It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ShadowWulfe: There has to be a GOG release in the works? Right??? (or at least once he submits something, or someone has to remind him that GOG exists)
PaterAlf: This was posted on the Grimoire blog in june:

"We’ve been discussing which platform is best for initial publication. GOG is winning so far."

So I guess a GOG release is possible. :)

http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/69/
Thanks for finding that! That was precisely the one I was referring to.

GOG could have this game out before it's even greenlit. And I don't want to see any "Vote for Grimoire on GOG!" threads because it's been rejected on the grounds of "not being for our target demographics" or something along those lines.
PaterAlf:
Thanks for the info! Awesome to know that they seem to have been pursuing official channels at this point. Hopefully with the insanity surrounding the copyright garbage Cleve is finally satisfied enough with what he has to roll it out in the next few months.
PaterAlf: This was posted on the Grimoire blog in june:

"We’ve been discussing which platform is best for initial publication. GOG is winning so far."

So I guess a GOG release is possible. :)

http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/69/
fronzelneekburm: Thanks for finding that! That was precisely the one I was referring to.

GOG could have this game out before it's even greenlit. And I don't want to see any "Vote for Grimoire on GOG!" threads because it's been rejected on the grounds of "not being for our target demographics" or something along those lines.
I seriously hope GOG will not be that stupid..
You'll notice they're not "bugs", they're "issues". And once the issues are finally resolved? Then, yes, that's right... finally... after so many years...

The third round of testing can start.

No ETA on how long that will take, though.
yogsloth: You'll notice they're not "bugs", they're "issues". And once the issues are finally resolved? Then, yes, that's right... finally... after so many years...

Yeah, what a cop-out. Why let Sirotek win this round? Just release it already, nowadays you can patch that shit post-release. Let the players do the beta testing for you. That's how things are done now.

EDIT: Cleve mentioned GOG again in a recent post.
Either I will try to get it on Steam or GOG for distribution, I don't know which yet.
@Judas and the GOG crew: Time to start courting Cleve for a GOG release. Steam-exclusive Grimoire must not happen!
Post edited October 03, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: @Judas and the GOG crew: Time to start courting Cleve for a GOG release. Steam-exclusive Grimoire must not happen!
Yes, please. I'd like to see it here even if it's just for the development history of the game. It's already a good old game. :P
NEWSFLASH!!! From this morning's email...

Here’s an update for you from the ‘Grimoire Forever’ team:

1 new Announcement:

Down to 9 issues remaining to be resolved before I issue a new demo at the same time the third campaign runs. This campaign will run for one month to let anybody who wants to still get a manual and a hint guide. No physical perks inside the game will be sold in this campaign.

Been talking to GOG and Steam about digital distribution. Likely everybody who pledged will be the first people to get access to the digital copy of the game with the physical materials shipping afterwards.

Please keep in mind that all newsflashes, announcements, promises, ship dates, plans, musings, legal proceedings, trademarks and well, basically anything to do with this game are subject to change or revision at anytime. Cleve cannot be held responsible for the expectations of mere sapiens.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by dirtyharry50
yogsloth: You'll notice they're not "bugs", they're "issues". And once the issues are finally resolved? Then, yes, that's right... finally... after so many years...

fronzelneekburm: Yeah, what a cop-out. Why let Sirotek win this round? Just release it already, nowadays you can patch that shit post-release. Let the players do the beta testing for you. That's how things are done now.

Either I will try to get it on Steam or GOG for distribution, I don't know which yet.
fronzelneekburm: @Judas and the GOG crew: Time to start courting Cleve for a GOG release. Steam-exclusive Grimoire must not happen!
It's just like the thing Cleve was talking about :P
Uh... so Cleve is going to crowd fund his already crowd-funded game that he's been working on for nearly two decades?

*crickets*
fronzelneekburm: Yeah, what a cop-out. Why let Sirotek win this round? Just release it already, nowadays you can patch that shit post-release. Let the players do the beta testing for you. That's how things are done now.

@Judas and the GOG crew: Time to start courting Cleve for a GOG release. Steam-exclusive Grimoire must not happen!
JudasIscariot: It's just like the thing Cleve was talking about :P
Oh, yes. I know that as one of Cleve's lowly pledges who paid for this a very long time ago I do not get any news until well after it has been revealed to the codex crowd, most of whom have not contributed. I suppose this is Cleve's way of recognizing their superior intelligence in choosing to save their money. Just the same I figured I'd put it up here for anyone who doesn't follow the epic thread to end all threads.
sunshinecorp: Uh... so Cleve is going to crowd fund his already crowd-funded game that he's been working on for nearly two decades?

*crickets*
You might want to wait until the Ultrademo is released and all the bugs from that are down to 9 left to go with an Uberdemo coming up and yet another campaign before committing to the cause.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by dirtyharry50
JudasIscariot: It's just like the thing Cleve was talking about :P
dirtyharry50: Oh, yes. I know that as one of Cleve's lowly pledges who paid for this a very long time ago I do not get any news until well after it has been revealed to the codex crowd, most of whom have not contributed. I suppose this is Cleve's way of recognizing their superior intelligence in choosing to save their money. Just the same I figured I'd put it up here for anyone who doesn't follow the epic thread to end all threads.
sunshinecorp: Uh... so Cleve is going to crowd fund his already crowd-funded game that he's been working on for nearly two decades?

*crickets*
dirtyharry50: You might want to wait until the Ultrademo is released and all the bugs from that are down to 9 left to go with an Uberdemo coming up and yet another campaign before committing to the cause.
Somehow I'm sure it's not even going to end with an uberdemo or an ultramegademo after that. :D
dirtyharry50: Oh, yes. I know that as one of Cleve's lowly pledges who paid for this a very long time ago I do not get any news until well after it has been revealed to the codex crowd, most of whom have not contributed. I suppose this is Cleve's way of recognizing their superior intelligence in choosing to save their money. Just the same I figured I'd put it up here for anyone who doesn't follow the epic thread to end all threads.

You might want to wait until the Ultrademo is released and all the bugs from that are down to 9 left to go with an Uberdemo coming up and yet another campaign before committing to the cause.
sunshinecorp: Somehow I'm sure it's not even going to end with an uberdemo or an ultramegademo after that. :D
Well, one thing is for sure. It's been an entertaining ride so far and it should continue to be so indefinitely. I like to think we will see the game release eventually. I just hope I am still living with 600 hours to spare when it does release.
Exciting campaign update this morning: an email with a new splash screen and zero text.
I forget now but does anybody know if Grimoire is supposed to release in May again next year?
So what exactly is supposed to happen soon?. final campaign for funds?