It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: Regardless, if ZFR is fascist (or possibly even Hitler)...
ZFR: Haha, love the subtle LAMIST.
Okay, so as you know, I'm a newbie. This means all of this terminology flies over my head.
Please explain to this poor fellow what LAMIST means.
PookaMustard: Okay, so as you know, I'm a newbie. This means all of this terminology flies over my head.
Look At Me I'm So Town

But yes, you wouldn't doubt ZFR was fascist if you truly were town and he was accusing you. So you must be fascist.
PookaMustard: Please explain to this poor fellow what LAMIST means.
Sorry about that, I thought it was explained already.

If you're looking for commonly used Mafia acronyms and abbreviations try this link:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

But yes, what scene said.
SirPrimalform: Ok, onto the March word quota. Very few opinions on anything other than being 99% sure Joe is a f. The little game of "misquote Lift" pushed me nearly all the way. Too lazy to read Joe's subsequent walls of text.
JoeSapphire: I'll give you the summaries once we've sorted through the shite.
And now you misquote me! I called you a fascist, not "a f"!
PookaMustard: Okay, so as you know, I'm a newbie. This means all of this terminology flies over my head.
supplementscene: Look At Me I'm So Town

But yes, you wouldn't doubt ZFR was fascist if you truly were town and he was accusing you. So you must be fascist.
And now there's the thing with "Town" and what it means (unless it's a pun of "down")

supplementscene: you wouldn't doubt ZFR
Oh. I see it now. ZFR quoted that sentence and I can see that the "if" is some sort of doubt. Must be one of these subtleties that non-native speakers like me would miss.

It's not doubt. I'm certain he is fascist or Hitler. The whole "if" thing is basically, "if X, then Y," or to put it in a better way, "X is true, so Y." So what I meant is more or less "ZFR is fascist, so I should reconsider who I trust."

That said, I should study the terminologies link by ZFR before I continue this.
rtcvb32: But with the next draw most certainly being FFF, it doesn't matter who's president, only who's chancellor. Could skip up to twice, but only a confirmed not hitler should be selected/elected. (though on the 3rd random policy won't mean much, F & reshuffle). So you could in theory do 5 skips before mandatory government or 75% Fascists win by RNG.
Except that the president gets the execution power. So if you're not confident that blotunga was fascist, it's pretty important that the next president is liberal or the game could go to 4 fascists, 4 liberals.

If you don't have the energy to read over the game that's gone before, maybe you don't have the energy to hold out against Joe's perseverence either? ;)

I'm not saying I think Trentonlf is Fascist. I'm saying right now I don't see much thought put into it either way.

ZFR's argument so far is :

ZFR: he's unlikely be Hitler because when you selected him, not a single person took the bait and voted yes. Not even trent himself nor you, both of whom could vote YES without arising suspicions.
Agree with me?

Unlikely to be fascist because he picked liberal Lift to confirm when he was president. This hinges on Lift being liberal, which you might not agree with.
However, for me it's natural that Lift trusts someone who confirmed him
These arguments are flawed: They both assume that Joe is Fascist and Lifthrasil is Liberal. A Lazy assumption to make, but ZFR's made it clear that he has no interest in applying further reason to that subject. The first has an obvious counter-point: ZFR's 'bait' hinged on the idea that anybody who did vote for the government would be seen as Fascist - voting on the Joe-Trentonlf presidency risked exposure. The second implies that a Fascist wouldn't pick a Liberal chancellor in the second presidency of the game. Does anybody have any reason why this would be?

One can hardly claim certainty on these two tenuous arguments.

Disappointing that I have to be the one to point out flaws in the reasoning, as my reputation alone does a lot of harm to my argument. If any of you had thought about it you could have come to similar conclusions.

So, come on, what else has anybody got? Even if Lifthrasil's the most liberal player there's ever been, if Blotunga was Liberal and Trent is Fascist we're all buggered.

PookaMustard: Oh. I see it now. ZFR quoted that sentence and I can see that the "if" is some sort of doubt. Must be one of these subtleties that non-native speakers like me would miss.

It's not doubt. I'm certain he is fascist or Hitler. The whole "if" thing is basically, "if X, then Y," or to put it in a better way, "X is true, so Y." So what I meant is more or less "ZFR is fascist, so I should reconsider who I trust."

That said, I should study the terminologies link by ZFR before I continue this.
"Regardless, if ZFR is fascist (or possibly even Hitler), I don't know who the rest of his teammates are." can be read as you intended it:

ZFR's just quoting a small part of what you wrote out of context which makes you look bad. But it's an easy mistake to make and no-one's going to hold it against him.

I'm not sure there's any more terminology from the other game that's going to be applicable, but if stuff slips out we'll keep you in the know.
supplementscene: Look At Me I'm So Town

PookaMustard: And now there's the thing with "Town" and what it means (unless it's a pun of "down").
Sorry. There's a similar game where the 'good guys' are 'Town' instead of 'Liberal'. I hope that makes sense now

So in this game it should be LAMISL
JoeSapphire: These arguments are flawed: They both assume that Joe is Fascist and Lifthrasil is Liberal. A Lazy assumption to make...
No they dont.
The first one doesn't. And trent, if he was Hitler, could easily vote YES on the off chance it catches (after all I promised I will) without losing any reputation: he's just voting for himself.

