It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm afraid I'm feeling under the weather, so no flavor text for now. I apologize for the sloppiness in my text, I just want to make sure I don't hold you guys up. I assure you, however, that the heavy metal battle between the Raisin' Hell band and the Super Sapphire Beam was epic.

JoeSapphire has been investigated.

CURRENT PROPOSED GOVERNMENT
President: Supple Scene (supplementscene)
Chancellor: Zenefredi F. Rapoposculous, the Great (ZFR)

Please PM me your yes/no votes on whether you wish for this setup or not. There must be a majority "yes" for this to pass.
Post edited February 02, 2019 by zeogold
@Lift so of the trio rtcvb flub Joe whom do you want to be president? You need to pick one.

What do you think of my idea of having scene and blotunga go before rhe suspicious trio. Blotunga can pick spf or pooka. Opinions on scene?

I rolled 1-10. First roll came 1 which was myself. Second came 10.
A scene/zfr govt now doesn't helps at all imho. I would go with myself/ either rtcb or flub as chancellor, because one of them has to become president. And as I said, best case we elect a L, worst case I can choose a president from the 3 left (zfr, spf, pooka).
ZFR: @Lift so of the trio rtcvb flub Joe whom do you want to be president? You need to pick one.

What do you think of my idea of having scene and blotunga go before rhe suspicious trio. Blotunga can pick spf or pooka. Opinions on scene?

I rolled 1-10. First roll came 1 which was myself. Second came 10.
I think we definitely should stick with blotunga before the suspicious trio. Independent of whether the proposed scene+zfr government is approved or not. Out of the suspicious trio, I would pick rtcvb, just by exclusion. I know that Joe is fascist, I suspect that flubb is too. I don't have any read on rtcvb. That makes him the least scummy by default. And what blotunga says is a good idea too. He might test rtcvb as chancellor. If rt enacts a liberal policy (having a choice) he's a good candidate for next president.

About scene: I don't have any solid read on him so far. He is mostly himself, only a bit less active than usual. I don't know whether that reduced activity is caused by RL or by him being fascist not knowing what to say or just an evolution of his playing style. But I think if he's fascist he has really learned to rain himself in. We went to 3-0 after all and I think the Scene I know from past games would have slightly panicked at that point and attacked other players. In the past, he was quite verbose under pressure and I think 3-0 counts as pressure for scum. Thinking it through, I guess he's leaning slightly liberal. However, this 'read' is quite meta and based on previous games. So, as I said, nothing solid.
Lifthrasil: So, I got the result from zeo and JoeSapphire is FASCIST.
LIES!! I told you all!! At the end of the game you're all going to be like "man I wish we'd listened to Joe then we wouldn't have lost."

ZFR: Joe, any words?
He lies!

This is fun.

Maybe it would be a good idea to elect supplementscene now that the blotunga -> joe plan is out the window.

Lifthrasil: But the point is, I know that I got the Joe=Fascist read from zeo
LIES!!!!!

Lifthrasil: Something different: I don't trust flubb. His 'investigate Joe' might have been a joke or just a statement of his liberal opinion. But it might have been support for his fellow fascist Joe, who wanted to be investigated.
If a fascist is trying to pull the "investigate me" bluff, why would the fellow fascist call their bluff? That would be a terrible idea.

Lifthrasil: I think we definitely should stick with blotunga before the suspicious trio. Independent of whether the proposed scene+zfr government is approved or not. Out of the suspicious trio, I would pick rtcvb, just by exclusion. I know that Joe is fascist, I suspect that flubb is too. I don't have any read on rtcvb. That makes him the least scummy by default. And what blotunga says is a good idea too. He might test rtcvb as chancellor. If rt enacts a liberal policy (having a choice) he's a good candidate for next president.
hmmm.... lifthrasil wants blotunga and rtcvb in government. So we should elect flub?

He says he's not sure about scene and goes on a bit and decides scene is 'leaning slightly liberal', so maybe I don't trust scene the most.

Damn you all you should have listened to me.

I'm going to vote no on supplementscene/zfr.

