It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

qwixter: post from the dev, that it is praised as being transparent or honest.
Ouch... couldn't let that one slide... :)

Well I am biased since I've actually dealt with him via email after foolishly backing the original IndieGoGo, but he is far from honest and I have screen caps to back it up. This isn't just a case of missed deadline, but shit he says and later backs down from. He is pretty good at whitewashing the original IndieGoGo campaign site and Steam Greenlight/Steam forums, but thankfully he doesn't have that ability here yet.

Once Cleve announced refunds last year at huge expense to him personally, I made the request, immediately was converted to REFUNDED to lock my account and commenting ability, and just four short months and countless support tickets later, I received a 70% refund with the statement that IndieGoGo is for scams and be happy with what I got… Oh and his charming PayPal comment "Die in a Fire!".

Still waiting on my FULL refund or a backer key… I sure its still coming from an honest *neanderthal* like Cleve…
Attachments:
Game is pretty great so far. I'm only several hours into it, so can't accurately compare it to all blobbers or anything. it's a breath of fresh air in an era of decline and dumbed down games. You could do worse spending $40 on this like wasting money on Mass Effect Andromeda. Skyrim the Enhanced Edition, or whatever AAA piece of crap that calls itself a RPG is released these days.

Don't pay attention to all the naysayers who are more concerned with Cleve's politics than judging the game on its own merits. They are the type of people who threaten families (including kids) because they read in an article one of the parents said something politically incorrect. If they were ever put in power they would begin setting up prisons to torture and execute people for thoughtcrime while calling them reeducation camps. They would sell out their own families and kids to the thought police all so they could falsely feel morally superior to everyone else.

I have seen Cleve post and say the game would be released on GOG after it was completely patched, so keep an eye out for it. I don't think he's completely serious about the DRM stuff and will probably drop it for the GOG release since I think GOG requires DRM free stuff.
Here is Cleve's direct answer about GoG release. He stated that "There will be a GOG version...".

Let see if Grimoire wouldn't be too niche for GoG and be released here in future.

Link
truhlik: Here is Cleve's direct answer about GoG release. He stated that "There will be a GOG version...".

Let see if Grimoire wouldn't be too niche for GoG and be released here in future.

Link
Well, that's good to hear, for those who wanted to play the game. As long he keep his promise and actually fix the gamebreaking bugs [i]other than removing any drm/triggers[i] I'm totally fine with this.

At least it's still better than getting games here at the same time of steam, only to be abandoned on GOG with no updates and the likes.
Regals: I just looked at your 'proof' kid

How many times you going to scam refunds from him?
I curious how many times you done it to GOG
This Cleve's alt?

My message has been consistent from the start. What additional proof do you want, pages of IndieGoGo support tickets, but then again Cleve confirmed it in this very thread back in April, where do you think I got his final reply about "IndieGoGo is for scams and I should be happy I got anything"?

I know exactly what is going on and why he didn't refund me. I believe I was the first to request a refund expecting a reasonable developer WAY back in 2014 after the second "guaranteed" deadline blew past. At that point Cleve boldly stated I would get a FULL REFUND, but not until final release. Fast forward several more years and DirtyHarry50 threatened legal action, so Cleve sprang to action making ONE full refund to DirtyHarry50 while anyone else that contacted Cleve for the same reason simply had the IndieGoGo account converted to REFUNDED. I'll give it to Cleve on that one as IndieGoGo is for scams and offer little support/protection once the initial monetary transaction is complete.

Either way in typical Cleve fashion he boasted (a.k.a. LIED) about making many refunds at great personal cost due to the less than favorable exchange rate from 2012 to 2016. So months of support tickets after I lost access to IndieGoGo, being fasely converted to REFUNDED, Cleve finally made a refund of $100AUD or roughly 70% of the USD equivalent. I'm sorry, but I don't consider that a FULL refund and funny enough if had he granted my request back in 2014 the rate was almost the same as back in 2012.

With all his recent internet fame, you would think someone that's boasting his superior neanderthal morals would just send the remaining $30 refund or a backer key (i.e. a pittance to him now if his self aggrandizing is to be believed.) rather than continuing to demonstrate he behaves like a normal petulant non-neanderthal human. For me this is now all about the principle of the matter...
Post edited August 13, 2017 by Malichite
Regals: I just looked at your 'proof' kid

How many times you going to scam refunds from him?
I curious how many times you done it to GOG
Malichite: This Cleve's alt?
ignore him

PLEASE!!!! :P

He says I do the same thing as well as insisting I'm a pedophile and a Steam MOD.

