, man. I have been missing out on some fantastic times. Why did nobody tell me about this thread?
You don't even know what you don't know. There's a thread on RPGCodex named "Why did SirTech go bankrupt?" which you might want to check out (you'll need an account there that is one year old to view it - believe me, it's worth it!). Cleve is still a regular poster in the comment section of Brenda Romero's failed Kickstarter.

Then there's Cleve's first-hand account of the LA riots, which I humbly consider to be the greatest thing ever put on paper.
high rated
Are you guys actually sure this dude isn't the real deal and not just some troll leading you all around? I mean....the country location DOES say Australia...
solzariv: Cleve's resided in Australia since he worked on Stones of Arnhem -- the game that would-have-been-the-original-Wizardry 8.

Speaking of that -- Cleve, I always wanted to ask you something about that game: In those ebay screenshots of the graph paper designs, it depicted 45-degree angle walls in many of the dungeons and cities, a feature which I've never seen in an oldschool blobber before (heck I don't even know of any modern blobbers that do this). Were Arnhem's graphics done in a 3D polygonal engine, or was it still a fully 2D-drawn game where the artists and coders had to coordinate some extra trickery to get it the "puzzle pieces" of the environment art to look right together?
If you only knew the madness of the 8-way engine and the extraordinary amount of uber-hackery needed to even make it work to combine it with a step blobber turn-based roleplaying game. It was a combination polygon raycasting Build-style nightmare that brought me to the brink of gibbering weeping insanity.

All because non-game-designer types said "Hey, if 4 directions is good, 8 direction is even more better! Make it so intellamajent peeples!" So we did. The greatest folly in the history of computer roleplaying games. Grimoire is totally different and based on our opinions of what the ultimate step engine would look like. Their ideas about design were straight from Colonel Kurtz in APOCALYPSE NOW. Total madness.
Grimoire was just Greenlit. Congrats to Cleve and hopefully this is the first step to Steam release and then updated GoG version.
May 29th. The prophesy is finally coming to fruition....

...right?
I wish more than anyone that Grimoire was real, turn-based "blobbers" are my favorite type of RPG and I'd love to play Grimoire. But honestly Cleve, you have been saying "ONLY 5-MICRO BUGS TO GO" for YEARS now, if you miss this May 29th release date, you are done, you will have proven yourself to be a con.
According to the Indiegogo campaign page "Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed." Does this mean there won't be any Grimoire on GOG.com?
silverj: According to the Indiegogo campaign page "Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed." Does this mean there won't be any Grimoire on GOG.com?
No. Cleve has already stated that the game will arrive on GOG some time after the steam release.
silverj:
He probably meant physical copies.
Cleve keeps mentioning 'Pat Ryan' as a war hero of Afghanistan. Does he mean Pat Tillman? Of course it is possible that someone named Pat Ryan was also responsible for war heroics over there but I have never heard of him. If he did mean Pat Tillman then he is going to be quite upset that the legendary Arizona Cardinals linebacker was an avowed atheist...
Post edited May 13, 2017 by SkeleTony
SkeleTony: Cleve keeps mentioning 'Pat Ryan' as a war hero of Afghanistan. Does he mean Pat Tillman? Of course it is possible that someone named Pat Ryan was also responsible for war heroics over there but I have never heard of him. If he did mean Pat Tillman then he is going to be quite upset that the legendary Arizona Cardinals linebacker was an avowed atheist...
Cleve hears nothing. Reality forms itself in response to his words. It is his will that sets the songbirds to singing, and he knows the beauty of their song entirely. Knowing, he therefore does not need to listen, and instead forms another marvel from his will and this pliable universe.
May 29th is long gone.. and I think Cleve just spent $100 on Greenlight to make his joke survive for few more days. Those who believe it will ever be released should go see a doctor.
SpikyGOG: May 29th is long gone.. and I think Cleve just spent $100 on Greenlight to make his joke survive for few more days. Those who believe it will ever be released should go see a doctor.
It may have been a joke once, but from the first time it went to crowdfunding it became a lucrative scam.

With Greenlight Cleve saw a chance to fleece a whole new set of victims of their hard-earned money. For that reason I'm convinced he will put something up for sale as Early Access, even though he knows full well it will never be a finished game. He's gone from being an attention-seeker to a fully-fledged swindler, and he can't resist the lure of ripping more people off on a larger scale than ever before.
So has the Hell frozen over yet? I heard it will happen first before Grimoire is released.