It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If only I didn't have a life, I would play this game every waking day.
It reminds me of Devil Whiskey and Daggerfall.
Cleve is certainly a character who makes the hoopla about Phil Fish look like nothing in comparison, that's for sure.

Anyway, I'm relieved the long demo is out now. There's now reportedly over 20 hours of Grimoire available, which is more than a lot of games have these days and also more than I dared to hope we'd ever see of Grimoire.
Craiq: ...

Imagine you are Cleve, trying to explain that you did work on a Wizardry sequel and no one believed you for about 10 years, trying to explain that they are indeed stuff like the butt-hole monster to be implemented in Wizardry 8...

See attachment for butt-hole monster and Cleve's resignation letter to Sir-Tech
solzariv: Yes, old news, I've already seen those. Seeing all that stuff suddenly pop up on eBay on a routine Wizardry search one day is what led me to the rpgcodex thread on further research in the first place.

I'm still not believing the outlandish claims he made about his Sir-Tech co-workers running a pedophilic sexual human trafficking ring.
I always wondered about rpgcodex. And that sort of talk is why im better off not knowing lol
RaggieRags: Cleve is certainly a character who makes the hoopla about Phil Fish look like nothing in comparison, that's for sure.

Anyway, I'm relieved the long demo is out now. There's now reportedly over 20 hours of Grimoire available, which is more than a lot of games have these days and also more than I dared to hope we'd ever see of Grimoire.
The difference is Cleve is actually a funny guy who makes witty posts, as long as you don't take his exaggerations and tall tales too seriously. I particular got a good laugh at his tale about how his platinum-strength Neanderthal bones are so dense that, one time, he utterly destroyed a speeding car when it crashed into him at a crosswalk.

Phil Fish, on the other hand, is just an emotionally retarded Millennial hipster trust-fund twat, no matter what angle you look at him.
it would be interesting to know relying on what does mr Cleve get by, considering his abyssal development times...
Post edited November 07, 2013 by meudoland
ok, I want to support the game pre-ordering a copy. what have I to do?
meudoland: it would be interesting to know relying on what does mr Cleve get by, considering his abyssal development times...
I believe he has a day job :)
meudoland: it would be interesting to know relying on what does mr Cleve get by, considering his abyssal development times...
JudasIscariot: I believe he has a day job :)
I think he mentioned he got a new job only a while back? remember some vague comments...
So anyone any wiser as to whats going on?
Grimoire will never be a finished game worth playing and Cleve Blakemore has stolen money.

This is how it stands today and based on 17+ years of bullshit odds are it isn't going to change.

Retracting my other comments about this vaporware, it's bug infested super demo, etc.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by dirtyharry50
nijuu:
Babysteps. Hopefully more before next year is out.
Got this in the mail this morning so thought I'd share the update:

THREE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ENORMOUS, MINDBOGGLING SIGNIFICANCE:

1. There will be a new patched version of the super demo coming out in the next week or thereabouts coinciding with pledges getting their content guidelines for inclusion of their special elements in the final game.

2. There will be a third campaign on Indiegogo to accommodate people who did not pledge to the first two. There will not be a Kickstarter for Grimoire but there will almost certainly be one for the sequel when we begin work on it. The third campaign will feature the greatest video pitch in the recorded history of mankind.

3. After the IndieGoGo campaign ends we will probably apply to get Grimoire on Steam Greenlight.

The NEW DATE FOR RELEASE IS MAY 31st, 2014. Sorry we missed the first one but it was because we had to add extra special helpings of incline, win and excellence to make it worth the wait.
dirtyharry50: Got
I do at least hope there is a GOG release that comes out before residency.
Good grief.
dirtyharry50: There will not be a Kickstarter for Grimoire but there will almost certainly be one for the sequel when we begin work on it. The third campaign will feature the greatest video pitch in the recorded history of mankind.
Another 17 years waiting for the sequel? I'm in!
:D