The second one's premise does assume Lift is liberal, but that,'s not the point. You've written
"Why does Lifthrasil trust Trentonlf with the kill that, if he's fascist, could lose the game? "
If Lift is fascist, he knows trent is either fellow fascist or liberal who'll kill Pooka/Joe.
If Lift is liberal, he can trust trent as per my explanation.
Ergo it's NAI. Lift has reason to trust trent regardless of alignment. And that's the answer to your question.

And for the nth time stop calling it lazy. Believe it or not People have been puuting thought into this game too. Stop making yourself a martyr for the cause and the only person seeking the truth while others are taking the easy way out.

JoeSapphire: "Regardless, if ZFR is fascist (or possibly even Hitler), I don't know who the rest of his teammates are." can be read as you intended it:

ZFR's just quoting a small part of what you wrote out of context which makes you look bad. But it's an easy mistake to make and no-one's going to hold it against him..
Hahaha. There you go again pretending not to understand what I meant.
Yes, Pooka's statement can be read as he intended and yes that's why it's subtly LAMIST. First he goes guns blazing calling me a definite fascist and your ally. When it's pointed out how that doesn't work he's sure Im Hitler. And when that is shown unlikely all of a sudden he's the meek Pooka with *if*s and *possibly*s, who just feels something is off.

Yes, that's LAMIST.
No, I didnt misrepresent what he wrote, just pointed out it's LAMIST.
Yes, you knew that.
And yes, you purposely tried to show me as the misrepresenting person, by equating what I did with your shameless "accidental" misquoting of Lift.
And yes, it definitely shows you as clutching at straws.

Have a good day.
Apparently according to this fascist, taking a step back to realize how his scumminess changes everything is considered LAMISL, or basically "the fascist thing to do" if I am reading this right.

Just so happens that my slowness in realizing this matter of life is what's being used against me.

Just to clarify, I am CERTAIN ZFR is fascist, or worse, Hitler. What this means is that I should reconsider who I trust, and who his buddies are. Lift is highly likely, the problem is the other two.

Hmm, something to do with getting an easy and effortless way of ditching blotunga and getting the players down to 5v4. It's like a perfect plan: if ZFR is a mere fascist, he doesn't really need to explain much more than "blotunga was confirmed by a fascist, so we must get rid of him as he could be fascist," and if he is Hitler, he then knows there is a higher likelihood that the poor fellow is liberal, and can safely eliminate him without killing the scum friends. It's one or the other here.

I can't get to the level of analysis that Joe puts in the game, since he is, as someone said, an experienced Mafia player. All I gott so far is this game and the couple of really quick 7-10 minutes games with voice chat on. On another hand, what's the point? I'm going to be shot anyway.
CURRENT PROPOSED GOVERNMENT
President: Tap-Happy Trent (trentolf)
Chancellor: Liftin' Rasil and the Raisin' Hell Band (Lifthrasil)

Please PM me your yes/no votes on whether you wish for this setup or not. There must be a majority "yes" for this to pass.
ZFR: If Lift is liberal, he can trust trent as per my explanation.
Yes, okay. I had failed to consider that Trent/Lifthrasil passed an L policy, so Fictonal-Liberal-Lifthrasil would have more reason to trust.

But yes,

Liftrhasil has reason to trust Trentonlf.

What's everybody else's reason?

If it's just "because Lifthrasil must be Liberal," that argument is just laz-

ZFR: And for the nth time stop calling it lazy. Believe it or not People have been puuting thought into this game too. Stop making yourself a martyr for the cause and the only person seeking the truth while others are taking the easy way out.
Some people have, yes. But are you satisfied with the level of engagement rtcvb & SirPrimalform have been putting in to the game?

But, if it irritates you, I won't call it lazy anymore.

From now on it's just wrong.

So, what's everybody else's reason to trust Trentonlf?

If it's just "because Lifthrasil must be Liberal," that argument is just wrong.

JoeSapphire: "Regardless, if ZFR is fascist (or possibly even Hitler), I don't know who the rest of his teammates are." can be read as you intended it:

ZFR's just quoting a small part of what you wrote out of context which makes you look bad. But it's an easy mistake to make and no-one's going to hold it against him..
ZFR: Hahaha. There you go again pretending not to understand what I meant.
Yes, Pooka's statement can be read as he intended and yes that's why it's subtly LAMIST. First he goes guns blazing calling me a definite fascist and your ally. When it's pointed out how that doesn't work he's sure Im Hitler. And when that is shown unlikely all of a sudden he's the meek Pooka with *if*s and *possibly*s, who just feels something is off.
I thought I did understand what you meant. I thought you were saying that Pooka saying "If ZFR's fascist," could only make sense if he were trying to appear like a liberal who didn't know ZFR's alignment, because he has proof of your alignment by the fact that you claim to have passed him an L.

Which is a fair thing to think, based on the section of his text that you quoted.

