It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Elmofongo: What did Disney do that makes them so bad and evil, I never understood the Disney hate?
Because its easy or they havent a clue how business works. If you have any thought that this isnt a good thing for the future of games that fall under these licenses, you arent paying attention. You need only compare to the old days of Nintendo vs Atari. Those who shared and passed out their license prospered. Those who did not, failed horribly and died. If nothing else and you think Disney is a terrible blight on humanity, believe that they have learned this lesson well. As proof look at the zillions of licenses they distribute from everything from toilet paper to custom color Home Depot paint... They are strict on following the terms of the license, not on handing them out. Further bolstering the idea that quality games should be coming out of this. At least much better than any trash LA has put out in years.
Its sad. They have made some of the best games. But that was a long time ago.
After George Lucas lost interest in his own company their only use was
giving away their licenses to other companies.

From Ron Gilbert:
http://grumpygamer.com/main
Post edited April 04, 2013 by Schnuff
Schnuff: Its sad. They have made some of the best games. But that was a long time ago.
After George Lucas lost interest in his own company their only use was
giving away their licenses to other companies.
Someone, anyone buy Grim Fandango :(
Apparently Boba Fett was going to be a part of SW 1313.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-04-star-wars-1313-was-about-boba-fett-after-all
Hate to say it, but Disney's announced policy seems no different then the policy that Lucasarts has been following for most of the last decade.
The Lucasarts that gave us the great Star Wars games of the 90's and the great adventure games has been dead for quite a while. I have to laugh at the idea that Lucasarts that was put out of it misery today was a bunch of creative genuinses who are being replaced by Coporate zombies. IMHO Disney can't do much worse then Lucasarts has done for the last few years. At it's worst it is one bunch of coporate zombies being replaced by another bunch of coporate zombies.
And Given Disney's track record of recylcing old material, I would say that if anything the chances for the old games being released are a little better.
And, if you put on your business manager's hat, it makes no sense to keep a seperate division that is doing exactly the same thing..licencing and contracting out games...as another division.
We will see what happens.
thme: I hope this is not the case. It seems to me there is still a lot of money to be made on the digital distribution of LA games. If you are right then there is simply no logic to the way Disney operates, you make money by selling product, why sit on product that you know will make money?
Exactly, there is no logic to Disney when it comes to the gaming market. Some of their newer PC games weren't even released on Steam, let alone old games. Have you ever seen Tron Evolution in any digital store out there? Well i haven't, and that game isn't even that old (it was released at the same time as the TRON movie). It isn't even a bad game, honestly, but Disney just DIDN'T advertise it. I bet most people don't even know the PC version exists at all. The same goes for other Disney licensed titles (Alice, Tangled, Disney Universe).

When Split/Second sold poorly, they promptly closed Black Rock down without even trying to understand why the game failed. It failed due to Disney's incompetence, not the game's quality.

Even Disney's CEO already told investors that they would focus on mobile and social games instead of consoles.

Disney just doesn't have experience and know-how in the gaming market. And they don't give a fuck about it.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by Neobr10
Disney's not much different from LA. They haven't come out with anything good for decades. They only care about putting crappy pre-teen / teenage shows on TV these days.
Kil3r: I really hope that Disney ends up selling the Lucas games on here. Hopefully they also sell some of their other classics like Turok 1 and 2.
If i recall correctly Disney lost the rights to the Turok franchise. I don't know who owns it now.
I think this is the best opp 4 GOG to snach classic LucasArts games
jamyskis: Honestly? I have no real love for Disney - they're on a par with EA and Activision in terms of ethics as far as I'm concerned - but given LucasArts' track record since 2006, it would have only run itself into the ground anyway.
Oh no, Disney is MUCH worse than EA and Activision as a game company. At least EA and Activision release games for the hardcore market, and even old stuff on GOG. Disney, on the other hand, doesn't care about games, except for mobile and social crap.

jamyskis: And all of the crap titles were produced externally anyway. So there's nothing new going on. The least we can hope for from Disney is slightly better quality control, because LucasArts sucked at it.
"Slightly better quality control"? I wouldn't count on it. Disney's most recent games based on movie licenses were terrible and filles with bugs (except for Tron Evolution, which was decent).

Star Wars 1313 looked pretty decent. I also enjoyed Fracture a lot, which was one of the most underrated games this generation in my opinion. It was not developed by Lucasarts, though.
Elmofongo: What did Disney do that makes them so bad and evil, I never understood the Disney hate?

EDIT: also SWTOR was OK imo.
Disney is ok as a movie company in my opinion, but they're TERRIBLE when it comes to games.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by Neobr10
Barry_Woodward: "Our community wish list shows we have quite a bunch of LucasArts’ titles to sign next and we will do our best to satisfy our gamers. Heck, we just signed SS2 after all, so impossible is nothing for GOG! If you guys want to support us, make sure to vote in our community wishlist so that we can give more weight to all our ongoing and upcoming business talks. It worked for SS2, so it can work for other titles. I know that some people may think that voting in the wishlist doesn’t accomplish anything. I’m here to tell you it does." - Guillaume Rambourg
Thanks for posting the game list here. Just went and voted for a multitude of titles I would buy for sure if Lucasarts games landed on GOG. More or less the entire Star Wars and Indiana Jones Franchises plus a few other games.
Kil3r: I really hope that Disney ends up selling the Lucas games on here. Hopefully they also sell some of their other classics like Turok 1 and 2.
Neobr10: If i recall correctly Disney lost the rights to the Turok franchise. I don't know who owns it now.
(fixed) Didn't Disney Interactive Studios buy the rights?

I am most likely wrong here.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by Kil3r
I've missed most of the old adventures back in the day and would like to play them, and there's no better place than GOG to get old games. I don't really care for SW therefore I don't care about the recent LA stuff. But all the older adventures are interesting.

Doesn't look good if they only care about the social/mobile market. Though releasing old games through GOG is pretty much free money for them. GOG will surely try to make it happen, what is the response is another matter..
Kil3r: (fixed) Didn't Disney Interactive Studios buy the rights?

I am most likely wrong here.
I'm a Metaboli subscriber and Turok was taken down from the service apparently because Disney lost the rights to it. At least that's what the community manager back in the day said.

http://www.metaboli.co.uk/forum/sad-news-turok-rights-lost-t60552.html
Don't mind me asking but when did the Clone Wars series gotten so dark and epic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jt-V_WQW3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4

I only watched the early episodes on local TV but they stopped showing since. My impressions at the early episodes was that it was more of a kids Star Wars animated show.