It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
LootHunter: I mean exactly what YOU mean. You asked - how many male characters are there who are only there for women to ogle?
Now I'm asking you - how many women are interested in such characters.
HappyPunkPotato: I have no idea what most women are attracted to but why does every character in a game need to be sexually attractive to someone to be a valid part of the game?
Excuse me? It was YOU, who asked about lack of "male characters who are only there for women to ogle"! If you, and other women are not interested in such characters, why do you complain?
richlind33: I'd like to live in a world where women and children feel safe and secure. And I don't think it'd be all that difficult to achieve.
I'd like to live in a world where everyone feels safe and secure too, hopefully we will get there one day!

GameRager: 1. I'm sorry then if I assumed something I shouldn't have. It just seems(like with you seeing other people wanting debates and to win) that many like to rely on emotional details/info to win such debates more easily online and it's those people i'm wary of(and when I see people posting emotional tales during back and forth I tend to assume they might be pulling such, but I now get that that wasn't the case with you).

I am also sorry you have faced such issues, btw.

2. Not who you replied to but: They don't have to be sexy but it appeals to many people and can even be used as a valid tool in showcasing a character/world setting if done right/in the right game/genre/etc.

One could easily also ask why have people shoot or fight in some games? Or why have action of any sort in some games? It appeals to people and sells product and also sometimes helps make a story/world more immersive to some(if done right).

3. While fronz is very crude/crass I do hope you reported it at the very least.
1. My fault too. I got over both occasions fairly quickly because, thankfully, they never went any further so I don't consider them to be overly emotional, just a thing that I would like to avoid in the future. I also seem to keep accidentally getting into debates with people, I can't seem to help saying what I think but don't necessarily expect to change anyone else's view (which does tend to lead to endless back-and-forth messages).

2. All I was meaning is that they could include male characters who sit around waiting to be rescued and it shouldn't matter if most wonen don't find them attractive. I'd be nice for women who think women are usually presented as useless in games when men aren't to see male characters presented as useless too sometimes). It may also be nice for some men if they are feeling pressure to be a muscle-bound hero all the time to see an alternative male character more often. Or we could all just not worry about it but that can be difficult!

3. I went back to have a look at what he said. No I didn't report it, didn't really seem bad enough to bother.

LootHunter: Excuse me? It was YOU, who asked about lack of "male characters who are only there for women to ogle"! If you, and other women are not interested in such characters, why do you complain?
Sorry, getting confused trying to respond to all of these people. I guess there is no point in having a bloke for women to ogle if no women fancy him ha ha ha! It would be good to have a less action packed male character occasionally for reasons I mentioned above.
HappyPunkPotato: 1. My fault too. I got over both occasions fairly quickly because, thankfully, they never went any further so I don't consider them to be overly emotional, just a thing that I would like to avoid in the future. I also seem to keep accidentally getting into debates with people, I can't seem to help saying what I think but don't necessarily expect to change anyone else's view (which does tend to lead to endless back-and-forth messages).

2. All I was meaning is that they could include male characters who sit around waiting to be rescued and it shouldn't matter if most wonen don't find them attractive. I'd be nice for women who think women are usually presented as useless in games when men aren't to see male characters presented as useless too sometimes). It may also be nice for some men if they are feeling pressure to be a muscle-bound hero all the time to see an alternative male character more often. Or we could all just not worry about it but that can be difficult!

3. I went back to have a look at what he said. No I didn't report it, didn't really seem bad enough to bother.

LootHunter: Excuse me? It was YOU, who asked about lack of "male characters who are only there for women to ogle"! If you, and other women are not interested in such characters, why do you complain?
HappyPunkPotato: Sorry, getting confused trying to respond to all of these people. I guess there is no point in having a bloke for women to ogle if no women fancy him ha ha ha! It would be good to have a less action packed male character occasionally for reasons I mentioned above.
1. As long as both sides conduct themselves civilly in a debate and can agree on some things it's usually a good thing rather than a bad one & I often welcome the chance for others to change my mind or perhaps for me to change theirs a bit or inform them of things they might not be aware of.

2. A change of pace every now and then can be fun if done well, and I welcome such. :)

3. Your call and not to nitpick too much, but these sorts of people keep getting away with such because many choose not to report.

Of course if it wasn't truly that bad then ok, but if it was somewhat bad i'd have still reported it to keep such people from trying such with others/etc.

====================================

But enough about that icky topic(#3)......back to the topic at hand some more.
BreOl72: Edit: (I usually never do this, but...)

