It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Navagon: It is rapidly becoming obsolete. That is having a TV is rapidly becoming obsolete. Programming can still have value if it's of suitable quality.
It's true. I don't have a license and I don't' watch tv, there's nothing worth watching on the BBC and I loathe adverts so I won't watch any other channels. The rare instance that anything worth watching does come out, I buy it cheap on dvd; there's plenty of series released over the years to keep me going. I do have a large screen tv but it's purely for gaming, pc monitor etc & irregardless of the lies the licensing enforcers try to spread, is not illegal. If I could've bought a monitor with no antenna connectivity I would have but a monitor of the equivalent size would cost £300+ more.
serpantino: It's true. I don't have a license and I don't' watch tv, there's nothing worth watching on the BBC..........
Being Human. Series 3 just finished on BBC3. Awesome.

But like you said, can buy on DVD (if prepared to wait). Anyone US side watch the US version? Whats it like? Heard varying reports....
serpantino: It's true. I don't have a license and I don't' watch tv, there's nothing worth watching on the BBC..........
Robbeasy: Being Human. Series 3 just finished on BBC3. Awesome.

But like you said, can buy on DVD (if prepared to wait). Anyone US side watch the US version? Whats it like? Heard varying reports....
I actually caught up on the last couple of episodes of that when I was at my nans at the beginning of the week. Stunning finish; it should be on one of the main 2 channels not 3. Still the odd one program doesn't really equate to value for money....
Navagon: It is rapidly becoming obsolete. That is having a TV is rapidly becoming obsolete. Programming can still have value if it's of suitable quality.
serpantino: It's true. I don't have a license and I don't' watch tv, there's nothing worth watching on the BBC and I loathe adverts so I won't watch any other channels. The rare instance that anything worth watching does come out, I buy it cheap on dvd; there's plenty of series released over the years to keep me going. I do have a large screen tv but it's purely for gaming, pc monitor etc & irregardless of the lies the licensing enforcers try to spread, is not illegal. If I could've bought a monitor with no antenna connectivity I would have but a monitor of the equivalent size would cost £300+ more.
This is funny because programming in the US is so bad I'd gladly pay the UK license just to get unfettered BBC content (in the US when they are broadcast they cut out 20 minutes of every 60 to fit in commercials, which royally sucks).

In the US they typically cut content to fit in commercials, making reviews of the US version worthless as to the actual quality of the show.
Post edited March 18, 2011 by orcishgamer

The end of Being Human series 3 was jaw dropping. Did you try watching Outcasts as well? Also very good (and a small role for BSG's Apollo, always good to see those guys around).
Roman5: I really see little to no purpose for it anymore
this is how I see TV at the moment
Attachments:
tvtoday.jpg (57 Kb)
Roman5: this is how I see TV at the moment
That pretty much sums it up. Although Sci Fi is now SyFy which actually makes it worse.
Roman5: this is how I see TV at the moment
Navagon: That pretty much sums it up. Although Sci Fi is now SyFy which actually makes it worse.
Probably the Polish people took over - "syfy" is a plural of "syf", which means:
[url=http://translate.google.com/#pl|en|syf]http://translate.google.com/#pl|en|syf[/url]
MsbS: Probably the Polish people took over - "syfy" is a plural of "syf", which means:
[url=http://translate.google.com/#pl|en|syf]http://translate.google.com/#pl|en|syf[/url]
How fitting. :D
To folks in the UK, England, and Great Britain...

What's the difference between the UK, England, and Great Britain? Best as I can tell, the UK is made up of England, Wales, and one (or both) of the Irelands (all of which are individual countries, I think). And if its only one of the Irelands, why isn't the other one part of it, and when did it succeed from the UK? And how does Great Britain fit into it all?

Yes, I'm very confused on this. As I'm sure many non-US citizens would be in relation to our 50 states being part of the US, as well as Puerto Rico, Samoa, and Guam.
Post edited April 12, 2011 by ChaunceyK
ChaunceyK: To folks in the UK, England, and Great Britain...

What's the difference between the UK, England, and Great Britain? Best as I can tell, the UK is made up of England, Wales, and one (or both) of the Irelands (all of which are individual countries, I think). And if its only one of the Irelands, why isn't the other one part of it, and when did it succeed from the UK? And how does Great Britain fit into it all?

Yes, I'm very confused on this. As I'm sure many non-US citizens would be in relation to our 50 states being part of the US, as well as Puerto Rico, Samoa, and Guam.
England is self-explanatory, Great Britain is just the biggest island (England + Scotland + Wales), the UK is the actual country (the one that has a seat in the UN for instance) and includes Northern Ireland and possibly some other small isles like Jersey.
ChaunceyK: To folks in the UK, England, and Great Britain...
Dude, go to wikipedia, enter "Great Britain", read the first paragraph and you'll find a link that takes you right here.

See? That wasn't hard.
Here in the US, we list dates with the following format: Month/Date/Year. So we would pronounce 6/25/1972 (my birthday) as June 25th, 1972. But I know some other English-speaking countries use the Date/Month/Year format, where my birthday would instead be listed 25/6/1972. Here's my question...

How would you pronounce that? Would you say 25 June, 1972 or 25th of June, 1972 or something else? What if someone just asks you today's date? Would you say "Its May 5th" or "Its 5 May" or "Its the 5th of May?"

(Oh, and look at that...Happy Cinqo de Mayo everyone!)
Sup`?
Looking for some ideas for holiday destinations where it is easy to navigate around by myself. Any help is appreciated. Activity ideas would be great too.
Post edited May 24, 2011 by wy4786
wy4786: Sup`?
Looking for some ideas for holiday destinations where it is easy to navigate around by myself. Any help is appreciated. Activity ideas would be great too.
Come to Australia, the only habitable place in Australasia.