It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR is now president and must pick a chancellor. The chancellor cannot be anyone who was part of the previous government (rtcvb32).
Post edited February 14, 2019 by zeogold
supplementscene: So let's say you're Liberal. It makes Joe unlikely to be Hitler by proxie.
ZFR: How? As a Liberal I have no idea who Hitler is. How does that make Joe unlikely to be Hitler by proxy? Just because a liberal selected him?
Because my theory is Scum try to get Hitler into play very early. If you aren't Scum, then Joe's chance of being Hitler drops to 1/9. That's low odds. Then when I consider that I find Lift scummy, then Joe picks up more Lib points.

Do you think Joe is Scum? Or Lift?

supplementscene: Yes I believe in maths and probability

Google 'OMGUS'. That's your current symptom if you're Liberal. Here I'll link you

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

Otherwise you're Scum. Not sure which
blotunga: You're trying to turn 60% 3F chances into 0% 3F. Come on dude.
At this stage you're beyond reason and I'm moving you to the children's table because that maths isn't close to the reality.

Even Lift who I suspect as Scum has told you that you're odds don't stack up. So if you are the same team as him (you want him as Chancellor remember), well even he thinks you're talking nonsense. Think about that for a minute.

Also I have pointed you to a psychological symptom of this game you're suffering from and you've ignored it. I will state again google: 'Oh my god you suck' mafia. Because if you are liberal you are making a mistake.

Because whether you're Liberal or Fascist you can't follow a chain of logic. If you're Fascist this could be faked. If you're Liberal then god help you.
ZFR: I have metagame reasons to believe he's Liberal, but I'm not taking the risk.
Is it because I am... Supercool™?

Hitler, he is not... Supercool™.
Oh, I'm a bit surprised that ZFR suggests me as chancellor. But I'm totally fine with that. Together we can bring home the fourth L policy and be very close to winning afterwards. But I guess some are strongly opposed to me in a government and we shouldn't risk that this government gets down-voted. Because yes, as far as I know it does count into the next '3 downvoted governments in a row' rule. So if this government gets downvoted, we would have to make either flubb or Joe President to avoid a random policy before it circles back to ZFR. And I don't want that.
So I'm also fine with your second choice, ZFR. Scene is giving off some scummy vibes, true, but if you give him a choice and he passes an F, you just kill him and we'll have eliminated one Fascist. (Same would go for me, of course, if I were a Fascist) And if he's a Liberal who is just being Scene, then we're fine anyhow. So I'll go along with either nomination. But of course I would prefer being Chancellor myself!
Lifthrasil: Because yes, as far as I know it does count into the next '3 downvoted governments in a row' rule. So if this government gets downvoted, we would have to make either flubb or Joe President to avoid a random policy before it circles back to ZFR. And I don't want that.
That's a risk I don't want to take. So can we have a quick poll.

@everyone, please answer how you'd vote
Chancellor Lift
Chancellor scene

I'm Yes to both
Lifthrasil: Because yes, as far as I know it does count into the next '3 downvoted governments in a row' rule. So if this government gets downvoted, we would have to make either flubb or Joe President to avoid a random policy before it circles back to ZFR. And I don't want that.
ZFR: That's a risk I don't want to take. So can we have a quick poll.

Chancellor Lift
Chancellor scene

I'm Yes to both
I’m probably no to both. As I told Joe earlier I found Lift to be the scum between them and I don’t see a reason to take a chance on puting possible scum into the chancellor position. As for Scene I have voted no for him already for president and see no reason to vote yes for chancellor. I’d say put me in as chancellor and I’ll pass an L if it’s passed to me.
If those two are our picks then Lift. Scene is just too damn vehement about those damn odds of his imagining.

Chancellor Lift
Chancellor scene

I'm Yes to both
trentonlf: I’m probably no to both. As I told Joe earlier I found Lift to be the scum between them and I don’t see a reason to take a chance on puting possible scum into the chancellor position. As for Scene I have voted no for him already for president and see no reason to vote yes for chancellor. I’d say put me in as chancellor and I’ll pass an L if it’s passed to me.
At this stage electing Hitler is much more dangerous than passing another F. Liberal wins happen either by passing policies or assassinating Hitler, but fascist wins happen usually due to Hitler election, rarely due to policy passing.