But am I right in thinking this is your argument? At first Pooka was aggressive, and now, after he's had flaws in his argument pointed out to him he's appearing to reconsider his position?

By "subtle", did you mean Pooka was slipping LAMISL statements into his writing subtly? That's how I understood it but that might have been wrong.

Is your point that now-that-you-know-Pooka's-fascist you can see everything he does as either an attempt to push his fascist agenda, or an attempt to appear liberal?

ZFR: 1. Yes, that's LAMIST.
2. No, I didnt misrepresent what he wrote, just pointed out it's LAMIST.
3. Yes, you knew that.
4. And yes, you purposely tried to show me as the misrepresenting person, by equating what I did with your shameless "accidental" misquoting of Lift.
5. And yes, it definitely shows you as clutching at straws.

6. Have a good day.
1. Is it?
2. You quoted a small section of his text, which removed context. I do it too. It's helpful to draw people's attention to exactly what you're addressing.
3. I didn't, sorry. I don't know if what Pooka's doing is an attempt to appear Liberal, or a genuine reaction to having what he took for granted proven to make no sense.
4. I've given you the impression that I'm not ashamed about misinterpreting Lifthrasil's meaning. I am very embarassed and ashamed.
5. Until I run out of straws this is all I can do.

6. Don't be cross, ZFR. Come, dine with us tomorrow?

PookaMustard: I can't get to the level of analysis that Joe puts in the game,
The trick is to obssess during every waking moment, and a little while you're asleep too!

PookaMustard: Apparently according to this fascist, taking a step back to realize how his scumminess changes everything is considered LAMISL, or basically "the fascist thing to do" if I am reading this right.
Well, I think he's saying that, because he knows you're fascist, then any attempt by you to appear like you're trying to solve the game is just an act.

Is that right, ZFR?

"I love this subtle, meek performance, Pooka! Your stance says "Look at me!" while you're eyes draw us deep, deep into your soul, where we hear it whisper... "I'm so Liberal!" It's beautiful, beautiful. Now if you could just take your top off we'll get the camera rolling..."

^ was that the tone in which you meant it?
Well, I did remember something right before turning in for the night (looks I am beginning to obsess over the ga- well, I already am, though not with this specific game as much as it is with Secret Hitler as a whole). Flub quoted me and told me he's still liberal. I guess it's time to do something about that.

PookaMustard: ..........
maybe I should reconsider who I trust.
flubbucket: I'm still liberal.
Alright, so please tell me what you think of this whole conundrum. What are your thoughts on me and ZFR? What do you think of the current proposed government, or who should be executed?
JoeSapphire: Is that what you meant.
I just found his whole tone LAMIST.

His whole "maybe; possibly; I'm unsure; I'm just a little newbie" just gave that vibe.

Can't explain it better.
Sorry, still travelling. I only can check in shortly. More tomorrow evening.

@Joe: I must say I am impressed. You put in a lot of effort. Too bad you're playing for the evil team!

@ZFR: yes, you already mentioned my reasons for trusting trent. Of course trent could still be Hitler. Hitler would have passed me that Liberal policy too. But I guess if trent were Fascist or Hitler, Joe wouldn't fight so much against him getting the kill power. Sure, that could be a brilliant distancing play to convince us others that trent is a good choice after all. But that's not the feeling I get from Joe. To me it feels more as if he is genuinely afraid of trent shooting one of the two confirmed Fascists.

@trent: please do restrict yourself to the two confirmed Fascists. Either shoot Pooka or Joe. Both are investigated, certified Fascists, if you trust ZFR and me. And while I agree that there still has to be some doubt about my alignment due to the two F policies I had to pass, even Joe couldn't find a good case against ZFR. So I would say there is no reason not to trust ZFR's read. If you shoot Joe, there is a slight chance that you'll get Hitler. If you shoot Pooka, that chance is zero, but at least you eliminate a Fascist, which helps us with the voting power and the L-L government chances afterwards. But please don't go on a wild Hitler chase and shoot someone else. The chances that you hit a Liberal on such a hunt are too big.
JoeSapphire: But yes,

Liftrhasil has reason to trust Trentonlf.

What's everybody else's reason
Firstly his change of opinion as the game has progressed on his reads seems the way a Liberal would play. He had the same reads as myself of Joe and Lift but like myself changed his read based on Lift's liberal action.

Interesting because Trent likes to claim 'I always play as a liberal would regardless of alignment'. So if he's that good you can't tell either way. But when I played on a scumteam with Trent he was very busy but also very quick to 'bus me'. IE he was the first on my wagon in order to buy Town credit. He also scumhunted more aggressively. Now I realise Trent has personal issues, which may mean he doesn't invest much time in the game. But when I was playing in a Liberal team with him previously he similarly didn't analyse very much. So my meta-read is he's liberal. Could be Hitler but I doubt it as there are stronger Hitler candidates.

As for Lift, when he played Mafia I remember him scumhunting harder than he has this game. Plus there are the Liberal actions. You appear to be searching for the truth, which appears Liberal, aside from misquotes BUT I struggle to see Lifts motivation to pass a 4th Liberal policy, other than if he's Liberal.