It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: @Joe. Why did you claim LL immediately and not wait to see what I do? Were you sure I'm Liberal, or just didn't think about it?
Hum. I can't remember now. Yeah, I thought you were probably liberal, and I also thought telling the truth would seem more liberal. I didn't expect it to make the difference it did ;)
@Pooka please post the order of the deck both before and after the shuffle, it would help us analyze how the game went now having all the information that only you were privy of. Like we would actually know who dropped what
Post edited January 28, 2020 by joppo
ZFR: @Pooka, thanks for hosting. Nice flavour. Did you have all the cards preshuffled? What where the next 6 policies in this deck? If we topped once and I picked GR?
Thanks! Flavor was written on the fly, no planning or anything. In retrospect I should have provided the characters more traits, especially in the ending, but well, it is done.

As for the deck and the game, I answered this and more in the text file I linked, so you might want to check it out. That said, I actually generated the game from before sign-ups ended, that includes the fascist formation and the deck. The second deck can't be "pre-shuffled" as the script needs the first deck to be completely played out so that it can say what the second deck is like.

Deck 1:
FLF - FLF - FLF - FLL - LFF - FF

Deck 2:
FLF - FFF - FFL - FFF

As I have told RW, the last draw of the first deck and the first draw of the second deck were lied about. Had scene had his way for the top-deck twice strategy, he would've gotten through an L for an instant victory. He just lacked the ability to persuade the liberals into believing the reward was worth the risk.

joppo: Aw man, you should have joined me there. It was cool talking to Pooka and putting my thoughts on "paper", but Pooka couldn't tell me a lot of things they knew. Also it's good to have someone to bounce ideas from.
Same! Shoulda added a voice in the observer. Fun fact: I actually created the observer thread after Joppo asked about it, and it was like a couple days after the game started. Speaking of, Joppo, do you think I did well in not giving away anything I definitely knew?

And this is for everyone: how was my moderation? Do you think I messed up at any point in time?
joppo: Lift was the easiest of them. Despite his forum title the RNG loves putting him in the scum team so I had him there from the start. :-)
That is unfortunately true for Secret Hitler. After joking about always being Fascist pre-game, the RNG made me Fascist again, of course. :-)
PookaMustard: Same! Shoulda added a voice in the observer. Fun fact: I actually created the observer thread after Joppo asked about it, and it was like a couple days after the game started. Speaking of, Joppo, do you think I did well in not giving away anything I definitely knew?
You definitely hid your mod knowledge pretty well. Even if I proposed a theory and later a very opposing theory they were both discussed as viable so I could never discern one as closer to the truth than the other. It must be hard to make yourself properly analyze scenarios that are based on something you know isn't true.
I've gotta say I enjoyed watching this game. It was fun to assess the motives behind posts that could be ridden with lies and you get to discern the actual intent.

I also learned a lot for when I eventually get a chance to play. So far I think I'm getting the gist of playing as liberal as anyone can see in the QT. Next time I hope I can put myself in a fascist's shoes to learn to play like one, too.
supplementscene:
As someone who didn't have a horse in this race, you can be sure I'm impartial when I say I have to endorse Lift's post-game recommendations to you. You did have a pretty good instinct and that was your best quality to help your team.However, your flawed use of statistics undermine your arguments. If that's not your strong suit just leave them out or it will work against you. You can see how both ZFR and RW who now you're sure were also liberals kept pointing flaws in your arguments.

It also didn't help that you flip-flopped some positions without telling what made you change your mind like when pointing GR for chancellor suddenly went from being your recommendation to being a bad pick.

By the end of the game you couldn't get any of your teammates to work with you. You knew that electing Joe was a bad idea, but... have you ever heard of a Cassandra Truth?

Also, please don't hold the fact that topdecking this time would mean a liberal victory as if it were the perfect strategy. It so happened that the cards were in a good position for it to work when it was somewhat improbable they would. In fact, there is no perfect strategy as long as you're not sure of the alignment of all the players that will step into the office, all you can do is maximize your chances and in this case I think not TDing was less of a risk. Your team would win if you had managed to keep Joe out of the office.
Here's a thought - if ZFR had offered me an F in the 4th government there's a good chance I'd have bottled and taken it, which would have been very valuable for the liberals.

If there are already two Ls on the board passing LL is a good move, but in a 0 F position perhaps it's more valuable to draw out conflict...

maybe
Ahh, well done team Hitler! Joe told me his dirty secret on Saturday so I've been rooting for him (and considering bringing a cattle prod into the thread to speed the game up).
joppo: Lift was the easiest of them. Despite his forum title the RNG loves putting him in the scum team so I had him there from the start. :-)
Lifthrasil: That is unfortunately true for Secret Hitler. After joking about always being Fascist pre-game, the RNG made me Fascist again, of course. :-)
Oh right, after a while I realized that RFG should probably be liberal because he was too quiet to be from a team that thrives in chaos and he couldn't be hitler or he would be posting enough to raise his chances to enter government. But the few times he was brought up you didn't pass the chance to shade him a little. That was also a scum tell for me, tho it was long after I had posted my predictions of course.