Remember fascist policies give us veto power. If by that time we have ousted fascists, we've practically won.

So at this stage, I'm more worried about electing Hitler. Can you convince me you're not Hitler? You've passed a liberal policy, at the beginning which is consistent with what Hitler would've done.
As I said, I wouldn't trust myself not to be Hitler at this stage (if I had not known my alignment). 2 liberal policies still can mean Hitler.

I am open to other ideas though.

blotunga: If those two are our picks then Lift. Scene is just too damn vehement about those damn odds of his imagining.
Those are not our only picks. I'm open to ideas if you have better suggestions.

Actually, blotunga is another pick I might consider.
I don't see him being likely Hitler. Not the way it was played.

So please give your vots on Lift, scene, blotunga. Plus any other ideas.
trentonlf: I’m probably no to both. As I told Joe earlier I found Lift to be the scum between them and I don’t see a reason to take a chance on puting possible scum into the chancellor position. As for Scene I have voted no for him already for president and see no reason to vote yes for chancellor. I’d say put me in as chancellor and I’ll pass an L if it’s passed to me.
ZFR: At this stage electing Hitler is much more dangerous than passing another F. Liberal wins happen either by passing policies or assassinating Hitler, but fascist wins happen usually due to Hitler election, rarely due to policy passing.

Remember fascist policies give us veto power. If by that time we have ousted fascists, we've practically won.

So at this stage, I'm more worried about electing Hitler. Can you convince me you're not Hitler? You've passed a liberal policy, at the beginning which is consistent with what Hitler would've done.
As I said, I wouldn't trust myself not to be Hitler at this stage (if I had not known my alignment). 2 liberal policies still can mean Hitler.

I am open to other ideas though.

blotunga: If those two are our picks then Lift. Scene is just too damn vehement about those damn odds of his imagining.
ZFR: Those are not our only picks. I'm open to ideas if you have better suggestions.

Actually, blotunga is another pick I might consider.
I don't see him being likely Hitler. Not the way it was played.

So please give your vots on Lift, scene, blotunga. Plus any other ideas.
I’m not Hitler. Does that convince you? Of course not, and there’s nothing I can do or say other than that at this point. I’ve only been in office once, but as you said it was early on and a L policy was going to probably be passed If it was possible at that point no matter who was in office. So you’ll have to make a judgement call.

I’ll put it this way, if it’s going to be worse for us to pass on another government then I’ll probably say yes to whoever you nominate as chancellor, but the only person I trust as chancellor is me. Anyone else as chancellor is a crap shoot in my eyes.
trentonlf: I’m not Hitler. Does that convince you? Of course not, and there’s nothing I can do or say other than that at this point.
I think the likelihood of you being Hitler, is about the same as this is suited for a PBP thread that takes way too long getting nowhere.
While I understand the game is slow, can we please stop complaining about it. It's been mentioned enough times.

I,m rnjoying it.
trentonlf: ............

Anyone else as chancellor is a crap shoot in my eyes.
Agreed.

I'm a NO Vote for any player as chancellor except me or blotunga.

Chancellor Lift
Chancellor scene

I'm Yes to both
Do you mind mediating regarding Blotunga and the odds of one of Pooka/Lift being Scum?

I might have to go no on Lift. I tend to think he's Scum

On the other hand it wastes a Liberal Presidency that we might at least get info from. IE if F policy is passed we get information. And I could be wrong about him anyway

I think there's a chance Blotunga is Hitler for reasons I've explained already

trentonlf: ............

Anyone else as chancellor is a crap shoot in my eyes.
flubbucket: Agreed.

I'm a NO Vote for any player as chancellor except me or blotunga.
Why, is he Hitler?
supplementscene: Why, is he Hitler?
I'm not Hitler, regardless I'm also curious why only me flub?

I don't think I'd play the same as hitler honestly. I've had some pretty aggressive ideas, which did not turn out that well, I admit, but I was trying to think strategically.
ZFR: @everyone, please answer how you'd vote
Chancellor Lift
Chancellor scene

I'm Yes to both
#metoo