It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Turjake: Grimoire is still under development? Wow! I heard about it something like 10 years ago and then forgot all about it because it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I'm not really sure about the mental state of its developer, but IMO anyone willing to work on a true old school RPG with such dedication for so long can't be a *thoroughly* bad person.
Try the superdemo. It's really good.
ShadowWulfe: Can anyone talk some sense into these nutjobs? They're two relatively small time developers that have nothing to gain from expending resources on this nonsense.
AFAIK, Omniconnection is trying to avoid it the best they can.
Ah, Grimoire... the most entertaining game that's never been released, well in complete form anyway.

Personally, right or wrong I would enjoy seeing the mighty neanderthal humbled with a forced name change. That would be delicious.

"Wings of the Chronically Late Exemplar" has a nice ring to it.
dirtyharry50: Ah, Grimoire... the most entertaining game that's never been released, well in complete form anyway.

Personally, right or wrong I would enjoy seeing the mighty neanderthal humbled with a forced name change. That would be delicious.

"Wings of the Chronically Late Exemplar" has a nice ring to it.
I think Cleve will take the games failure to get funding as a personal win. Him being humbled by this experience is unlikely to result :)
dirtyharry50: [...]

[...]
I don't think that Cleve and humbleness were ever properly introduced. ;-)
All I want is for the Cleveian Grimoire to be released and I hope that this whole affair can be forgotten if and when Cleve's Grimoire is released.
JudasIscariot: All I want is for the Cleveian Grimoire to be released and I hope that this whole affair can be forgotten if and when Cleve's Grimoire is released.
Does this mean it will be on GOG? :P *ducks and runs*
JudasIscariot: All I want is for the Cleveian Grimoire to be released and I hope that this whole affair can be forgotten if and when Cleve's Grimoire is released.
I'd day 1-instabuy Cleve's Grimoire on GOG without hesitation! There's also lots of opportunities for awesome bonus content: include the old superdemos, a pdf file chronicling Cleve's greatest hits on various internet forums, a pdf of Cleve's LA riots short story and an instructional booklet on how to build your very own doomsday shelter..
JudasIscariot: All I want is for the Cleveian Grimoire to be released and I hope
I want to throw down one dollar to the other Grimoire campaign just to try and get the two parties to calm down.

We must fight for peace!
ShadowWulfe: I want to throw down one dollar to the other Grimoire campaign just to try and get the two parties to calm down.

We must fight for peace!
I'm fairly certain neither party will be inclined to listen. From what I gather, "Video Game Attourney" (where exactly you put these quotation marks can be debated) is a complete dunce and Cleve's too far gone to listen to any voice of reason.

Apparently, the trademark has only been filed but not yet granted/approved (or whatever the legal term is) for exclusive use by these Omniwhatevs devs. Cleve's best bet is to crush the last 13 bugs and push this sucker out the door before he DOES loose the right to use the name. And if that doesn't work, he can still change the name to "Cleveland M. Blakemore's The Grimoire Scrolls Saga".
Post edited September 24, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
I haven't gone over to see the train wreck at the other forum, but it all starts to sound like...

a) The whole Jonathan Boakes thing with the Dark Falls from a couple years back, although somewhere along the line that got resolved in a civilized manner and the games returned to GOG.

b) The Candy Crush folks threatening to sue the devs of The Banner Saga for using "Saga", until they got laughed off the internet....

c) And just wondering, so how come this Cleve person didn't sue these devs? [url=]http://detectivegrimoire.com/[/url]
Cleve. Is. AWESOME!
Luned: I[...]

c) And just wondering, so how come this Cleve person didn't sue these devs? [url=]http://detectivegrimoire.com/[/url]
Oh please, don't direct his attention there, Detective Grimoire is a nice little game that was crowdfunded.

Besides, has Cleve ever really sued anyone, as in actually take them to court?
Luned: I haven't gone over to see the train wreck at the other forum, but it all starts to sound like...

a) The whole Jonathan Boakes thing with the Dark Falls from a couple years back, although somewhere along the line that got resolved in a civilized manner and the games returned to GOG.

b) The Candy Crush folks threatening to sue the devs of The Banner Saga for using "Saga", until they got laughed off the internet....

Cleve's kind of crazy is the kind of crazy that takes in facts, chews them up, and then drops acid before coming up with a solution to whatever problem he imagined existed. So, to answer two of your points:

b) it's kind of like this, in that Candy Crush threw out a C&D notice as a standard action for protecting their intellectual property. It's actually a requirement for business to actively protect their trade marks and dress, lest it fall into common use and no longer be protectable under law.

c) That's not actually related, since Detective Grimoire is easily distinguishable form just plain old Grimoire. Even as pants-on-head crazy as Cleve gets, he probably wouldn't try to go after something like that because it's apparent that the two are different. This hullabaloo was probably (who knows with a man who claims to have a doctor's note authenticating his status as a living fossil, the last living neanderthal) because the names for the two products were identical: Grimoire. Full stop.

You're not missing a lot by not listening in. It's just internet drama. But like reality TV, it's internet drama with the crazy dialed up to 11.
Looks like Omniwhoevs got denied exclusive rights to the name Grimoire. Also, their Kickstarter pledges have dropped by $5000.