Just out of curiosity, you picked Joe in a government that was doomed not to pass in an attempt to tell him you were his buddy right?

SirPrimalform: Ahh, well done team Hitler! Joe told me his dirty secret on Saturday so I've been rooting for him (and considering bringing a cattle prod into the thread to speed the game up).
You should have joined me in the QT as well, mate
PookaMustard: GAME OVER.

The Fascist Party has won!
Hitler (JoeSapphire) has been elected as Chancellor!
His fascist buddies were Lifthrasil and GameRager.
Finally I helped my side win one(well that I can remember). :D
============================================================

JoeSapphire: Pre-post edit. Nevermind.

Gamerager we can crack out that champagne now
See link above. ;D :)

JoeSapphire: oh man I was sure you were my final fascist!
Tbh i'm shocked you didn't divine Lift's obviously fascist leanings given his various posts near the end trying to act as non fascist as possible. ;)

(Pre post edit: And my one post after your investigation, as Lift stated in Post 741)

JoeSapphire: We were lucky with cards and placement. I think gamerager did a great job - I was surprised to discover he was fascist in the investigation. I spent the whole game dreading I'd have to fake conflict with someone so I wimped out on a couple of chances, but then the cards played out in our favour.
Yeah, I was gonna pass F cards initially but knew that would lose us the game if I outed myself too early, so I bided by time and passed along/passed a few Ls at first then the F card to hopefully make myself seem F enough to you to get investigated/noticed by you.

JoeSapphire: Should have listened to scene guys! :)
Yup....he was right....albeit due to his unique play style I thin k he got it more by chance due to suspecting anyone that aligned with his meta play as a likely fascist....still WTG SCENE for almost getting us. :)
=====================================================

RWarehall: I'm shocked GameRager didn't conflict the 3rd government. He really should have, but that misstep made me worry he was your Hitler, not the other way around.
I was trying to look extra liberal, knowing if I did such(given my mafia game record of getting suspected easily) i'd likely have been outed....it seems to have worked, thankfully.

Lifthrasil: But GR told you it was me, after you investigated him. He said something like 'I think lift is as liberal as I am' ;-)
Yup...I left several hints to try to get Joe to notice I was a fellow fascist.....some clever, some not so clever. I will be posting a full list of musings on posts/my thought & game play processes in a bit, actually. :)

Done to post 741.....will reply to more in a bit, and then post my thoughts/musings/notes.
PookaMustard: Mixed reviews didn't stop Grimsby from holding an exquisite banquet along with his main actors and even the ones Puzzlemaster brought too, who starred in the final movie as side characters. Chickens, beefs, hams, all kinds of expensive meats.

The movie was playing during the banquet. The village's soldiers fell one by one in front of the enemy soldiers as dramatic music was playing. The tone immediately shifted as Zenefredi and Captain Sapphire appeared on screen, shouting their signature attacks before poorly rendered effects took over the screen. A couple of the soldiers flew off the screen, while the remaining were punched by the heroes as exciting rock music took over.

"We done well, boys." Grimsby cracked open the champagne bottle next to him. "Oh Shadow, champagne is very special. Don't just crack it open randomly."

"I was-"

"Yes, I know you were hungry. We couldn't afford it, right Puzzlemaster?"

"I...I-I-I'm surprised what you managed to do with the budget. Guess you're staying?" Puzzlemaster held his glass of champagne.

"Indeed. If only to keep this studio from collapsing."

"Pffft whatever, the studio almost collapsed cause of you."

"It definitely did." Grimsby said mockingly.

Bookwyrm broke in, followed by Beatrice.

"Huh, you missed out the banquet, Book."

"I got news that may interest you- huh where's my FOOD!?" he rushed over to his plate, which was halfway ravaged by a very hungry Shadow.
Thanks for adding this flavor...I didn't think you'd actually do it so yay! :D

(Also yeah, I almost blew it by popping the champagne early.....almost cost us the game....I wonder how many noticed that accidental scum tell? o.0)
=================================================================

RedFireGaming: Well, congratulations to the winners.
Yup...and sorry for hoodwinking ya...I had to do it as scum, ya see. I DO hope(seriously) you get better and can play with us again some time. :)
=================================================================

RWarehall: Were there any L's actually discarded? Like GameRager in the 5th government or Joe?
I did, otherwise my chancellor would've picked the last L and the game would've been over. I was a bit bored at that point and thought it might be fun to give the liberals a victory for the fun of it, but I also wanted to win for me and my team(despite my mainly playing for fun).
====================================================

supplementscene: Well done fascists.
Thank you. :)

supplementscene: Although you didn't have to be that obvious. Although perhaps that worked in your favour because ZFR and RW went with your reasoning over my own.
Eh, I don't think some of us were....I think it's mainly that you got lucky due to your play style(though yes I could be somewhat wrong).

