It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What a goddamned mess.

Whatever the outcome, I really hope that it does not cause any problems for Grimoire. I personally don't see a problem with both existing concurrently, however, if this other group was doing that specifically to make Cleve's thing go away...
From the kickstarter comments:

"The other tired argument is that you guys are Grimoire and Cleve's name is Grimoire:Heralds of the Winged Exemplar. That is because Cleve has said numerous times that he planned to make Grimoire a series and Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is the first chapter."

I wonder when chapter 3 will come out...
htown1980: From the kickstarter comments:

"The other tired argument is that you guys are Grimoire and Cleve's name is Grimoire:Heralds of the Winged Exemplar. That is because Cleve has said numerous times that he planned to make Grimoire a series and Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is the first chapter."

Shows that I got some serious gaps in my knowledge of Grimwah mythology to fill.

Didn't know Cleve was planning on making it a series. The mind boggles...

fronzelneekburm: Shows that I got some serious gaps in my knowledge of Grimwah mythology to fill.

Didn't know Cleve was planning on making it a series. The mind boggles...
I wouldn't worry about it, you and I would most likely be dead for many years before part 2 comes out :)

I think we need to worry if and when chapter 1 comes out let alone anything else..:)
truhlik: Hope this not result situation when both sides "lose". Clieve will postpone release to next decade and indie studio will close work on new interesting project(s). :(
Cleve would have most likely postponed the release of Grimoire in anycase. It seems to me, that there's no real, concrete release of the game coming out anytime soon.
Oh god. Cleve and this lawyer are having a discussion in the comments section.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1909687745/grimoire/comments

I am surprised the lawyer even commented and to comment in the way he did seems very strange. To accuse Cleve of committing a crime for what he has done would almost certainly be unprofessional conduct in Australia. The comments from the lawyer, whilst enjoyable to read, seem quite unseemly.

The drama is at least interesting, i guess. It looks like this kickstarter isn't going to get funding anyway.

Also, Cleve thinks you can get Hexen on gog. I wish. I guess its fairly obvious to everyone that he just shoots his mouth off without thinking anyway.
It's ON!

Gamergate got nothing on this shit!

htown1980: I am surprised the lawyer even commented and to comment in the way he did seems very strange. To accuse Cleve of committing a crime for what he has done would almost certainly be unprofessional conduct in Australia. The comments from the lawyer, whilst enjoyable to read, seem quite unseemly.
"VideoGameAttorney" claims that the "cyber bullying here has actually escalated to the point of a crime", proceeds to call Cleve "universally hated" and a troll

Sounds legit.

I work for a living. I don't run dry. I just forego sleep and get paid more.
Classic Cleve! The man should be writing screenplays for John Milius-like action movies!
Post edited September 19, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
htown1980: Oh god. Cleve and this lawyer are having a discussion in the comments section.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1909687745/grimoire/comments
Eye literally twitched at the fact that the attorney and Cleve are now fighting via Kickstarter comments.
Cleve said: "The name was never appropriate for your game to begin with and was a poor choice for a game in this genre."
Umm...wow. That's...new level of ignorant.
Post edited September 20, 2014 by johnki
Sounds like an attention whore than anything else now.Any real updates on progress on the actual game?
Niggles: Sounds like an attention whore than anything else now.Any real updates on progress on the actual game?
Last I heard, he had 15 bugs left and he has been too busy deciding whether to file or not to work on them.
From the KS comments. Directed at their "lawyer".

I'm crying tears! Never change, Cleve! Never change!
Attachments:
fronzelneekburm: From the KS comments. Directed at their "lawyer".

I'm crying tears! Never change, Cleve! Never change!
Yes there is much gold in that comment thread. I have it bookmarked :)
I think he is just using that as a bitching session to avoid having to finish.....er i mean work on the game...
htown1980: Yes there is much gold in that comment thread. I have it bookmarked :)
It just keeps on giving!

Side note: Love those suggestions for alternate titles! I'd play the shit out of a game called "Spellcaster Smackdown"! Maybe I should drop a line to Mr "Video Game Attorney" on Twitter. Gotta get that shit trademarked!
Post edited September 21, 2014 by fronzelneekburm