It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: It's this one: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=168847 :-)

I was looking for a Win7 icon set originally but I like this more.
Green_Hilltop: I see that many of the themes there say they are for Cinnamon, KDE or XFCE, does that mean you have to adjust something to make it work on MATE? Like one of the random themes I clicked on said that if you want to have it work on MATE, you have to adjust xx.
I haven't installed many themes myself so can't tell exactly regarding your question.

Azhdar: Excuse me, what is the best Linux distro for gaming (both performance and quality)?
As InkPanther said, Debian based distros are really good. Taking Linux Mint for example, I find that the MATE desktop has slightly better performance than Cinnamon, this is more noticeable on a low end system.
Azhdar: Excuse me, what is the best Linux distro for gaming (both performance and quality)?
Actually they should all perform more or less in the same range (unless you go with a really outdated version).
You might get a boost by using "bleeding edge" distributions like Arch Linux, Gentoo or Debian Sid, but these ones are a bit harder to use for a newcomer to the Linux world.

I personally use Debian Sid, but most Linux "hardcore" gamers seem to have a preference for Arch Linux (they usually get new versions of softwares, kernel and drivers before Debian Sid, at the cost of a lesser integration).
Post edited January 17, 2016 by vv221
Here's my latest i3 desktop.

Pretty minimalistic - nothing but a short conky script showing on an i3bar. First one shows Quake running with darkplaces.

Second one is just the empty desktop.
Attachments:
quake.jpg (163 Kb)
empty.jpg (341 Kb)
Ganni1987: snip...
vv221: snip...
Thanks. Useful info.
Green_Hilltop: I totally love your background on your desktop, is that Paphos? Where can I get those, I'd love to use them in my Win 7 background themes. :)

Thanks!
Actually, it's a picture of the island of Santorini. I found it via a Chrome extension which showed landscape pictures upon opening a new tab - I ended up not keeping that extension because I thought the selection of that one wasn't varied (I saw just some more pics of Santorini and some from Tuscany, Italy), so it took me a while to recall its name. It's "Dream Afar New Tab" and you can download any pics you see that you like by going to the bottom left corner of the new tab and clicking the icon with a downwards pointing arrow -this will allow you to save the pic to your pc. I'd attach the picture for you normally, but gog doesn't allow for big images to be attached so... Alternatively, if you don't want to download extensions and/or aren't interested in other pics but only this one, this particular pic can be found elsewhere too: Here are the google image search results for this pic (shortened by goo.gl)

Green_Hilltop: I see that many of the themes there say they are for Cinnamon, KDE or XFCE, does that mean you have to adjust something to make it work on MATE? Like one of the random themes I clicked on said that if you want to have it work on MATE, you have to adjust xx.
If you mean whether you can use a particular icon theme on several window environments without problems, from my own experience I think you can mostly do so without adjustments. I personally installed the Victory icon theme I saw from Ganni on separate Cinammon, MATE and Xfce virtual machines. It showed up fine on all of these without adjustments, although on Xfce it says that the image cache or something like that is missing but I haven't bothered fixing it, because the theme shows just fine despite that.
Now that I added a conky to my desktop there’s finally something to show on it ;)
Don’t look for a taskbar or something like it, I’ve no use for that. My custom-made desktop environment is mostly keyboard-driven.
Attachments:
desktop.jpg (319 Kb)
vv221: Now that I added a conky to my desktop there’s finally something to show on it ;)
Don’t look for a taskbar or something like it, I’ve no use for that. My custom-made desktop environment is mostly keyboard-driven.
Nice! What window manager are you using?
My clean desktop.
Attachments:
screen.jpg (414 Kb)
vv221: (…)
hummer010: Nice! What window manager are you using?
Openbox with the Crunchy theme (the green variation, to blend well with the Shiki-Colors theme I’m using for GTK2 and Qt4, and my assorted Gnome-Colors icon set).
You’ll find attached to this post a new screenshot with a couple windows open so you can see how it looks. Icons on the desktop are actually minimized windows.

Ambiance Crunchy Openbox theme
Shiki-Colors GTK2 theme
Gnome-Colors icon theme
Attachments:
Post edited January 19, 2016 by vv221
I've just committed the profane act of making my Linux desktop look like Windows 10.

Bloat sold separately*
Attachments:
desk.jpg (235 Kb)
Ganni1987: I've just committed the profane act of making my Linux desktop look like Windows 10.

Bloat sold separately*

http://static02.gog.com/upload/forum/2016/01/61cd1a6fe7605982427dd7c1d6000247635be17e.jpg
This is heresy!
Why would you do that?!
Post edited January 24, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Ganni1987: I've just committed the profane act of making my Linux desktop look like Windows 10.
You won’t fool anyone, your system is much too reactive to be a real Windows 10 ;)
this is my mac desktop LOL.
I know it's a linux tread, but I don't like any DE of linux... I really don't like KDE (too windows-like), I don't like to use Gnome (I like only the apparence), I don't like simple DE like Mate or cinnamon.... Unity it's ok, so I use that on linux... but I still prefer Aqua from osx.
http://i.imgur.com/gV0px2u.jpg
Post edited January 24, 2016 by LiefLayer
LiefLayer: this is my mac desktop LOL.
I know it's a linux tread, but I don't like any DE of linux... I really don't like KDE (too windows-like), I don't like to use Gnome (I like only the apparence), I don't like simple DE like Mate or cinnamon.... Unity it's ok, so I use that on linux... but I still prefer Aqua from osx.
http://i.imgur.com/gV0px2u.jpg
Have you tried Deepin?
Maighstir: Have you tried Deepin?
No, this is actually really nice.
The only thing I'm not so sure, it is the compatibility.
On Linux I tried many distro, but the most compatible so far was ubuntu.
Anyway deepin has a site really well done, one of the few in the field of Linux distro... I'm going to try it.