ZFR: I did twice. Finally I just said screw it, let it end one way or another.
Tbh I don't think it would've mattered much....all of us fascists would obviously vote for ourselves to win, and we only needed two other votes(if my math is right) to win.....even with you and scene choosing/maybe choosing no we would've still been likely to win, I think.

Still, fun game everyone. :)

ZFR: Good game, guys. Especially GameRager.
I did good(bad) this time? :D :D :D

Lifthrasil: Yes. When he played his second L policy I was quite worried that that might cost us the victory. But in the end it worked.
I wanted to be extra liberal seeming and not tip my/our hand too early. :)

Done to post 761....almost done. :D
RWarehall: That's actually what made Joe look like a normal Fascist and not Hitler...as it turned out. His unorthodox play threw me off. Because no ordinary Fascist is going to normally let the game go to 4L, especially if Hitler is in the 4L group and has to pass it. It made Joe look like the Fascist trying to pass through Hitler.
=====================================

ZFR: @GR, very good game. As RW had mentioned, you had me fooled when you passed the second L. I'd have expected RW to make such a gutsy move, but not you.
Thanks. As I said a bit already(to others) I felt if I had played an F policy and not the 4th L policy we would've been better off F policy count wise but i'd have been more suspect at an earlier point.....had to think ahead and play that 4D chess while hoping it paid off. :)

(That plus if we lost I would've been ok with it as having fun was a higher priority than playing it safe/winning at all costs)

=========================================

joppo: The one who got me completely fooled until the end was GR. That was amazing play from him. He was liberal all over in my eyes. I kept smelling a fascist sometimes in micro, RW, Scene until he exploded, even ZFR. But never GR. Well done, mate.
Thanks.....the bad thing about it, though, is now people will be wary I might be fascist if I ever play again/pass more L policies. o.0 ;D

Also to you/all: It's ironic...when I am actually a fascist/scum in SH I played well enough to fool a good number of players.....isn't that odd? o.0
===============================================

PookaMustard: And this is for everyone: how was my moderation? Do you think I messed up at any point in time?
You were strict, but fair, and you added some good flavor....so no complaints from me...well done. :)
================================================

Done with replies....I will post my musings/notes/etc in a bit/4th post. :)
@Pooka: Some notes first on your notes that you linked to re: me and others -

Game start: Yeah being scum and first president put me on the spot and at first I was like "Well crap....I hope they don't mind us losing if I flub it"...then I got into it for the fun of it(the game that is) and rolled with whatever came my way. :)

Dec 29th: I nominated RW as I wanted to be random and also not be too obvious.

Jan 2nd: I never intended to pass along two F policies....given my being suspected easily due to my play style in such games(mafia/etc) I knew that would set off alarm bells with everyone not on my team, so I passed an L and an F.

(Also it's Jan 2nd, not Jan 2th in your formatting)

Jan 5th: Just a musing, but Rocket Power FTW. :D

(Also Goofy Movie 2 is pretty good if you haven't watched it)

Jan 8th: I knew I had to do so else risk losing for my team....even though I didn't have winning as my main goal, I didn't want to outright do everything to cause us to lose. :)

Jan 10th: Lol, nope on the F card enacting.....it would've set off alarm bells, as I said above....and it also seems to have worked. ;)

Jan 11th: It still worked, now didn't it? :)

(Also you missed the second 1 in 11th)

Jan 16th: I never forgot....as I said above, winning wasn't my main concern, and the parts of me that made me want to win also knew that playing too risky/obvious would be red flags to the liberals.

Supplementscene failed govt: I had an idea we might have a chance if I dropped the L card at some point so I saved it for when needed...it seems to have worked. :)

Jan 23rd: I was playing for fun more than winning, but I also wanted my fellow team mates to win and not just lose the game on purpose for them.....so I passed FF to RW.

As for playing all yes votes.....it was to have fun(my main goal, as I said), a bit of sticking to it as I had done it so far(it became a thing after a point, though I was prepared to break it if need be), and only a tiny bit to make my pivotal votes look less suspect if need be.

Jan 26th: When Joe found out, did he say anything to you via PM? Or did he suspect me before that? Curious minds want to know. :D

ZFR nominates Hitler: That comment....lol.

Jan 28th: I planned at first to play the game in a silly style, but then decided to go whole hog and play a bit more to win...that said I passed or played L policies and saved passing F policies until there was no other option.....it seems to have worked. :)

And yeah, I almost lost as I jumped the gun(I mis-remembered the rules)...thankfully either no one noticed that post, or they did and hand waved it off. :)
==================================================

Done for now....now just gotta compile my own thoughts/musings in a 5th post...sorry for all the posts, everyone. :)
GameRager: (Also yeah, I almost blew it by popping the champagne early.....almost cost us the game....I wonder how many noticed that accidental scum tell? o.0)
hahahahaha it was my favourite part of the game. I was like 'is no-one seeing this??' :D