It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dirtyharry50: I doubt there will be any added DRM beyond it possibly appearing on Steam and even there it may like some other titles not have any DRM either since it would not be supporting any Steamplay features.
Starmaker: Clive promised there will be:

Only pledges will get DRM-free copies of Grimoire once it is completed.
Starmaker: ...so it's a toss-up, really.
I think it was more stated than promised and also given up on quite a while ago considering he was later talking about it being sold on GOG which of course means, sold without DRM.
Starmaker: Clive promised there will be:

...so it's a toss-up, really.
nijuu: Saw this as well and considering the base tier on indiegogo was $25 , doubt it will be cheaper than $30ish on GOG, *if* it ever gets here.

dirtyharry50: I doubt there will be any added DRM beyond it possibly appearing on Steam and even there it may like some other titles not have any DRM either since it would not be supporting any Steamplay features.
nijuu: Has he said anything further about releasing it drm free ie GOG ?.
I think it will wind up being less than I paid for it and personally I am fine with that if more people get to enjoy it and it does well. As usual too, the patient will be rewarded with a six hundred hour RPG for half whatever the initial price is. That in my opinion is always worth keeping in mind - don't like the release price? Just wait, it will come down, everything does - even Call of Duty games do eventually!

Cleve's talent lies with designing and developing a game like this whereas GOG's talent lies with marketing and selling it. Somewhere down the road the two will meet I think. This game is just a natural fit for here. I would be very surprised if the game does not make it here in time. I'm sure the folks at GOG would in that case be offering advice about optimal pricing to move the most units, etc.

It was quite a while ago now that Cleve mentioned selling it on GOG. So as I noted just now above, that means no DRM of course and he would know that. I have had the impression that he might go with Steam Greenlight first but I could be wrong. It is not like he's made any clear commitments about where he wants to try and sell it at this point. His current focus seems to be on taking care of those who made pledges which I appreciate.

Honestly though, if Cleve delivers the goods and the game is consistently as good as the demo looks I don't know why people would balk if the price was thirty bucks. It's said to be roughly six hundred hours of entertainment. That amounts to five cents an hour to enjoy what I'm expecting to be at least a "good" RPG, if not a great one. Even if it was only 100 hours you're looking at 30 cents an hour to play one play through. Maybe I am crazy but that seems like one hell of an entertainment value to me.

Oh, and don't forget to vote for the game here if you have not already and want to see it here:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar
Post edited June 02, 2013 by dirtyharry50
A new post from Cleve on the Indiegogo site indicates he's starting work on adding items, etc. paid for by higher pledge amounts and that this process along with testing of additions is expected to take another month.

So the wheels continue to turn slowly for Grimoire but progress is being made. I do wish he'd get the superdemo out but it probably needed to wait on these additions since he mentioned trying to make saves compatible with the full release version so that one could begin playing and not have to start over again when the full game releases. This is nice and a good idea since the superdemo was going to be around 30 to 40 hours I believe I read at one point.

Patience is a virtue as they say. I am all for waiting on quality myself. Stay tuned for all the Grimoire news you can use as it becomes available! :D
I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more Grimoire trailers or updates released in the meantime.
Xoanon: I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more Grimoire trailers or updates released in the meantime.
He did mention in the same post a new one is coming "soon" but Cleve's idea of soon could mean a lot of things. His tardiness is legendary.
A new update from Cleve today regarding progress on Grimoire:

"Okay a month went by with no major updates.

Crushed for time from morning ’til night at the moment, been working on eliminating last issues from the game.

Obviously we are getting behind.

Two resolutions for this month 100%:

We will be sending the pledge packets for game content out this week.

We will release the superdemo shortly to give people to play until the full version is ready. My son is testing the superdemo this week to make sure it is solid.

Regards and thanks for not forming a lynch mob yet,
Cleve Blakemore"
dirtyharry50: A new update from Cleve today regarding progress on Grimoire:

Crushed for time from morning ’til night at the moment, been working on eliminating last issues from the game.

We will release the superdemo shortly to give people to play until the full version is ready. My son is testing the superdemo this week to make sure it is solid.

Cleve Blakemore"
Source? I am quite anxious about Grimoire and all so I'd like to know where I can get news about it. Thanks :D
dirtyharry50: A new update from Cleve today regarding progress on Grimoire:

Cleve Blakemore"
JudasIscariot: Source? I am quite anxious about Grimoire and all so I'd like to know where I can get news about it. Thanks :D
The source is my email. I pledged to the campaign and Cleve sends me updates so I share them here. However, these exact same updates can be seen by checking the Indiegogo page for the game as well. The thing is, you'd have to check every day for a month before seeing one, etc.
JudasIscariot: Source? I am quite anxious about Grimoire and all so I'd like to know where I can get news about it. Thanks :D
dirtyharry50: The source is my email. I pledged to the campaign and Cleve sends me updates so I share them here. However, these exact same updates can be seen by checking the Indiegogo page for the game as well. The thing is, you'd have to check every day for a month before seeing one, etc.
Ahh cool. Thank you for letting us all know here :D.
Here is the page Judas where updates are publicly posted:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grimoire-forever/x/2452460?c=activity

You can trust me as an advocate for this game to post each new on the day it appears in this thread though if you don't want to bother checking daily. :D
dirtyharry50: Here is the page Judas where updates are publicly posted:

You can trust me as an advocate for this game to post each new on the day it appears in this thread though if you don't want to bother checking daily. :D
Well, I can always check but feel free to post any juicy news regarding the game :D
dirtyharry50: Here is the page Judas where updates are publicly posted:

JudasIscariot: Well, I can always check but feel free to post any juicy news regarding the game :D
Oh, absolutely! This one is special. I hope Cleve will at some point approach GOG about bringing it here when it is done, preferably as an exclusive. I think when finished it would make quite a fine addition to the catalog.

Worthy of note also is the fact that so far it looks like it will be a simple affair to port this game to Mac OS X with Wineskin. The most recent demo required no special tweaks and works like a charm.
Post edited July 02, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Newsflash!!! Newsflash!!! Cleve Blakemore's PSU has failed and development has come to a temporary halt! Fortunately, Cleve also owns an iMac which never lets him down and is working on a cool new video for us all to enjoy - real soon now! Also, the superdemo for pledges is nearing release too - real soon now!

Here is the latest update from our hero Cleve himself:

"The power supply on my development machine has failed. It will be back next week. My laptop has had hard drives problems as well. Luckily I had done backups only the day before my desktop machine fell over so I lost no work. It should be back early next week, until then I've been working on my next update video on my IMac, a machine that never seems to fail or even operate differently.

The superdemo only remains to be tested a little more to make certain it contains no hidden surprises and it will be released shortly. The pledges will get their information packet for game content at the same time the superdemo is released.

Thanks for your patience,

Cleve Blakemore"
Post edited July 21, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Oh for fuck's sake, I was just forgetting about this vaporware and you had to remind me. Well Cleve has proved via the demo that the game does indeed ~exist~, but in remains to be seen if the guy will ever just bloody release it and stop obsessively trying to perfect it.

Funnily enough, Cleve's new location since he moved from Queensland is apparently quite close to where I live. Hmmmm...
Sorry, but everything behind this game sounds like a bad long joke. I was looking forward to this and even though about supporting the game with my money, but then I read few comments on youtube from mr. developer and I was disgusted.