It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

brig blotunga
SirPrimalform: It's still a big no no. There's no way to verify that you didn't accidentally admit to being Hitler. Given that you deliberately broke the editing rule I bet you owe Zeo a whole sack of cookies.

Also I think you're Hitler.
blotunga: Lol, I'm certainly not Hitler. I was in the last game though. Now I'm just a plain old townie, why would I volunteer to be chancellor/president if I were Hitler?
Well it's possible, I mean Hitler needs Town Cred. It could be Pooka and/or Lift is Fascist, then they can stuff an L card, claim they got FFF and you get Town Cred as Hitler while you both pass Fascist Policy and they get info, perhaps investigate you and clear you as Lib for the homestraight. And then you can buy Cred on your turn. It's dangerous but Fascists are 3-0 down and will need to take risks.

That's the possibility for those of us who don't know what your alignment is.

blotunga: Lol, I'm certainly not Hitler. I was in the last game though. Now I'm just a plain old townie, why would I volunteer to be chancellor/president if I were Hitler?
SirPrimalform: There are no townies in this game. If you were liberal you'd know you weren't a townie. :P
While it could be a slip I myself use Scum/Mafia/Town interchangably with Liberal/Fascist and many did last game
supplementscene: Well it's possible, I mean Hitler needs Town Cred. It could be Pooka and/or Lift is Fascist, then they can stuff an L card, claim they got FFF and you get Town Cred as Hitler while you both pass Fascist Policy and they get info, perhaps investigate you and clear you as Lib for the homestraight. And then you can buy Cred on your turn. It's dangerous but Fascists are 3-0 down and will need to take risks.

That's the possibility for those of us who don't know what your alignment is.

While it could be a slip I myself use Scum/Mafia/Town interchangably with Liberal/Fascist and many did last game
I don't think even Hitler would pass a 4th L. So if Hitler is probably in a bad position right now if he wasn't yet in any government.
And yes, i use townie/liberal and scum/fascist interchangeably.
Okay, let's get on with the game. So far, nobody seems cleared and everybody is still in a place of suspicion, so it's more or less, let's go with our best options.

Lift is chancellor.
blotunga: Imho SPF isn't cleared, he could still be scum and had a LLF draw. So far I trust Zfr.
And you think SPF who's scum and had an LLF draw would pass me LF to help confirm me??

If you trust I'm Liberal, you should also at least lean towards SPF being liberal, since scum SPF has no incentive to help confirm a liberal. If you think SPF is scum, then you should not trust me, since I could be a scum whom SPF helped confirm. Your two statements are mutually exclusive.
ZFR: And you think SPF who's scum and had an LLF draw would pass me LF to help confirm me??

If you trust I'm Liberal, you should also at least lean towards SPF being liberal, since scum SPF has no incentive to help confirm a liberal. If you think SPF is scum, then you should not trust me, since I could be a scum whom SPF helped confirm. Your two statements are mutually exclusive.
You've got a point there, I admit. You could still be Hitler, which then would make SPF scum.

As for the proposed pooka/lift government, I think I'll give it a pass. I wouldn't trust a pooka investigation of anyone, and it could discredit lift-president because of a bad hand. I rather trust lift in president spot.
JoeSapphire: The reason it's against the rules is because is to prevent someone making a mistake - revealing that they know more information than they should, or accidentally revealing a teammate etc. and covering it up. The reason you never want to edit posts is because once it's been edited there's no way to ever tell whether or not an initial 'slip up' of some kind was made, or not.
I know, and that's why i wouldn't edit a post that makes any potential effect to the game.

The post(s) i edited... was talking about PBP, not about who may or may not be a fascist or voting suggestions. Literally, no effect to the game.

Also it was more or less within a minute of posting. I tend to not see mistakes (especially with formatting in BBCode involved) til after the fact.

Regardless...
JoeSapphire: The reason it's against the rules is because is to prevent someone making a mistake - revealing that they know more information than they should, or accidentally revealing a teammate etc. and covering it up. The reason you never want to edit posts is because once it's been edited there's no way to ever tell whether or not an initial 'slip up' of some kind was made, or not.
rtcvb32: I know, and that's why i wouldn't edit a post that makes any potential effect to the game.

The post(s) i edited... was talking about PBP, not about who may or may not be a fascist or voting suggestions. Literally, no effect to the game.

Also it was more or less within a minute of posting. I tend to not see mistakes (especially with formatting in BBCode involved) til after the fact.

Regardless...
None of that matters at all, the rules are extremely clear.
PookaMustard: Okay, let's get on with the game. So far, nobody seems cleared and everybody is still in a place of suspicion, so it's more or less, let's go with our best options.

Lift is chancellor.
Well, of course I agree to this nomination. It gives the new guy a chance to prove himself and I know my alignment. So I know this proposed government is at least 50% Liberal.

