It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: Looks like Omniwhoevs got denied exclusive rights to the name Grimoire.
Link?
fronzelneekburm: Looks like Omniwhoevs got denied exclusive rights to the name Grimoire.
yogsloth: Link?
Click here for massive incline!
fronzelneekburm:
Well, hopefully it's the first step to a peaceful resolution to this nonsense.
Maybe the two parties can shake hands, both agree that they are pleasantly insane, and get on with the production festivities.
Well, now with Omniwhoever out of the way, I guess it is just the small matter of attempting to succeed at registering the same trademark they could not. Perhaps Cleve's Grimoire will just have to go through life without a trademark. Unless, could the mighty Square Enix with their army of lawyers take on Cleve with his iMac funds in an epic legal battle lasting for however many hours of legal time Cleve can buy with two grand? One thing is for sure, the drama isn't over yet! Maybe.

Just as a point of reference, my divorce cost me twenty grand.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by dirtyharry50
yogsloth: Link?
fronzelneekburm: Click here for massive incline!
[popcorn eating intensifies]
Turjake: Grimoire is still under development? Wow! I heard about it something like 10 years ago and then forgot all about it because it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm not really sure about the mental state of its developer, but IMO anyone willing to work on a true old school RPG with such dedication for so long can't be a *thoroughly* bad person.
lowyhong: Try the superdemo. It's really good.
Thanks for the tip! I'll do that right now.

Epic Internets drama in that Codex thread and the new Kickstarter Grimoire. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction! :)
So how many times was this game supposed to have been released already? =P
Post edited September 27, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
Cleve is down to 10 bugs, which apparently inspired him to leave this on the 'dex.

Imagine the fiercesome superhuman lantern-jawed he-man resolve required to maintain this constant level of dedication over a 9 year period. Imagine the Nietszchean force of will needed to persist at this without surrender. Now imagine the entire time I have been working on it, mega-shrill swayback trannies have been leaping all about and shrieking I would never finish and it was all hopeless and why would I bother in high-pitched girly-man voices. One begins to see the outlines of a giant standing amidst these pygmies, a teeth-clenched two-fisted extremely buffed superhero comparable to the great pulp heroes like Doc Savage, Prince Zarkon or The Shadow. An Atlas-like figure towering over the tiny midget man-lite lice who number as his detractors. A colossus of games development whose mighty singlehanded deed will live forever as one of the greatest achievements in all of nerd-dom forever. This, even before he completes these 10 remaining obstacles standing between his legend and history. The audacity of a man to even attempt such a thing. It boggles the mind. Or even more incredibly, to finally arrive at ten issues left after being besieged by skin-puppet sunken-chested neckbeards for decades crying out in a falsetto that no mortal man would ever reach this level, it was a doomed endeavour that could never succeed.
No humble pie for that guy.

I hope the writing in Grimoire reflects the level of awesome regularly on display in Cleve's posts.
fronzelneekburm: Cleve is down to 10 bugs, which apparently inspired him to leave this on the 'dex.

Imagine the fiercesome superhuman lantern-jawed he-man resolve required to maintain this constant level of dedication over a 9 year period. Imagine the Nietszchean force of will needed to persist at this without surrender. Now imagine the entire time I have been working on it, mega-shrill swayback trannies have been leaping all about and shrieking I would never finish and it was all hopeless and why would I bother in high-pitched girly-man voices. One begins to see the outlines of a giant standing amidst these pygmies, a teeth-clenched two-fisted extremely buffed superhero comparable to the great pulp heroes like Doc Savage, Prince Zarkon or The Shadow. An Atlas-like figure towering over the tiny midget man-lite lice who number as his detractors. A colossus of games development whose mighty singlehanded deed will live forever as one of the greatest achievements in all of nerd-dom forever. This, even before he completes these 10 remaining obstacles standing between his legend and history. The audacity of a man to even attempt such a thing. It boggles the mind. Or even more incredibly, to finally arrive at ten issues left after being besieged by skin-puppet sunken-chested neckbeards for decades crying out in a falsetto that no mortal man would ever reach this level, it was a doomed endeavour that could never succeed.
fronzelneekburm: No humble pie for that guy.

I hope the writing in Grimoire reflects the level of awesome regularly on display in Cleve's posts.
Soooooo....Grimoire?
JudasIscariot:
There has to be a GOG release in the works? Right??? (or at least once he submits something, or someone has to remind him that GOG exists)
JudasIscariot:
ShadowWulfe: There has to be a GOG release in the works? Right??? (or at least once he submits something, or someone has to remind him that GOG exists)
I don't know of any release, I just want this game here as I played the Superdemo and I think it has the potential to be an excellent game once it's finished :)
JudasIscariot: I just want this game here
Surely you can persuade Guillaume to release it here. I also seem to recall a blog post where Cleve seemed very eager about debuting the game on GOG. You must not allow the Book Of Blakemore to fall into the wrong hands.
JudasIscariot: I just want this game here
fronzelneekburm: Surely you can persuade Guillaume to release it here. I also seem to recall a blog post where Cleve seemed very eager about debuting the game on GOG. You must not allow the Book Of Blakemore to fall into the wrong hands.
Wasnt Cleve sort of pro drm at one point?
ShadowWulfe: There has to be a GOG release in the works? Right??? (or at least once he submits something, or someone has to remind him that GOG exists)
This was posted on the Grimoire blog in june:

"We’ve been discussing which platform is best for initial publication. GOG is winning so far."

So I guess a GOG release is possible. :)

http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/69/