Then I'd prefer blotunga to elect zfr, as I think that's our best chance of avoiding being at 3F before we have to pick between flub and rtcvb who we don't know what to do about. But who would their chancellor be? I'm not sure.
JoeSapphire: hmmm.... lifthrasil wants blotunga and rtcvb in government. So we should elect flub?

He says he's not sure about scene and goes on a bit and decides scene is 'leaning slightly liberal', so maybe I don't trust scene the most.
Ah, so I'm on the right track with my reads? Thanks for the (involuntary) confirmation! Obviously, you would try to use the conflict between us as a means to discredit my reads and push for a fascist buddy as candidate. While trying to use the (valid and necessary) doubt about my person to fling dirt at blotunga and rtcvb.

Or are you using reverse psychology to confirm my doubts of flubb because I am on the wrong track? Are you speaking out for him to make him look bad? I mean, that's what I would do as a Fascist. Try to distance myself from fellow fascists and buddy up to some Liberals, to either get credit with them or drag them down with me, when I go down. Which, of course, would work best on a Liberal who is already under suspicion from some. You're quite an experienced player too. So maybe you are using this exact tactic. Damn ... all of this is, of course, WIFOM. Looks like I have to re-read flubb and rtcvb to decide between them without being influenced by you.
Lifthrasil: So, I got the result from zeo and JoeSapphire is FASCIST.
JoeSapphire: LIES!! I told you all!! At the end of the game you're all going to be like "man I wish we'd listened to Joe then we wouldn't have lost."
If you’re truly Liberal why do you think we’re going to lose? Why should we doubt Lift’s read? Say you are Liberal, who do you think the fascist are? Why?
I would like to hear flub and rtcb's thoughts on current developments. It's hard trying to get a read on them.
blotunga: I would like to hear flub and RT-CB's thoughts on current developments. It's hard trying to get a read on them.
I suppose the following are my thoughts with the other replies.

supplementscene: Agree @RTCVB32 makes an odd post. RT-CB would you like to expand on your claim?
That i expected 2 F's. Of course.

To that point there were (that we were told) 5 L's seen, meaning there was 1 left. In 8 cards, that's a low percentage of either draw holding them. If the president of either draw is fascist, after having 3 L's out could start claiming draws are 3F's and pass 2, even if it's LFF.

Seeing as the likelihood of a huge number of F's were left, i accept there would be 2 upcoming before the deck is reshuffled (and stalling the government would likely give too many fascist cards anyways, even if no powers are activated).

Same thing I've said a while ago, which is why i voted yes regardless who was chosen to get the deck reshuffled. It's why i don't count any details from the last two governments as having any valuable input.

If we got a 4th L i would have been VERY surprised (and quite delighted/[i]) and we'd know with 100% certainty that those two were liberal ([i]well as certain as you'd probably get in this game, as i doubt any fascists would allow/put a 4th L in play, though i does mean higher odds of pulling 3F's). But i didn't expect it.

Lifthrasil: I don't have any read on RT-CB. That makes him the least scummy by default. <snip> He might test RT-CB as chancellor. If RT-CB enacts a liberal policy (having a choice) he's a good candidate for next president.
Try a lens cloth... maybe your reading will be easier afterwards.

I'm pretty sure ZFR is liberal, so i'd take him as my president.
Any other combination (involving me) i'm voting no even if i'm selected.
I started to reply to a few guys earlier

blotunga: I would like to hear flub and RT-CB's thoughts on current developments. It's hard trying to get a read on them.
rtcvb32: I suppose the following are my thoughts with the other replies.

supplementscene: Agree @RTCVB32 makes an odd post. RT-CB would you like to expand on your claim?
rtcvb32: That i expected 2 F's. Of course.

To that point there were (that we were told) 5 L's seen, meaning there was 1 left. In 8 cards, that's a low percentage of either draw holding them. If the president of either draw is fascist, after having 3 L's out could start claiming draws are 3F's and pass 2, even if it's LFF.

