It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: What's the best strategy we can adapt (as to when to say STOP) to increase our chances of passing an L policy?
Just noticed that your question was 'what's the best strategy' as opposed to 'how many cards should we turn over before saying stop' so metagaming makes me think the answer is something like "after 3 Fs or 2 Ls have been turned over"

which on the face of it doesn't seem like too bad an idea. Would it give us a greater than 4/13 chance? I don't know if I can calculate that!
Mr Gold. Mr Sapphire is having trouble contacting you. May we convene somewhere a little more private? (Or you send me a message and gog allows me to respond to that message, in the usual way.)

I was going to vote no, but I'm thinking of voting yes now... Maybe I'll change my mind a few more times.

It seems like people are swinging toward 'yes', so I think voting 'no' gives me the best chance of being able to say "fools! you should have listened to me!" at the end of the game (if sir p turns out to be scum, and he and ZFR pass an F),

Ah well. I voted yes. I have a bad feeling but I'm going to try and have faith.

Unless I change my mind, of course ;p
JoeSapphire: Mr Gold. Mr Sapphire is having trouble contacting you. May we convene somewhere a little more private? (Or you send me a message and gog allows me to respond to that message, in the usual way.)
I'm assuming this is not about the game, of course?

If so, use the qt you made for the ARstotzka game.
@SPF what's your ZFR read and why?

@ZFR what's your read on SPF and why? And did you have a look at my probability puzzle?

@Lift thoughts on the proposed government?

JoeSapphire: Mr Gold. Mr Sapphire is having trouble contacting you. May we convene somewhere a little more private? (Or you send me a message and gog allows me to respond to that message, in the usual way.)

I was going to vote no, but I'm thinking of voting yes now... Maybe I'll change my mind a few more times.

It seems like people are swinging toward 'yes', so I think voting 'no' gives me the best chance of being able to say "fools! you should have listened to me!" at the end of the game (if sir p turns out to be scum, and he and ZFR pass an F),

Ah well. I voted yes. I have a bad feeling but I'm going to try and have faith.

Unless I change my mind, of course ;p
What's your problem with the GOG PM system?
SirPrimalform: I nominate ZFR for chancellor! Don't vote for him!
I know you don’t trust ZFR, but how can we test him if we don’t vote for him?
trentonlf: I know you don’t trust ZFR, but how can we test him if we don’t vote for him?
It was a joke based on the flak I was giving ZFR for pushing Joe's campaign hard.

bcos u is fascists rite?

supplementscene: What's your problem with the GOG PM system?
Joe doesn't actually have a computer, he just interfaces with the forum directly using his mind. When GOG updated the site they dropped support for his brain and so parts of it don't work properly any more.
supplementscene: @ZFR what's your read on SPF and why? And did you have a look at my probability puzzle?
No reads yet. Still have to read his walls of text. He posts so much in this thread so I don't know where to start.

Seriously, I don't know. I would think he's scum based on lack of participation, but it's pretty much neutral so far. I'd vote against any of his governments, but with me as chancellor it makes for a nice test as I've writte.

What puzzle did you post?
SirPrimalform, i wonder which is better in your mind.

A) A floppy Disk
B) A rose
C) A cute puppy or kitten
D) Death to mankind
E) All of the above
rtcvb32: SirPrimalform, i wonder which is better in your mind.

A) A floppy Disk
B) A rose
C) A cute puppy or kitten
D) Death to mankind
E) All of the above
I'm afraid it would have to be D if I was forced to pick one because the others are unmanly. If you'd included a hard disc amongst the options then I would have happily chosen that.
SirPrimalform: I'm afraid it would have to be D if I was forced to pick one because the others are unmanly. If you'd included a hard disc amongst the options then I would have happily chosen that.
Yes there are many who are unmanly.

The disk merely represents data, software, information and knowledge. The size/quantity or if it's optical vs magnetic doesn't matter. Who cares if it's 1.44Mb or 1.44Tb? If it's soft or hard? If it's USB or Laserdisc?

Still there is no right/wrong answer. Though if you answered E i would assum you're fascist or sarcastic (or sarcastically fascist).
rtcvb32: Yes there are many who are unmanly.

The disk merely represents data, software, information and knowledge. The size/quantity or if it's optical vs magnetic doesn't matter. Who cares if it's 1.44Mb or 1.44Tb? If it's soft or hard? If it's USB or Laserdisc?

Still there is no right/wrong answer. Though if you answered E i would assum you're fascist or sarcastic (or sarcastically fascist).
Fascastic.
So you are against your own government? OK... That feels off somehow. I think, I'll vote no.

As discussed previously, there are arguments for a half-tested, half untested government before me. But there are also arguments for skipping this government. ZFR could be Fascist or Liberal, since the first round doesn't tell us too much and concerning SirP we don't have any hard info yet. So it boils down to gut feeling. So perhaps we should skip this government (as SirP himself asks us to do) and do the half-half test with Agent or his replacement instead.
SirPrimalform: Fascastic.
Meh, sounds wrong. Sounds more like The Fantasic Fascist.
Lifthrasil: So you are against your own government? OK... That feels off somehow. I think, I'll vote no.

As discussed previously, there are arguments for a half-tested, half untested government before me. But there are also arguments for skipping this government. ZFR could be Fascist or Liberal, since the first round doesn't tell us too much and concerning SirP we don't have any hard info yet. So it boils down to gut feeling. So perhaps we should skip this government (as SirP himself asks us to do) and do the half-half test with Agent or his replacement instead.
I'm ok with that, although the "don't vote" was just a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact I was pressing ZFR for campaigning hard.
In the midst of the arguing, Agent Carr suddenly lifts a hand up to his earpiece.
"What...?" he stammers. "A...a mission? Really?!"
Quickly getting over his excited state, he slowly removes his sunglasses and makes an announcement to the crowd.
"My organization...needs me."
He then replaces his sunglasses and bolts out the door, forgetting about contracts, stardom, and dahlings in the realization that he at last has a job once more and no longer needs the starmaker services.
"Well," sniffs Bookwyrm, "that was unexpected. It is a shame we do not have the even number anymore, dahlings. This will make the proceedings - how shall we say - difficult, quite difficult, you see. I believe we must find aaaAAAAAAGGHH!"
Bookwyrm nearly jumps out of his Gucci socks as he notices a grinning, gaunt, 6-foot-3-and-a-half-inch figure looming over his shoulder, gazing eerily from white eyes.
"HELLO," says the pale man. "I HAVE COME TO BE A STAAAAAR."
"How did you get in here?!" demands Bookwyrm.
"THE DOOR OPENED, SO I CREPT IN. HELLO. I HAVE COME TO BE A STAA-"
"Ok, yes, just, erm...stand over there. Farther back. Perfect. Yes. As far away from the hat as possible. Great."
Bookwyrm collects his bearings, staring at the Puzzlemaster as to some hint as to how to handle this change in events. Zeogold, however, barely seems to have noticed a thing, and is angrily studying a fleck of lint that has alighted on his stomach.
"Hey, I know him!" pipes up Trent. "That's 'The Pooka', that late-night horror movie host! The one who tried to star in actual horror films and then got panned by the critics for having no real acting ability! People only liked him because he looked scary!"
"YES. HELLO."
"He gave so many kids nightmares!" pouts the Captain.
"I HAVE COME TO BE A STAAAAAR."
"Yes...right, uh, dahlings. Let us proceed!" yells Bookwyrm.

PookaMustard has replaced agentcarr16. Please be gentle with him.
Post edited January 19, 2019 by zeogold