It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tap-Happy Trent slings an arm around the shoulder of Liftin' Rasil and playfully jabs him in the ribs a bit.
"Y'know, we could go BIG if you and me get an act together. You know what live entertainment is missing these days? MUSIC! Back in my day, they didn't just dance and make 'em laugh, but they could SING! SING, SING, SING! And you, buddy-boy, you've got just the amount of gusto, just the moxie I'm looking for. Why, with a backing track from your band, we could bring the house down! Steal the show! Make 'em laugh, make 'em cry! Make 'em-"
Rasil quickly signs the contract and practically flings it at Bookwyrm in a desperate attempt to make the flood of outdated slang stop.
"Excellent, dahlings. You have been very liberal in the contract. I like this style. But this will not do! We must have more! More! We will make stars out of all of you yet! NEXT!"

The government has passed a liberal policy.
The current president is SirPrimalform, who must pick a chancellor. The chancellor cannot be anybody who was part of the previous government (trentolf and Lifthrasil).

Have some celebrity snaps!
https://i.imgur.com/Mq6QPnl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/D4YgGbt.jpg
Post edited January 17, 2019 by zeogold
So far so good. Trent for the sake of the odds, what did you get and Lift what did you receive?
Since now we have a nearby presidential candidate with a high chance of being Liberal, I think we should go ahead with the plan and make Lift president in a Lift/Joe government
blotunga: So far so good. Trent for the sake of the odds, what did you get and Lift what did you receive?
Since now we have a nearby presidential candidate with a high chance of being Liberal, I think we should go ahead with the plan and make Lift president in a Lift/Joe government
I drew 2F and 1L, I passed 1F and 1L
Yep. I got 1F1L from trent.
So, who's OK with skipping to Lift?
blotunga:
trentonlf: I drew 2F and 1L, I passed 1F and 1L
Lovely

I have good feelings about ignoring Carr and Sir P and letting Lifthrasil pick a trustworthy chancellor (me ;) )

ZFR: Joe, any bragging rights picks at this point: I'm going with Lift, flub, trent and agent. With you being a close next.
argh! you're right I didn't even think about that. It's too late for looking super cool at the end of the game because we're effectively in day three... but if I were to try and name four scums it would be SirP, Carr, (I'm enticed by the idea that they didn't realise votes would be made public when they voted no... it's not giving them much credit which is why I didn't mention it till now, but their deflective responses to why they voted no doesn't help their cause much. I kinda thought it was blotunga's logic too with wanting to skip them, but I've just got the logic that he might just be wanting to skip wild cards. Is that a standard tactic?) RT-CB (If I was to name someone to be the man himself, it would be this guy. he's not done anything outrageous, but has been subtly affirming that we'll definitely get a FFF draw, and mentioned the certainty that the first policy would be F. I dunno... that sort of confidence makes me itchy) and...... hm I dunno. maybe lifthrasil. Why am I willing to be lifthrasil's chancellor if I have a fragmentary suspicion he might be trying to set me up?
1 - I haven't really given it much thought till now 2 - this game seems like making an error isn't the worst thing in the world 3 - I have a good feeling 4 - it would be no fun being a chancellor and having absolute trust in your president.

But maybe now that I've explained my braining lift won't trust me with chancellorship anyway ;p...

Come on SirP, suggest a chancellor so we can all ignore you.
JoeSapphire: Why am I willing to be lifthrasil's chancellor if I have a fragmentary suspicion he might be trying to set me up?
Are you setting up a "I'm-INNOCENT!-I-was-set-up"?
ZFR: Are you setting up a "I'm-INNOCENT!-I-was-set-up"?
You're the only viable alternative. Since you passed FL to joe, don't you trust him? (Ok, he still might be scum/hitler since the 1st round doesn't counts to much).
JoeSapphire: Why am I willing to be lifthrasil's chancellor if I have a fragmentary suspicion he might be trying to set me up?
ZFR: Are you setting up a "I'm-INNOCENT!-I-was-set-up"?
The rules of the game do that well enough without me blithering on about it, wouldn't you say?
blotunga: don't you trust him?
Slightly more than I trust those who haven't been tested? Yes.

Do I "trust" trust him? No. Would he pass L out of FL if he were Liberal? Definitely! If he were Hitler? Definitely! If he were Fascist? Likely! That test is inconclusive.

Joe, you played Secret Hitler before?
JoeSapphire: Come on SirP, suggest a chancellor so we can all ignore you.
No way, I'm fine with being skipped.
JoeSapphire: Come on SirP, suggest a chancellor so we can all ignore you.
SirPrimalform: No way, I'm fine with being skipped.
You know you have to nominate someone to get skipped?
ZFR: Joe, you played before?
still no ;)
JoeSapphire: (I'm enticed by the idea that they didn't realise votes would be made public when they voted no...
Can't speak for Carr but I was pretty open about the fact I was voting no. And I voted no because I didn't trust ZFR.
SirPrimalform: Can't speak for Carr but I was pretty open about the fact I was voting no. And I voted no because I didn't trust ZFR.
You may have intended to be pretty open, but it wasn't very clear what you'd voted. As I remember it you said you didn't like ice cream, and when I asked you what you'd voted for you said you couldn't remember.

Is the reason you didn't trust ZFR because of his attempt to influence your vote? Have you stopped not trusting him?