It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

suomainen: Since in € it isn`t that much, i would say that i don`t care. But who knows for how long (thanks to the dumb euro crisis), so i think 5 $ would be a fair and good price.
I don't care either way, was just saying that GOG should get something for the extra stuff they add to the games.
suomainen: Since in € it isn`t that much, i would say that i don`t care. But who knows for how long (thanks to the dumb euro crisis), so i think 5 $ would be a fair and good price.
SimpleUser: I don't care either way, was just saying that GOG should get something for the extra stuff they add to the games.
Maybe they should seperate the prices for the games and the bonuses.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by suomainen
SimpleUser: A cheaper price but without the freebies - wallpapers, avatars etc
That'd be awesome for me, cheaper games all round. Those things don't do anything for me.
SimpleUser: I don't care either way, was just saying that GOG should get something for the extra stuff they add to the games.
suomainen: The subject of price is always a tricky one. All things being equal a reduction in price usually means only one winner!

Maybe they should seperate the prices for the games and the bonuses.
SimpleUser: A cheaper price but without the freebies - wallpapers, avatars etc
Pheace: That'd be awesome for me, cheaper games all round. Those things don't do anything for me.
No. Bonuses are free - free for you, free for the rightsholder. They do not generate demand by themselves. The rightsholder expects the game to sell for X bucks per license. If a stripped edition is offered, people will mostly buy the stripped edition, and prices will rise. Hypothetical illustrative example:
"Hey GOG, would you sell our game for $10?"
"Sure! That'll be $7 for the base game and $3 for extras."
"Uh-huh. How many people buy extras?"
"About 15%."
"So that'll be $7.45 per license. Errr nevermind, make that $10 for the base game and $3 for the extras."
Pheace: That'd be awesome for me, cheaper games all round. Those things don't do anything for me.
Starmaker: No. Bonuses are free - free for you, free for the rightsholder. They do not generate demand by themselves. The rightsholder expects the game to sell for X bucks per license. If a stripped edition is offered, people will mostly buy the stripped edition, and prices will rise. Hypothetical illustrative example:
"Hey GOG, would you sell our game for $10?"
"Sure! That'll be $7 for the base game and $3 for extras."
"Uh-huh. How many people buy extras?"
"About 15%."
"So that'll be $7.45 per license. Errr nevermind, make that $10 for the base game and $3 for the extras."
OK, makes sense. As long it`s "value for money" i don`t care about 1 or 2 $ more or lesser.
I'd love to see the "Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics" released here but they are currently being sold elsewhere for $2.99 or $4.99 each depending on the game.

Vote for Sega classics on the wishlist:

Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle
Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Columns III
Comix Zone
Crack Down
DecapAttack
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco Jr.
Ecco The Dolphin
Ecco: The Tides Of Time
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Galaxy Force II
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker: The Treasures Of King Nole
Light Crusader
Phantasy Star
Phantasy Star II: The End Of The Lost Age
Phantasy Star III: Generations Of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret Of Shinobi
Shining Force: The Legacy Of Great Intention
Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
Shining In The Darkness
Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Space Harrier
Space Harrier II
Streets Of Rage
Streets Of Rage 2
Streets Of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Sword Of Vermilion
ToeJam & Earl
ToeJam & Earl In Panic On Funkotron
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Barry_Woodward
I agree, and I actually think some of the GOG games are more expensive than the same games on other sites even at $5.99
Yes.

Maybe another price group below the current 5,99€ could be created, say 3,99€?
Yes & voted (the site feature).
Post edited September 10, 2012 by Thespian*
Each game in the X-COM series regularly sells for $4.99, vote for them on the wishlist:

X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror From The Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense
Post edited September 11, 2012 by Barry_Woodward
Vote for more games that fall short of the $5.99 cutoff:

The Basement Collection - $3.99
Dungeons Of Dredmor - $4.99
Home - $2.99
Oniken - $4.99
The Shivah - $4.99
Tobe's Vertical Adventure - $4.99
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Barry_Woodward
Dark Void Zero - $4.99
Dead Pixels - $2.99
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved - $3.99
McPixel - $4.99
Noitu Love 2: Devolution - $4.99
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - $4.99
Sonic CD - $4.99
Super Hexagon - $2.99
Thirty Flights Of Loving - $4.99
Toki Tori - $4.99
Post edited February 01, 2013 by Barry_Woodward
Home would be better suited for a flash game site IMO. It was short, the plot wasn't anything special, and the graphics weren't either (I know I know, it's an artistic choice but still). The gameplay was cut down to a minimum too.

I wouldn't pay anything for it. Glad I got it from a giveaway for free. If GOG introduced Home, that's what the price should be: zero dollars.

Barry_Woodward: Home - $2.99
Post edited February 01, 2013 by DProject
Barry_Woodward: Each game in the X-COM series regularly sells for $4.99, vote for them on the wishlist:

X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror From The Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense
GOG could bundle these or just bump each one up a dollar. I think something else is keeping these off the site.

Also, I prefer that GOG not just allow any old game on its site. That may keep the Humongous Entertainment classics away, but I think it's smart to be careful what shows up here, especially in terms of indie titles because so many are appearing so quickly.
Post edited February 01, 2013 by tfishell