It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Devil went down to Wolvesvale / He was looking for a soul to steal.

<span class="bold">Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves</span>, an action/strategy folktale about two Canadian brothers who join forces to take down the evil that's after their sister, is now permanently FREE on GOG.com. Go grab a mickey for the cold and let's see what this is all aboot, eh?

The tale begins in 19th century Canada, when two feuding brothers decide to work together after the Devil sets his sights on their sister. At night the forces of evil descend upon their fair village but during the day the O'Carrolls can plan and plant their traps, sharpen their weapons and develop their skills to face the terrors fully prepared. Make the O'Carroll of your choice a fearsome trapper and execute your well-laid plans with Rocket Racoon precision - before you know it, the Werewolves will be running for the hills, but not before they divulge the secret lore behind their unholy existence...

So what are you waiting for, friend? Go grab your free copy and let's chase off some hairy cowards, eh?
Permanently? Maybe the devs have something new up their sleeve and are doing promo?
Cool. I'll give it a try. Thanks, all.
That's a nice one to go free! I've bought it myself and gifted copies too. Quite like the setting are art style in particular. Thanks GOG and devs!
I hope it doesn't bode ill for the developers. It is a great game with marvellous soundtrack.
I bought this one more than 3yrs ago, have yet to give it a proper spin, but don't regret it. As Vythonaut said, the soundtrack is beautiful, and was the main attraction for me (happens quite a bit); it makes for a pretty lovely, out-of-game listen.

Thanks to Petrell for being the catalyst behind this, to GOG for following up on Petrell's poke, and to Artifice for (finally) being fair and making it free here too.
Strange to see it FREE, as in free. I remember many times GoG wouldn't let developers release some "Free" games. Recently being one CAYNE on Steam and not here, however Stasis is available here and there as well.

Stasis and CAYNE are made by same TEAM.
iRevolt: Strange to see it FREE, as in free. I remember many times GoG wouldn't let developers release some "Free" games. Recently being one CAYNE on Steam and not here, however Stasis is available here and there as well.

Stasis and CAYNE are made by same TEAM.
CAYNE is on GOG, and it's free, too.
Thanks now i reached 100 games in my library.
IAmSinistar: Thanks GOG and devs!
^This^2
Fonzer: Thanks now i reached 100 games in my library.
Congrats... Only about 1900 to go...
Post edited May 16, 2017 by toxicTom
Hm, own this for a few years now. But quite an interesting game indeed.

Thanks to gog for getting in touch with the devs and making it free here after it was free on Steam for several months already.
Wow, I picked this one up some time ago, but don't regret a single cent I paid for it. Good game, and I found it tough as nails at the end. Like many others, I'm surprised to see this one free.

iRevolt: Stasis and CAYNE are made by same TEAM.
As noted, it's here (or was), and was free at least for a time. I have it in my game library, and I didn't buy it.
Wow! This is very surprising but quite welcome. I always love when games have a Canadian theme and this is no exception. I've played it before and quite enjoyed it. Always love having DRM-free versions of things, too :)
Cheers GOG. I have this on Steam, but I haven't gamed on Steam in years. Think i'll have another stab at it now!
GR00T: I found it tough as nails at the end.
One of the reasons I loved this game is that there were tons of different methods/strategies you could try. After finishing it, I immediately replayed with the second brother this time with the limitation: never upgrade an axe, never invest in any mellee skills and never use an axe, unless no other way exists.
It was really fun, because you had to rely on your traps and gun to do everything. I started using stuff I never used in my first game, like campfires. Fear factor control became really important. And the fact that you saved money on axes meant you could spend more on traps and potions.
That was its beauty: if it was tough, you could consider many options you never tried before.

The cons were: too short. Lots of stuff you learn late and you don't get to use all that much, because you run out of levels. And the fact that the game could be solved by hacking with the axe and hoping for the best. That axe should have been nerfed.

I hope for a sequel.
IAmSinistar: That's a nice one to go free! I've bought it myself and gifted copies too.
Let me take the opportunity to thank you again. I was one of the giftees.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by ZFR
Thanks GOG, was always intrigued by this title.