It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok, I think I'm going to nominate RTCB. I think that fascists wouldn't want to avoid being in a government even with a L president like I am at this point. There still is a chance that he is Hitler, but if I pass him a FL, regardless, he will have to pass a L. Then he can be our next president with ZFR as chancellor.
Any thoughts on this? Especially from RTCB and ZFR, but also I would like to know if others are onboard with this.
blotunga: Ok, I think I'm going to nominate RTCB. I think that fascists wouldn't want to avoid being in a government even with a L president like I am at this point. There still is a chance that he is Hitler, but if I pass him a FL, regardless, he will have to pass a L. Then he can be our next president with ZFR as chancellor.
Any thoughts on this? Especially from RTCB and ZFR, but also I would like to know if others are onboard with this.
I already stated 'RTCVB is either illogical or Hitler'. Because of this I can't vote him into power even before 3F
supplementscene: I already stated 'RTCVB is either illogical or Hitler'. Because of this I can't vote him into power even before 3F
Would you prefer flub? Would others prefer flub? He's hard to read so I have really no idea what to think about him.
supplementscene: On the other hand I don't like Blotunga dominating the Chancellor picks. That seems slightly Scummy and I'm not sure that I intend to vote for him. I have to think about that one.
I forgot to answer this: I had no intention of dominating the chancellor picks, but nobody else had a plan. So I came up with one of testing someone from the next group of 3 possible presidents. It's not perfect, but I think it's a better plan than ie: randomly selecting joe in round 1 or trent wanting to nominate someone very far in the list of presidential candidates.
ZFR: Theorem: Pooka and Lift can't be both scum (barring bad play on Pooka's part)
supplementscene: I think I posted most of this without underlining things. It all makes sense,
You didn't really. See:

supplementscene: Ofcourse there is the possibility you, Pooka and Blotunga are all fascist. Because Blotunga did nominate you early on if I remember rightly. I suppose if you are Liberal that could have been him buddying upto you
My theory basically says that this can't be. The rest were just corollaries.

Lifthrasil: When trent shot that argument down and reminded ZFR, how that nomination came to pass, ZFR just says nonchalantly 'Yea, but the feeling remains'. That is a very weak argument.
I said the same thing back when the issue first appeared: this is just a gut feeling. I'm not denying it's a weak argument and when the situation becomes urgent, I'll reanalyze my position. You yourself have said you have a gut feeling against me...

blotunga: Any thoughts on this? Especially from RTCB and ZFR, but also I would like to know if others are onboard with this.
I think everyone had put input into this already. Make your choice.

(not saying you're scum, but I don't like scum "asking for opinions" only to make it seem like the decision they made wasn't theirs but "that's what the others wanted".)
Lifthrasil: When trent shot that argument down and reminded ZFR, how that nomination came to pass, ZFR just says nonchalantly 'Yea, but the feeling remains'. That is a very weak argument.
ZFR: I said the same thing back when the issue first appeared: this is just a gut feeling. I'm not denying it's a weak argument and when the situation becomes urgent, I'll reanalyze my position. You yourself have said you have a gut feeling against me...
I did? Where?

Hint: I didn't. You got that backwards. My gut feeling is that you're liberal and I stated repeatedly, that you're one of the more trusted players and that the safe government would be if blotunga nominates you. The only thing making me wary of you is, that you nominated Joe, whom I know to be Fascist, at the start of the game. That would fit a fascist trying to help his Hitler getting some early liberal credit. After all we only have your word that you used random.org. Although it does fit your normal D1 modus operandi.

@blotunga: with rtcvb having already stated that he isn't invested in the game at all, after previously saying that he doesn't want to be in a government, I would prefer some different chancellor after all. I'll probably vote yes nonetheless on the chance that he's Hitler who might have to pass an L, given the chance. However, I would prefer if you nominate someone else. But it's your choice.
ZFR: I said the same thing back when the issue first appeared: this is just a gut feeling. I'm not denying it's a weak argument and when the situation becomes urgent, I'll reanalyze my position. You yourself have said you have a gut feeling against me...
Lifthrasil: I did? Where?
Here:

ZFR: @Lift, why did you choose blotunga instead of me?
Lifthrasil: He's closer to presidency than you and there is still an element of testing in this. I'm quite confident that blotunga is Liberal. But if I'm wrong I would like to know before it is his turn to be president. Also, not based on any facts or actual observations, I would put him a little bit higher on the 'probably liberal' scale. I can't really put a finger on why since you both make sensible arguments and have acted liberal so far. ... Maybe it's just a leftover of my dislike of the 'random.org' nomination of Joe. *shrug* Sorry, if that doesn't make sense.
For me, "can't put my finger on" is exactly that: gut feeling.