I guess, this is why we can't have nice things... smh

To make it clear: the simple fact, that the male figure in the description of the CE was labelled as "the main character", made me ask myself, if there had perhaps been any changes made to the character design system (meaning = we're restricted to one particular playable character (similar to Geralt in The Witcher)).

Not that there would be anything severely wrong with that.
I mean - if the story demands it...so be it.

I just wanted to know if there had been such changes made, of which I was - so far - unaware of.

I was asking out of sheer curiosity - and without judging.
Because I liked the idea of playing as female "V".

Because in my mind, there still was the female "V" taking over the role of the main character in the game ( = the main character shown in the 48 minute gameplay video of last year).

Well, and yes...to express a slight (!) disappointment, in case that change would have been made.

So, I then - foolishly (I really should have known better) - decided to ask in the general forum, if anyone here has perhaps some accurate knowledge about that topic.

Now - that's one mistake, I definitely won't repeat.

I noticed this in the past already: many people here don't even try to respond in a civil way, anymore.
They also obviously don't read comments anymore - or they simply read to the point, where they find something over which they can get angry.
Then they switch - blinded by rage - full speed ahead into all-out-attack mode.

sigh
Did you just... assume their gender?
GameRager: snip
Just been reading the thread about changing the rep system and if rating should be public. It's not so I've got to post this message to say +1 to you and thanks for a civil discussion!

As for back on topic (sort of) one of my favourite films is Nightmare On Elm Street 2 where the traditional "female horror lead" is male and his girlfriend comes to the rescue. It's definitely interesting to see things changed around a bit sometimes.
low rated
BreOl72: Edit: (I usually never do this, but...)

I guess, this is why we can't have nice things... smh
Magmarock: Did you just... assume their gender?
Jokes aside I find it odd OP asked a loaded question and then got upset when they got the replies they got. The topic title alone would likely(and did likely) set some off on a tangent about such related topics by itself.

I would've asked something like "Is the CE figure the only option available/will CDPR add other options?" as a title.

GameRager: snip
HappyPunkPotato: Just been reading the thread about changing the rep system and if rating should be public. It's not so I've got to post this message to say +1 to you and thanks for a civil discussion!

As for back on topic (sort of) one of my favourite films is Nightmare On Elm Street 2 where the traditional "female horror lead" is male and his girlfriend comes to the rescue. It's definitely interesting to see things changed around a bit sometimes.
Thanks for the +1/thanks.

And yeah sometimes it is fun to mix stuff up and try new things(both as creators and consumers).
Post edited June 20, 2019 by GameRager
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
Whose gender did I allegedly assume?
BreOl72: Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
I believe that user was joking about the topic/thread title and being a bit crude about it.
BreOl72: Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
Just type what I said into google, you'll figure it out.
Magmarock: Just type what I said into google, you'll figure it out.
So, it's a meme.
Sorry, but I still don't get it. What has that meme to do with my thread?
low rated
Magmarock: Just type what I said into google, you'll figure it out.
BreOl72: So, it's a meme.
If I have to explain it there's no point.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by Magmarock
low rated
Magmarock: If I haven't to explain it there's no point.
Sorry, but after now three comments of yours, I can only come to one conclusion: you don't make any sense - and you don't want to make any sense.

I'll treat you as just another troll from now on, and ignore you.

Have a nice day.
Hopefully they can offer an alternate cover art for physical console versions like Mass Effect 3.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by breegull
BreOl72: So, it's a meme.
If what I know is correct, when you look at someone and say "he" or "she" that means you assume their gender. Furthermore, a GOG representative had tweeted "Did you just assume their gender" a while ago and had to remove it after strong backlash. My knowledge in the subject is limited so please someone correct me if I wrote something wrong and my apologies in advance.
Engerek01: If what I know is correct, when you look at someone and say "he" or "she" that means you assume their gender.
Well, thanks for trying to explain the problem at hand. But I still don't see the connection between my original post, which the user quoted, and that meme.

Nowhere in my post did I assume anyone's gender.

And the only spot where there is any gender even mentioned is this:
BreOl72: ...the male figure in the description of the CE...
And if I look at the statue (see attachment) there is not much room left for guessing. Especially since the statue is depicting the guy from the E3 video.

Edit: second pic.
Attachments:
statue.jpg (77 Kb)
statue1.jpg (139 Kb)
Post edited June 21, 2019 by BreOl72