NO ONE CALLS ME A STEAM MOD!!!!
Post edited August 13, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: ignore him

He says I do the same thing as well as insisting I'm a pedophile and a Steam MOD.

Ah, I see now. I saw your prior post mentioning someone started using you avatar pic to sh*tpost, but didn't understand the reference.

That being said, `ole Regals definitely has a Barkmore-esque way of responding...

I better follow your advice. ;)
Grimlorn: snip
Welcome to GOG, Cooper.
Ah Cooper. The B-one's son.

Whats the rumor for Grimoire 2 Cooper?
tinyE: ignore him

Man that's terrible.

What I find funny though is that every grimoire supporter that posts something, you could replace every reference to grimoire or cleve with trump, and it would make just as much sense.
We now know where Andy Kaufman disappeared to.

Cleve or Trump. Either choice makes perfect sense.
Grimlorn: Game is pretty great so far. I'm only several hours into it, so can't accurately compare it to all blobbers or anything. it's a breath of fresh air in an era of decline and dumbed down games.
Oh for...that is utter and complete horseshit. You want good dungeon crawlers? They are on Steam, Vita, 3DS. Released before, up to, and after Grimoire was released. Stranger of Sword City. Elminage Gothic. Grimrock. Etrian. Persona Q. We just got Etrian V announced, too.

Frankly, I am damned tired of people who are either lying or couldn't be bothered to look beyond their nostalgia.
Grimlorn: Game is pretty great so far. I'm only several hours into it, so can't accurately compare it to all blobbers or anything. it's a breath of fresh air in an era of decline and dumbed down games.
Sabin_Stargem: Oh for...that is utter and complete horseshit. You want good dungeon crawlers? They are on Steam, Vita, 3DS. Released before, up to, and after Grimoire was released. Stranger of Sword City. Elminage Gothic. Grimrock. Etrian. Persona Q. We just got Etrian V announced, too.

Frankly, I am damned tired of people who are either lying or couldn't be bothered to look beyond their nostalgia.
The key word that you quoted is "decline". That's basically code for grimoire mouthpiece. You can pretty much ignore anything said because complaint generators generally make more sense.

"As they look over the world's painful panorama of blobbers, some people conclude that it is too late, that no amount of information or activity could possibly resolve our disputes without violence. But those who take that pessimistic view understand neither Grimoire nor its current rung on the ladder. Before I say anything else, let me remind Grimoire critics that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that substituting breast-beating and schwarmerei for action and honest debate is essential for the safety and welfare of the public. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that Grimoire seems to be involved in a number of incline activities. What's next? Distorting the facts? I can say only that we must inarguably punish those who lie or connive at half-truths. A compossible option is to expand people's understanding of his refractory roorbacks. If we follow that approach, however, we must bear in mind that lying is more familiar to critics of Grimoire's than truth-saying. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of his garrulous, crude animadversions. Let me end by saying that I know that what I have written in this letter will send many readers (especially any who are big critics of Grimoire) into a tizzy or a tantrum. I am sorry, but I remind them that Grimoire critics have no respect for human dignity independent of background, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political beliefs."
Sabin_Stargem: Oh for...that is utter and complete horseshit. You want good dungeon crawlers? They are on Steam, Vita, 3DS. Released before, up to, and after Grimoire was released. Stranger of Sword City. Elminage Gothic. Grimrock. Etrian. Persona Q. We just got Etrian V announced, too.

qwixter: The key word that you quoted is "decline". That's basically code for grimoire mouthpiece. You can pretty much ignore anything said because complaint generators generally make more sense.
This. Whenever anybody quotes PR, however bright they might be at any other given time, they've just rented themselves out as a funnel. At best, I think they've decided some aspect of a developer's message, even an aspect of their personality, is so vital and true that they've temporarily lost the ability to think critically, even to the point of repeating meaningless catchphrases thrown at them. At worst, they've been intellectually phished for a long time, and there's no one at home. (I've found that some people discussing politics and religion do this. Which is one of several reasons I've long given up discussing politics and religion.)

My new Wizardry 7 run through is progressing nicely. My grand niece has also installed it, and set Grimoire aside. She says she'll play it when all the outstanding issues are fixed. We'll see.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Glazunov
Glazunov: My new Wizardry 7 run through is progressing nicely. My grand niece has also installed it, and set Grimoire aside. She says she'll play it when all the outstanding issues are fixed. We'll see.
After spending quite a bit time trying to get rolls for ninja in wiz 7 with no luck, I capitulated and downloaded the patch thing to get higher rolls. So off I go with my level 1 party to kick some ass, then promptly get ambushed by 4 ratmen, and wiped lol
Post edited August 16, 2017 by qwixter