Lifthrasil: You got that backwards. My gut feeling is that you're liberal and I stated repeatedly, that you're one of the more trusted players
I think you got it backwards. You feeling that I'm liberal is not a gut feeling since it's based on the fact that I was part of 2 liberal governments. Granted I'm not 100% cleared by any means, but there are actual reasons why you and other people trust me that you "can put your finger on".
Lifthrasil: He's closer to presidency than you and there is still an element of testing in this. I'm quite confident that blotunga is Liberal. But if I'm wrong I would like to know before it is his turn to be president. Also, not based on any facts or actual observations, I would put him a little bit higher on the 'probably liberal' scale. I can't really put a finger on why since you both make sensible arguments and have acted liberal so far. ... Maybe it's just a leftover of my dislike of the 'random.org' nomination of Joe. *shrug* Sorry, if that doesn't make sense.
ZFR: For me, "can't put my finger on" is exactly that: gut feeling.
OK. But that still isn't a gut feeling against you. I still rate you on the liberal side. It's just that I feel blotunga was even more liberal than you. Yes, that's a gut feeling too. About blotunga. You rating that as 'gut feeling against you' is a bit strange.
Lifthrasil: My gut feeling is that you're liberal and I stated repeatedly
ZFR: but there are actual reasons why you and other people trust me that you "can put your finger on".
Hmmm.... Been doing a bit of research myself into personality types. Some people just will know things that they have no way of learning or knowing, or feeling the emotions of others. There's also some personalities that naturally attract people to dump their problems on (Though how well that works at a long distance and with strangers i couldn't tell you).

Just saying not to disregard gut feeling, but I'd want some fact to back it up just a little.
ZFR: For me, "can't put my finger on" is exactly that: gut feeling.
Lifthrasil: OK. But that still isn't a gut feeling against you. I still rate you on the liberal side. It's just that I feel blotunga was even more liberal than you. Yes, that's a gut feeling too. About blotunga. You rating that as 'gut feeling against you' is a bit strange.
By "against" I meant that it caused you perception of me to be relatively less liberal. If someone rates me as +8 on the liberal scale but his gut feeling causes it to become +7 (or prevents it from becoming +9) then it's a gut feeling against me. Despite the overall liberal rating.
rtcvb32: I'm tired of this PBP game; It's taking way too long and I just want the most expedient way out of it (shy of outright quitting)
Lifthrasil: @blotunga: with rtcvb having already stated that he isn't invested in the game at all, after previously saying that he doesn't want to be in a government, I would prefer some different chancellor after all.
^Regarding this:

@rtcvb, if you don't want to play this any longer, I think you should consider asking for a sub, though again I'm not sure how easy it would be to find one at this point, but at the very least you should let zeo know.

It's not fair for the other players in your faction (and in the game overall) who are more invested into the game if you don't play to the best of your abilities and put your best effort to help your team win.

Wanting to quit the game shouldn't be a factor in chancellor selection.
Ok then, let's play it risky.

I nominate flub as chancellor.
ZFR: @rtcvb, if you don't want to play this any longer, I think you should consider asking for a sub, though again I'm not sure how easy it would be to find one at this point, but at the very least you should let zeo know.

It's not fair for the other players in your faction (and in the game overall) who are more invested into the game if you don't play to the best of your abilities and put your best effort to help your team win.

Wanting to quit the game shouldn't be a factor in chancellor selection.
True. Just hard to stay excited for a game that moves at a snail's pace, or slower. And it being done via PBP isn't a very good medium for this. 30 Minute games are probably best.
blotunga: Ok then, let's play it risky.

I nominate flub as chancellor.
Wait, what? I thought it was between rtcvb and me? Why change mind now?
ZFR: Wait, what? I thought it was between rtcvb and me? Why change mind now?
Not sure, seems like an unexpected jarring left turn from what was expected.