@flubb: nice backronym! :-D

@ZFR: My last post seems to have disappeared. So the short version: we had already agreed that passing LL is bad play for the Liberals and that it is better to test than to enforce L, as long as the Liberals aren't in Danger. So passing LL to you would have made Fascist president look bad. That's why I say that passing LF to you after drawing LLF is NAI.

I have to be off. I have very, very little time at the moment.
Lifthrasil: we had already agreed that passing LL is bad play for the Liberals and that it is better to test than to enforce L, as long as the Liberals aren't in Danger.
Who has agreed and when? I saw discussion and points for and against the idea, but I didn't see any agreement being reached.

And personally I disagree that passing LL is necessarily "bad" for Liberals at any stage. Including being at 2-0. You ensure a 3-0 score which solidifies the Liberals' position and might cause Fascists to start making mistakes.
On the other hand passing LF "tests" me, but comes with its own disadvantages. You change the score to 2-1, and with the amount of Ls discarded it's going to be 2-2 pretty soon, with a 25% chance (two consecutive FFFs) bringing it to 2-3 no matter what we do. Do you think "testing" me is worth putting us close to Hitler-Danger territory?

Just to clarify: I don't think any of LL or LF are strictly "better" or "worse" than the other. Both come with their own advantages/disadvantages. But I certainly wouldn't have said that SPF did "worse" for town by playing LL to an unknown player.
I'm stepping in here for a minute as the co-mod with more mafia experience, especially wrt playing.

REMINDER TO ALL: I mostly haven't been watching the thread, and I still have no idea who is what alignment (except Zeo and I are mods). Be advised that it will be exceedingly foolish to try and guess about people's alignments based on my statements.

============

SirPrimalform: No, it's fine to make a redundant post. It's not cool to edit though, and it sounds like you did that deliberately(?!?).
blotunga: I did. And it has no game-relevant anything.
The point of the No Editing rule is to preserve the integrity of the game, in the fashion of "Don't even give the appearance of possible wrong doing".

In the spirit of that: You claim whatever you edited was not game relevant. Now prove it. Ideally prove it to me in chat, so the game thread doesn't get dominated/cluttered by this.

If a post doesn't have that edit marker, then it can generally be trusted to be in its original state. This is a very asynchronous game because it is played by people literally across the world, and this rule means that everyone is able to 'hear' everything that anyone says.

zeogold: You are currently at -5 bonus points for editing.
rtcvb32: Only edited within a minute of posting as i forgot to add a word or two. I certainly hope that isn't disqualifying.
What I said to blotunga applies to your defense as well.

Looks like Joe also covered the why's pretty well in Post 417.

rtcvb32: I know, and that's why i wouldn't edit a post that makes any potential effect to the game.

Regardless...
It is the fact that you edited at all that could affect the game, not which particular post was edited. Can you offer substantial proof that you didn't name hitler!Blotunga's fascist allies, so he knows who to trust (and not to shoot, if the murder Fascist penalty comes up)?

I speak from experience when I say that it can be really annoying when you spot a mistake or grammar edit or whatever AFTER you've already posted. Make a separate post with a Post-By-Edit marker to fix it (wait 10 minutes, so the posts don't merge and get marked as edits), or you can ping a mod to request a one-time allowance to make the edits (and make sure you ask BEFORE making the edit, and remember that mods might decline).

The honor system is all well and good, but especially when we're playing games where players have incentives to lie, it helps everyone if certain rules are followed to prevent possible misunderstandings. Not to mention that not everyone is actually honorable.
CURRENT PROPOSED GOVERNMENT
President: Grimsby "The Pooka" Mustard (PookaMustard)
Chancellor: Liftin' Rasil and the Raisin' Hell Band (Lifthrasil)

Please PM me your yes/no votes on whether you wish for this setup or not. There must be a majority "yes" for this to pass.
Again, a reminder that I have on idea whether or not blotunga or rtcvb32 are liberal/fascist/miniature giant space hamsters. I used them as examples because they happened to be the edit offenders in this particular case.

Also: we're assuming good faith at this point, and I'm not actually asking for proof (though if you have a provable method, I'm listening!). If you have any further commentary or anything, feel free to bring it to me in chat.

On with the game!
Post edited January 23, 2019 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: It is the fact that you edited at all that could affect the game, not which particular post was edited. Can you offer substantial proof that you didn't name hitler! Blotunga's fascist allies, so he knows who to trust (and not to shoot, if the murder Fascist penalty comes up)?
I currently suspect C3-PO as Hitler (though that doesn't really mean much here). I'll openly declare I'm a Liberal in this game (although Fascists would declare that too, so it doesn't hold more than my declaration being 7/10 of being true, and only after the game will all roles be public).

As for proof. Alas i have none. Didn't think it would cause a fuss, though i'm trying to avoid the need to edit as much as possible.
I have no excuse. I was drunk when I posted, then realized that I wrote the same thing about 5 posts before so I removed the post to not repeat myself.