It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are many great games that sell for under $5.99. I'd hate to think GOG is passing on quality games just because of their price. What do you think?

Vote for this site feature:

Regular price points below $5.99!

Vote for these worthy games with price points below $5.99:

Ben There, Dan That! / Time Gentlemen, Please! ($4.99)
The Binding Of Isaac ($4.99)
Breath Of Death VII: The Beginning / Cthulhu Saves The World ($2.99)
The Misadventures Of P.B. Winterbottom ($4.99)
Samorost / Samorost 2 ($4.99)
VVVVVV ($4.99)
Wizorb ($2.99)
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Barry_Woodward
yes, Binding of Isaac is the best example. I'd like to have it here.
They should. There's no reason for price points to go only up... (it's even bad for PR)

Plenty of good games that could be sold for 2.99 or 3.99
SLP2000: yes, Binding of Isaac is the best example. I'd like to have it here.
btw. Binding of Isaac is DRM free on Steam. You don't need to have steam launched to play it.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by keeveek
I think they should. I mean, they already allow price points well over the original $10 maximum. Why not allow prices under $5?
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't add lower price points, especially now that the strict $5.99/$9.99 system is a thing of the past. Some games in the catalog like the Zork Anthology are overpriced even at $5.99.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by spindown
Absolutely. I find Gog's rigid price points pretty bizarre.
Certainly one of the first things I thought of when I heard about the new pricepoints, but I guess that's a consumer perspective rather than the business perspective.
It would be nice, but they don't have plans to do so, from what I know.

(But I voted in hopes of them doing so.)
Post edited September 06, 2012 by adambiser
Voted and good idea

Definitely would like to see those games on here, and the price point below $5.99 would be a nice incentive to buy.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by EverettLamb
I would love to see some old text adventures from the '80s. But many of them can't really be bundled and selling them for 5.99$ would put most people off.

So, yes. Low and dirty.
SimonG: I would love to see some old text adventures from the '80s. But many of them can't really be bundled and selling them for 5.99$ would put most people off.

So, yes. Low and dirty.
And some ASCII Roguelikes, hell yeah!
Yes, definitely

Games like Personal nightmare and Waxworks have to be 3-4 dollars, not 6

This could also open up the possibilities of selling very old games separately here for a couple of dollars

Voted
Transarctica - $2.99
keeveek: They should. There's no reason for price points to go only up... (it's even bad for PR)
This.

Have they decladed on how they estimate game value? I think their former and current price system is pretty bizarre. That 6 or 10$ seemed quite random and the new indies arriving here seems to be overpriced compared to other places especially GG or Steam that may have had the games on numerous sales already.
I would love this, but I question how it should be done.

Technically, they already go below every single week (sales).

But I think a new constant pricepoint might confuse some. Would this be a "bargain bin"? What would justify the lower point? In other words, it sounds like it might almost be a contradiction to say, "we only allow quality games"... "these games aren't worth much". (more or less).

I know they turned down the Delaware St. John series, but don't know why. If quality was the issue, this would be great to sell cheaper (although slightly contradictory). If the dev wanted too much, this wouldn't solve anything.