It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: THAT SAID, the fact he voted for a government with someone he believes to be f...that sounds like f play right there. Why, Joe?
Me? Which government?
Lifthrasil: - Didn't elect H twice. Was that just an admission, that he elected Hitler once?
JoeSapphire: :p Twice didn't elect H after 3Fs were passed.
Ah! :-)

JoeSapphire: Decide who you think is F out of Lifthrasil or me, and kill that one. Whatever you do, you're pretty much sealing the fate of the game, but this is the most polarised conflict: One of us is L, the other is F.
@trent: Actually I agree with Joe here. As I explained before, shooting Joe is preferable over shooting Pooka. Pooka is proven not to be Hitler, while Joe still has a small chance of being Hitler. So if you believe me, shoot Joe. If you believe Joe and/or are Fascist, shoot me.

Interestingly the fact that Joe insists that this is a game deciding moment makes me a bit more confident that blotunga was Fascist after all. I've speculated about that before, that Joe's panic stems from the Fascist's numbers dwindling. His conviction that his faction will lose if he is shot only reinforces that theory (if he isn't Hitler, in which case the Fascists would automatically lose upon a Joe death).
PookaMustard: THAT SAID, the fact he voted for a government with someone he believes to be f...that sounds like f play right there. Why, Joe?
JoeSapphire: Me? Which government?
The currently proposed one, of course!
supplementscene:
JoeSapphire: You should have said something. I was surprised that for the first time since we started playing the game no-one had been complaining about having to wait. I thought that you'd all just been enjoying the game.

I wanted to take time to discuss what we were doing. Every other vote we've had has been made with pressure from people saying "why is this taking so long?" This is probably the last meaningful vote of the game.
While that's true and I have enjoyed debating with you. I'm very curious to see 'results' and not drag the rounds on too long. Like I say I have been checking for the results for the past few days, each time the thread was bumped. ZFR was right on Day 1 when I was trying to slow the game down, that it can be brutally slow and for the most part and that the most solid info comes from actions.

Although I think I've seen slips from people too. So a decent amount of debate is warranted.

Out of curiosity have you voted yay or nay? I voted for Trent and Lift
JoeSapphire: Me? Which government?
PookaMustard: The currently proposed one, of course!
supplementscene: Out of curiosity have you voted yay or nay? I voted for Trent and Lift
I'm voting no. but mostly for the sake of it. I have no doubt the government will be accepted. And actually I'm not sure how useful it would be to have this government fail. I think I trust Trent, and the best case scenario is that bizarrely-ZFR-lied-about-finding-three-Ls and Trent passes and L to Lifthrasil and he either exposes himself in public or wins the game for us out of sheer bloody shame.

Lifthrasil: @trent: Actually I agree with Joe here.
Do you also agree that only a liberal player would have no supporters in a it's-him-or-me situation in a game of secret hitler?

Of course you do! Who wouldn't?
rtcvb32: Remaining firm in your decision (even if it's wrong) is better than jumping at every little thing.
JoeSapphire: Can you expand these examples? Why is one better than the other?
Oh i don't know... maybe not reacting to squirrels and jumping and being totally random.
JoeSapphire: Can you expand these examples? Why is one better than the other?
rtcvb32: Oh i don't know... maybe not reacting to squirrels and jumping and being totally random.
That... answered neither of my questions ;p But I did enjoy being reminded of the 90s by the phrase 'totally random'
JoeSapphire: I'm voting no.
From the say you mentioned giving power to Trent being a scary thing, we all thought you voted FOR his government.
JoeSapphire: I'm voting no.
PookaMustard: From the say you mentioned giving power to Trent being a scary thing, we all thought you voted FOR his government.
Well I was the only person left to vote, so effectlively by voting I'm giving Trent the power.

PookaMustard: we all thought you voted FOR his government.
How many people operate through your account? Is there a lot of you?
Lifthrasil: @trent: Actually I agree with Joe here.
JoeSapphire: Do you also agree that only a liberal player would have no supporters in a it's-him-or-me situation in a game of secret hitler?

No, I don't. The loneliest person is sometimes an outed scum. If it is obvious that he's going to take a fall, his buddies will either outright bus him, or at least verbally distance themselves from him or fall silent and try to be invisible. Perhaps they think that if they show too much support, they just risk outing themselves. You know all that. You know the strategy of bussing and distancing. And yet you try to imply that you must be Liberal because you lack support? That's kind of a combination of appeal to emotion and LAMISL.
JoeSapphire: Do you also agree that only a liberal player would have no supporters in a it's-him-or-me situation in a game of secret hitler?

