It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From time to time, I wander around the Grimoire posts on here and on RPG Codex, to see if the promised game has descended from the sky brought by the Winged Exemplar. But akin to the End of the World™ it never fails to be postponed.

But I have seen the light, my friends and I have faith to purchase Grimoire on gog in this lifetime.
Got this email tonight...

Here’s an update for you from the ‘Grimoire Forever’ team:

1 new Announcement:

The game is late. It is over a year past due. Of course all people who pledged would already know this.

I have reached a stage where I can say the game is in final form. I have incorporated monsters, special effects, ambient animations and additional required graphics that have been sitting on my hard drive for many years awaiting integration into the game. I have been testing and verifying correct animation and appearance of all these graphics and their attachment to monster data.

You can imagine how ridiculous it would be to have worked this long on the game and then chuck it out there because it is technically complete but untested. I am engaged in rigorous testing to verify all bugs and issues are fixed and all areas are flawless. Strictly speaking there are 69 bugs remaining out of over 3400+ altogether when I began eliminating them during the second IndieGoGo campaign. These often involve issues that can consume several hours to fix at a minimum.

We are getting very close to setting a proper release date which will be accurate this time. Rest assured that all pledges will be the first people to get instructions for digital download of the game when it is up.

I appreciate your patience and I continue to apologise for delays. I don't like to go on about it but believe me when I say it has been a lot of work for one person alone. Most people would not be able to comprehend how much. If I had considered the scope of what I was working on very early on I would have never started on something of this magnitude.

Thanks,

Cleve Blakemore
So far GoG is leading Steam in the Blakemore household. I heard it all hinges on the rights to his awesome new platformer Daredevil Donut Lad.
SO. Is a new Indiegogo going to go ahead?.
So is this gone or what?
Niggles: So is this gone or what?
Nah, it just seems like he realized what a pain in the ass debugging is.
I meant to post encouraging comments on the Indiegogo but it randomly logged me out and I rage forgot.
Edit: Punctuation added.
Post edited July 04, 2014 by ShadowWulfe
Niggles: So is this gone or what?
ShadowWulfe: Nah, it just seems like he realized what a pain in the ass debugging is.
I meant to post encouraging comments on the Indiegogo but it randomly logged me out and I rage forgot.
Edit: Punctuation added.
What happened to the new Indiegogo he supposedly was going to put up?.
Niggles:
Who knows, he may have decided he didn't need it while at the same time being crushed by the workload.
This was his timetable posted in early June. As with all things Cleve, it is subject to change.

In this order :

1. Get new super demo ready. (Which is really just 18% of a now complete game, nothing more)
2. Launch 3rd IndieGoGo campaign
3. Finish all testing after incorporating pledge perks
4. Release the game digital only, first to pledges, then to everyone else
5. Finish all pledge materials, send to printer for pledge fulfillments

Grimoire

It is about halfway down the page(after the disturbing pics of Brenda Romero)
Post edited July 04, 2014 by DashiDMV
Just for fun while we pass the time... peruse the start of this article for the 5 stages of grief and share where you are in terms of Grimoire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

I'm pretty sure I have reached acceptance but I do remain open to miracles so maybe I haven't really. Maybe I am still just lost in denial. I've never been through anything like Grimoire before. Sometimes I just feel so confused about it all. At least I am past my previous angry outbursts.
34 bugs to go as of last night. Time to start petitioning for front page advertising space and Galaxy trading cards.
Tthe Golden Baby is coming, all thanks to Mr. Robert Sirotek. He poked the bear and the bear just happened to have a titanium skeleton.
Post edited August 08, 2014 by DashiDMV
DashiDMV: snip
What?

And 34 bugs in Cleve's world is still somewhere between a few months and several years. So I'd wait with front page advertising.
DashiDMV: snip
Siannah: What?

And 34 bugs in Cleve's world is still somewhere between a few months and several years. So I'd wait with front page advertising.
He's went from 69 bugs to 34 in less than 2 months, ITZ ok to believe this time!
I don't know. This could just be the denial stage of grief at play here.
DashiDMV: He's went from 69 bugs to 34 in less than 2 months, ITZ ok to believe this time!
I hardly use the codex, even less for referencing but this sums it up. I believe in a release, when it's actually released, not one moment sooner.