Seeing as the likelihood of a huge number of F's were left, i accept there would be 2 upcoming before the deck is reshuffled (and stalling the government would likely give too many fascist cards anyways, even if no powers are activated).

Same thing I've said a while ago, which is why i voted yes regardless who was chosen to get the deck reshuffled. It's why i don't count any details from the last two governments as having any valuable input.

If we got a 4th L i would have been VERY surprised (and quite delighted/[i]) and we'd know with 100% certainty that those two were liberal ([i]well as certain as you'd probably get in this game, as i doubt any fascists would allow/put a 4th L in play, though i does mean higher odds of pulling 3F's). But i didn't expect it.

Lifthrasil: I don't have any read on RT-CB. That makes him the least scummy by default. <snip> He might test RT-CB as chancellor. If RT-CB enacts a liberal policy (having a choice) he's a good candidate for next president.
rtcvb32: Try a lens cloth... maybe your reading will be easier afterwards.

I'm pretty sure ZFR is liberal, so i'd take him as my president.
The odds of an L coming up in one of those 2 draws was actually 75%. So no it wasn't likely that we would get 2 LLL draws, quite the opposite. It's possible it did happen ofcourse
I can accept 40% being "high" but in no universe 25% is.
JoeSapphire: hmmm.... lifthrasil wants blotunga and rtcvb in government. So we should elect flub?
Lifthrasil: Ah, so I'm on the right track with my reads? Thanks for the (involuntary) confirmation! Obviously, you would try to use the conflict between us as a means to discredit my reads and push for a fascist buddy as candidate. While trying to use the (valid and necessary) doubt about my person to fling dirt at blotunga and rtcvb.
I'm leaning towards this. I know that blotunga is liberal from my prior investigation, and while rtcvb I'm not familiar with, given that Joe is a possible fascist, it seems as if he is attempting to throw shade on the two in favor of the third, flub.

Heck, he could be throwing shade on all three for all I know, in an attempt to take them all down. I honestly don't know, but it seems he's desperately doing anything to sow distrust among liberals. Not really a good outlook.
rtcvb32: I'm pretty sure ZFR is liberal, so i'd take him as my president.
Have you not read what I wrote earlier? We need at least one more president before going back to zfr, even if my presidency is passed and especially if I get a L card to pass on. And you don't want to be a chancellor in my government if it came to that? I wonder why?
blotunga: Have you not read what I wrote earlier?
Not really, been elsewhere for a dozen hours or longer at a time, so i have to condense what i'm concentrating on.

blotunga: We need at least one more president before going back to zfr, even if my presidency is passed and especially if I get a L card to pass on. And you don't want to be a chancellor in my government if it came to that? I wonder why?
There isn't enough information; With close friends you can notice tiny changes in the way someone acts. On the internet? It's a craps shoot.

Besides just because i'd vote no doesn't mean it i could refuse. I don't want F policies blamed on me. But if you think you'd get an L and pass it, then sure i'd be your chancellor. (I still would probably vote against it)

Let's see... 3L and 9F cards. So there's a decent chance every draw could have an L. But higher chances of 3F's
blotunga: Have you not read what I wrote earlier?
rtcvb32: Not really, been elsewhere for a dozen hours or longer at a time, so i have to condense what i'm concentrating on.

blotunga: We need at least one more president before going back to zfr, even if my presidency is passed and especially if I get a L card to pass on. And you don't want to be a chancellor in my government if it came to that? I wonder why?
rtcvb32: There isn't enough information; With close friends you can notice tiny changes in the way someone acts. On the internet? It's a craps shoot.

Besides just because i'd vote no doesn't mean it i could refuse. I don't want F policies blamed on me. But if you think you'd get an L and pass it, then sure i'd be your chancellor. (I still would probably vote against it)

Let's see... 3L and 9F cards. So there's a decent chance every draw could have an L. But higher chances of 3F's
If you are town as you claim, why would you care if a F policy is blamed on you? I am L, and since i know I have no fault of my own in passing a F, my conscience is clear. Only Hitler would be concerned about staining his reputation.