It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LootHunter: I think what samuraigaiden is trying to say is that they have different dynamics. In Sam you kill hordes of aliens, occasionally coming on simple puzzle or boss. In Duke (at least Duke 3D) enemies are appearing in smaller groups or one by one.
samuraigaiden: This exactly.

Duke 3D was about exploration - both horizontal and vertical - and levels were full of tight spaces. The puzzle aspect was also much more present, with entire levels being designed like mazes with switches you had to randomly push to try and figure out how to go forward.

Serious Sam is a lot closer to Painkiller and other wave based shooters. The similarities with Duke are mostly aesthetic.
CraigGen_1970: Thats like saying Fifa and Pro Evolution Soccer, are completely different because the physics of Pro Evo is better, even though they're both Football games
samuraigaiden: No, no, no. It's like saying Call of Duty and Arma are not the same kind of game despite the fact they are both military-themed FPS games.

Which is true, they are completely different types of military-themed FPS games.
Different ? Yes.
Completely different ? No.
DadJoke007: Darn it, why did you have to remind me of why we would need Duke Nukem more than ever.
morolf: Do we really need games promoting such toxic masculinity? Aren't there already enough woman-hating incels?

I'm joking of course, but tbh in today's cultural climate Duke Nukem would indeed probably be seen as "problematic".
yes we need characters like Duke Nukem who don't take itself seriously and create funny character

Not like these boring unfunny politically correct games these days where characters are made out of bricks to build up their charisma.
morolf: Do we really need games promoting such toxic masculinity? Aren't there already enough woman-hating incels?

I'm joking of course, but tbh in today's cultural climate Duke Nukem would indeed probably be seen as "problematic".
SpecShadow: yes we need characters like Duke Nukem who don't take itself seriously and create funny character

Not like these boring unfunny politically correct games these days where characters are made out of bricks to build up their charisma.
Lego Star Wars is lit mate, what you chatting
SpecShadow: yes we need characters like Duke Nukem who don't take itself seriously and create funny character

Linko64: Lego Star Wars is lit mate, what you chatting
true
funny thing - both LEGO and Duke Nukem make fun on themselves, don't see something like that from other companies these days...
good night sweet prince
Linko64: Lego Star Wars is lit mate, what you chatting
SpecShadow: true
funny thing - both LEGO and Duke Nukem make fun on themselves, don't see something like that from other companies these days...
LEGO Duke Nukem would be the greatest crossover ever. Duke wouldn't have to say a word, just gesticulate like in those older LEGO games.

Unepic ? Saints Row ? Sam and Max ? Just Cause ? Hector Badge of Honor ? Bard's Tale ? Shadow Warrior ?...

(Actually haven't played Shadow Warrior, so that last one is a genuine question.)
Post edited February 09, 2019 by Telika
Will we ever see the old games come back here?
Elmofongo: Will we ever see the old games come back here?
Zoom has them...mainly due to them being owned by the people with the rights to the games

https://www.zoom-platform.com/#store
Post edited February 10, 2019 by Linko64
Linko64: Zoom has them...mainly due to them being owned by the people with the rights to the games

I gotta say, among gaming-shops, zoom actually is one of the more cleanlier, fastest, most seamless and intuitive site I've seen in a long time. Even on my phone it's miles better than GOG and Steam.

A shame they don't have a dedicated forum though...
Linko64: Zoom has them...mainly due to them being owned by the people with the rights to the games

sanscript: I gotta say, among gaming-shops, zoom actually is one of the more cleanlier, fastest, most seamless and intuitive site I've seen in a long time. Even on my phone it's miles better than GOG and Steam.

A shame they don't have a dedicated forum though...
They don't have much of anything beyond the site. It seems to be one of many businesses they have going on, hence the sheer lack of marketing, promotion or platform for customers to really interact. But hey, least they're there if you fancy some Duke
Doubt it. Most of the users here are now on HRT.