It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looked interesting, played well in Superdemo (only one hexedit needed,) and it missed another date.

If I were a business, dealing with a business, I'd be pissed, but delays to this point have only brought a better product (compare first demo with superdemo.)

Not making excuses, but not shitting my pants either.

Look at the Witcher: good to begin with, but really kicked ass after the enhanced version.

Will we see that kind of upgrade, likely not, as it is one person vs a team of dedicated individuals with management in synch.

For the tiny bit I put in, I'm looking at it as more of an investment than a purchase.

As with any investment, if I lose, I lose, and if I win, I get something.

That might not have been the way it was proffered, but when I see that bugs came up (the win7 things,) and were addressed, I'm not feeling the frantic urge to Scotchguard my underwear; yet.
Dischord:
Couldn't have put it better myself. However slow Cleve is, I get the impression that he's really doing SOMETHING. If Grimoire really turns out to be a bazillion hour epic Wizardrylike experience, it will have been worth the obnoxious wait.

We all knew what to expect getting into this.
Dischord:
ShadowWulfe: Couldn't have put it better myself. However slow Cleve is, I get the impression that he's really doing SOMETHING. If Grimoire really turns out to be a bazillion hour epic Wizardrylike experience, it will have been worth the obnoxious wait.

We all knew what to expect getting into this.
I was surprised at how good the writing was, but am a little tired of the same old sandbox I've been playing in.

Hell, I went down the cliff 3 times before I figured out I couldn't go there. I kept killing shit and putting points into climbing :-)

It'll be interesting to see what comes out next.

Edit to add: that inventory system could really use an upgrade like the Witcher enhanced version got!
Post edited May 31, 2014 by Dischord
Dischord: I was surprised at how good the writing was...
Agreed. One of Crusaders' most distinctive traits was the delightfully florid writing style. Grimoire captures that very well in at least what I've seen, which I certainly did not expect from Cleve. I think the power of "dungeon master" text is woefully ignored in most RPGs, new and old.
Sooo..when was this going to be released again?
Niggles: Sooo..when was this going to be released again?
As expected, it was postponed once again. See http://www.rpgcodex.net/index.php#9470
Niggles: Sooo..when was this going to be released again?
chean: As expected, it was postponed once again. See http://www.rpgcodex.net/index.php#9470
a third indie gogo.campaign then that's I sounds like he keeps making excuses
This last delay makes me lose all interest.
Can you imagine the rate at which bug fixes and patches would be released?
Decades each? :(
Haha, argh, I expected it to be delayed again but not a full IndieGogo campaign. T_T

Hopefully whatever real version gets released isn't full of real bugs, because I kind of doubt he has a busy team of beta-testers working on it.
Take it easy. It'll come eventually. Cleve might be a tad eccentric to put it lightly, but he's not a scammer or a thief. The superdemo proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the game exists and is a very nice Wizardry VII-like,. He's only one man and has himself admitted that the two indiegogo campaigns did not raise enough money for him to even work on the game part-time.

I mean how many years has it been since the last episode of Half-Life 2 was released, and how many billions of dollars has Valve reaped from Steam since then? Yet the sequel everyone wants is nowhere to be seen. And that's a company with hundreds of employees and billions.

Cleve is what, one guy with less than 20k over more than a year.
Crosmando:
I know it's coming, slowly but surely,
I just kind of wanted to play it before my rotations started. I have a patch of "buckets" of free time that I had hoped to take advantage of. Ah well.
The most hilarious Chick tract "mod" I've seen/read in a long time:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-coming-next-friday.75724/page-283#post-3307438

"Deliver us, Grimoire!" xD
I can't wait to see the end to this, just to find out whether it was "one man's desperate struggle against an uncaring and unappreciative world" or "one man's desperate struggle against mental illness". Depending on whether CMB is more of a genius or blowhard we'll either get an amazing game or a spectacular story...
Vestin: Depending on whether CMB is more of a genius or blowhard
He's a piece of shit, end of story.
Crosmando: Take it easy. It'll come eventually. Cleve might be a tad eccentric to put it lightly, but he's not a scammer or a thief. The superdemo proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the game exists and is a very nice Wizardry VII-like,. He's only one man and has himself admitted that the two indiegogo campaigns did not raise enough money for him to even work on the game part-time.

I mean how many years has it been since the last episode of Half-Life 2 was released, and how many billions of dollars has Valve reaped from Steam since then? Yet the sequel everyone wants is nowhere to be seen. And that's a company with hundreds of employees and billions.

Cleve is what, one guy with less than 20k over more than a year.
The dude has been working on it all that time without the benefit of Indiegogo previously -- isnt trying again going to the well once too often? (has he even had a shot at Kickstarter?). And saying its coming and promising, then delays again really make people cynical whether its ever going to be release regardless of plausible excuses.