Lifthrasil: No, I don't. The loneliest person is sometimes an outed scum. If it is obvious that he's going to take a fall, his buddies will either outright bus him, or at least verbally distance themselves from him or fall silent and try to be invisible. Perhaps they think that if they show too much support, they just risk outing themselves. You know all that. You know the strategy of bussing and distancing. And yet you try to imply that you must be Liberal because you lack support? That's kind of a combination of appeal to emotion and LAMISL.
I'm not talking generally. I'm talking at endgame. We're basically at 5F 4L, the next government will end the game. You want that government to be you and ZFR (actually, I'm not sure you want ZFR, do you?) If I'm a fascist that would be a lose for the fascist team (unless it turns up FFF but the odds are against that). So in the face of certain defeat, why are my teammates still verbally distancing themselves or falling silent and trying to be invisible?
JoeSapphire: So in the face of certain defeat, why are my teammates still verbally distancing themselves or falling silent and trying to be invisible?
Because one is ousted, one is executed and one (SPF, flub, rtcvb?) just wants it over with?
Lifthrasil: No, I don't. The loneliest person is sometimes an outed scum. If it is obvious that he's going to take a fall, his buddies will either outright bus him, or at least verbally distance themselves from him or fall silent and try to be invisible. Perhaps they think that if they show too much support, they just risk outing themselves. You know all that. You know the strategy of bussing and distancing. And yet you try to imply that you must be Liberal because you lack support? That's kind of a combination of appeal to emotion and LAMISL.
JoeSapphire: I'm not talking generally. I'm talking at endgame. We're basically at 5F 4L, the next government will end the game. You want that government to be you and ZFR (actually, I'm not sure you want ZFR, do you?) If I'm a fascist that would be a lose for the fascist team (unless it turns up FFF but the odds are against that). So in the face of certain defeat, why are my teammates still verbally distancing themselves or falling silent and trying to be invisible?
Obviously so they can get elected themselves. They know you won't get elected now. But it could be one of them is in a good position to be elected and the rest of them want to support him to boost his or her chances. They probably know criticising yourself makes themselves look more Liberal at this stage

I know when I looked suspect in Mafia, the first person on my bus was a teammate busing me, the other I thought was my teammate. Still not happy with ZFRs set up for that game.
supplementscene: But it could be one of them is in a good position to be elected and the rest of them want to support him to boost his or her chances.
So who's that? Why are they still waiting? Why haven't they started reasoning why ZFR might not be a good person to put in government?

JoeSapphire: So in the face of certain defeat, why are my teammates still verbally distancing themselves or falling silent and trying to be invisible?
ZFR: Because one is ousted, one is executed and one (SPF, flub, rtcvb?) just wants it over with?
That does make sense.

1. Joe - Conflicted with Lifthrasil, confirmed by ZFR's plan.
2. Pooka - revealed by ZFR passing him an L
3. Blotunga - shot by ZFR
4. SirPrimalform - hypnotised by ZFR into giving up before the game began.

That makes less sense. (Even without Joe's fanciful hypnosis suggestion)
supplementscene: But it could be one of them is in a good position to be elected and the rest of them want to support him to boost his or her chances.
JoeSapphire: So who's that? Why are they still waiting? Why haven't they started reasoning why ZFR might not be a good person to put in government?

ZFR: Because one is ousted, one is executed and one (SPF, flub, rtcvb?) just wants it over with?
JoeSapphire: That does make sense.

1. Joe - Conflicted with Lifthrasil, confirmed by ZFR's plan.
2. Pooka - revealed by ZFR passing him an L
3. Blotunga - shot by ZFR
4. SirPrimalform - hypnotised by ZFR into giving up before the game began.

That makes less sense. (Even without Joe's fanciful hypnosis suggestion)
4. Trent as Hitler? I did think about it... It just doesn't make sense that you selected him and still voted NO. It also doesn't make sense you took your sweet time voting him in.
4. rtcvb? Lately I've been having doubts.
4. flub? This seems most probable.

Either way, I think blotunga was regular fascist.

And yes, fascists could simply be resigned. Last game I was in your shoes trying to make last ditch attempts in a game where only RNG could save us. Maybe that's why I feel for you.