It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A fresh DLC for the strategy simulation game from Mi-Clos Studio has just been released. Nigeria - Additional Nation is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. As the title implies, this African country is the new contender in this struggle for world domination.

Until 21st February 2020, 6 PM UTC, you can buy both Sigma Theory: Global Cold War and Nigeria - Additional Nation on GOG.COM with a 35% discount.
high rated
Hello freind

I have been directed by a comon friend to reahc to you in my hour of need.

I am prince Zwa' Mabili, and I'm in the direct line to succed the throne. Sadly my contry is in civil war and I won't be abel toreach global domination without my father's fortune.

I need your help. If you transfer to me US$200.000 I will give you one of the countries I will conquer by the end of next moonth

Please respond as sson as possible.

Best regards,
Prince Zwa' Mbaily
It's a smexy-looking game for sure but I'm not convinced the gameplay is all there. Last time I tried it in Early Access, iirc it wouldn't show you your success chance for operations. That's a cardinal sin in strategy games. Relying on RNGsus is already controversial for strategy games, but not knowing your odds makes it that much worse.
TentacleMayor: Relying on RNGsus is already controversial for strategy games, but not knowing your odds makes it that much worse.
On one hand I have no problem with randomness and even find it necessary, otoh I understand your concerns about the absence of odds. Moreover during exfiltration one doesn't see whether intelligence, strength or possibly just pure luck will be used. For example, sometimes you encounter security cameras, and have the choice to either try to hack them, which I suppose is a test against the intelligence attribute, or try to go through unnoticed, which I have difficulties considering a strength test. So I suppose there's some other luck attribute, or what ? That is unclear too.

However, in normal mode at least, after 2 or 3 games lost learning the basics (armageddon reached), the game doesn't seem very difficult and I've won all my subsequent games (considering I choose my country, spouse and agents randomly). And while the odds aren't clearly shown, it's rather clear what improves them in our favour. I suppose that not showing all that info is intentional because it would feel less RP, but it clearly has its drawbacks since it makes the game rules unclear. There's another possibility though, the non-cheating AI is too weak, which is somehow compensated by hiding some info to the human player.

That being said, I didn't try the last update with the addition of Nigeria. Maybe it has been updated in that respect too...
Post edited February 21, 2020 by NovHak
GOG.com: A fresh DLC for the strategy simulation game from Mi-Clos Studio has just been released. Nigeria - Additional Nation is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. As the title implies, this African country is the new contender in this struggle for world domination.

Until 21st February 2020, 6 PM UTC, you can buy both Sigma Theory: Global Cold War and Nigeria - Additional Nation on GOG.COM with a 35% discount.
I hate it when GOG releases a DLC without saying what it's for. Not that I'm going to add this to my wishlist but now if you search the store it doesn't say it's for ST. And if I see it among another search I have to first check it's not related to what I search for.
PromZA: I hate it when GOG releases a DLC without saying what it's for
Heck, I just realised it was a DLC and not an update to the base game. It seemed obvious to me that it couldn't be a DLC. Seriously...
PromZA: I hate it when GOG releases a DLC without saying what it's for
NovHak: Heck, I just realised it was a DLC and not an update to the base game. It seemed obvious to me that it couldn't be a DLC. Seriously...
What are you saying?