It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You all know that GOG has an excellent chat system that you can use for your personal arguments and battles???

Let's talk about Grimoire instead: Anyone surprised that it didn't show up on Greenlight yesterday?
PaterAlf: Let's talk about Grimoire instead: Anyone surprised that it didn't show up on Greenlight yesterday?
AH, HA HA HAA. <cough>

Sorry. Just a conditioned reflex at this point.
[url=I think at this point pretty much the only people who can be surprised that Grimoire isn't out/is delayed/is going back through more bugfixing are the people who have only quite recently heard about it.][/url]
Only 10 "micro-issues" remaining. :P
OneFiercePuppy: AH, HA HA HAA. <cough>

Sorry. Just a conditioned reflex at this point.
[url=I think at this point pretty much the only people who can be surprised that Grimoire isn't out/is delayed/is going back through more bugfixing are the people who have only quite recently heard about it.][/url]
No problem. Even if I still hope that we will see the complete game one day in the future, I wasn't surprised as well.

I just wonder why he's still announcing stuff. He should know that there's nobody left who really believes he will deliever. Would be better for him to keep silent and do a surprise release when the work is really done.
PaterAlf: I just wonder why he's still announcing stuff.
Because he's been having success doing this for years. Why would you stop doing something when it works and gives you what you want? He gets some money, and a not-insignificant amount of attention. And let's face it, when you drama queen as much as Cleve does (world's only living neanderthal? Skeleton of...what was it? Titanium?) the attention is worth even more than the money.
PaterAlf: I just wonder why he's still announcing stuff.
OneFiercePuppy: Because he's been having success doing this for years. Why would you stop doing something when it works and gives you what you want? He gets some money, and a not-insignificant amount of attention. And let's face it, when you drama queen as much as Cleve does (world's only living neanderthal? Skeleton of...what was it? Titanium?) the attention is worth even more than the money.
Living fossil and you nailed it. He loves every minute of it, the more drama the better. He is very funny at times, I'll give him that.

He may deliver the goods yet. I hope he does because I'd like to play it. I would expect to find plenty of humor within Grimoire if he'd just finish the damned thing.

I just realized, I think you were right about him being the only living Thal although he has referred to himself as a living fossil as well, not to mention a rodeo clown.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by dirtyharry50
So whats the update with this? Wasnt there supposed to be a so called final indiegogo thingie for this?
Niggles: So whats the update with this? Wasnt there supposed to be a so called final indiegogo thingie for this?
Well, there isn't one really other than the latest things being he's now adding new NPCs and their animations to "ancient placeholders" and he's been promising that the game will appear on Steam Greenlight every Friday for some time now but it never does.

If something noteworthy happens or even if something kinda funny or whatnot, I'll post it here. I think I've been dropping a little update roughly once a month for a while now. I wish I could report some hint of the game actually releasing but there just isn't any yet.

He did say at one point when it goes up on Greenlight that pledges would have access to download the full game in whatever state it is in at the time. However, a promise from Cleve may not always be kept. So, we shall see.
This just in...

"I am down to roughly 7 issues that have emerged mainly from searching for notes in the code commented as "//*TODO" and "//*FIX". As far as I can tell I have not been able to produce an in-game exception from doing anything.

The goal is to submit to Steam Greenlight as soon as all final graphics are in, including this poster. Placeholders for monsters in some places are being replaced with super high quality graphics and the animated magic and spell effects are also being finished off. Game is looking pretty good considering only one person has been working on it the past three years.

All pledges will receive instant early access to the complete version of the game in Steam Greenlight when it becomes available. I completed a full walkthrough last month and only encountered one exception crash generated by an in-game assert which I fixed on the spot."

And so the work continues as do the promises. Are they empty promises? Is there truth to this latest story? Stay tuned for all the Grimoire news you can use and them some right here on the GOG Grimoire thread.
Any update? Been 3 months or so.. or has the game finally died?
Grimoire will never die. Grimoire, just like Cleve, is eternal.
tomimt: Grimoire will never die. Grimoire, just like Cleve, is eternal.
That is not dead which can eternal troll,
But with strange aeons, even Cleve grows old.
Niggles: Any update? Been 3 months or so.. or has the game finally died?
Yeah. It's not happening.

Cleve is like a strange sort of circus sideshow, like the bearded lady or something. People like to read his rants and comment on them, give him shit, etc. and it is at times still entertaining but that is all the entertainment Cleve will ever be good for. He won't be releasing a finished game.
I can't find the rpgcodex thread on it anymore, which, if anything, is a good thing. That clown car was just distracting to him. The man is a childlike beast that needs focus to stay on task.
ShadowWulfe: I can't find the rpgcodex thread on it anymore, which, if anything, is a good thing. That clown car was just distracting to him. The man is a childlike beast that needs focus to stay on task.
You'll find the thread in Prosperland with a new title about anti-vaxxers. It's the same old tired shit pretty much. Cleve's latest line is he is doing a contract job for the next million years that entails a 16 hour daily commute - his words, not mine.

I don't think the guy is capable of finishing a large game. He doesn't have the organizational skills for the job. I think he never had the ability to design something doable either because if he had it would have been completed by now. If Cleve was capable of getting along with other people in a work environment he would have benefited greatly from a project manager to ride his ass for deliverables on a schedule but of course you don't get that in one man indie land.