It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Sorry for the enormous bump, but is this something we should still be concerned about?
I thought I bumped this thread...

Well, I am concerned about that and would like some clarification and until the issue is resolved, I think everyone should be a bit concerned.
When I buy a game, I do it in most cases for the soundtrack.

It is unfortunate that this is happening with GOG and not notify the user....
I'm going to bump this thread as it seems like a useful resource, and also to point out that when Hostile Waters was re-released, it was missing its Wallpaper, which is surprising because what are the Wallpapers, really? With a few exceptions from original promo campaigns, they're just GOG-created images from official art, aren't they? Oh well.
Blackdrazon: I'm going to bump this thread as it seems like a useful resource, and also to point out that when Hostile Waters was re-released, it was missing its Wallpaper, which is surprising because what are the Wallpapers, really? With a few exceptions from original promo campaigns, they're just GOG-created images from official art, aren't they? Oh well.
But it came back with a soundtrack and some background information about the game :D. Fair trade if you ask me :D
I am just wondering if some of the extras having wrong filesizes mentioned for the witcher 2 are a result of modifications done to the extras files, for example the comic book is reported as 50MB (a very high quality scan size), but is in fact around 5 MB if I remember correctly, any idea why?
TheEnigmaticT: I still don't have an answer for the missing content other than "yes we were forced to remove some goodies after being contacted by the rights-holder for one reason or another" but I'll keep asking.

We're going to get a higher-quality Witcher 2 artbook for sure because I can go over to the RED offices and beg them persistently until they give in. ;) The Assassin's Creed one we will have to ask the rights-holder and see what they can provide, but I've forwarded that request along to Product and we're in the process of requesting something.

EDIT: typos. -_-
But why do they have to be removed from those that already bought the product? That doesn't seem fair since we already paid for it. Some people might compare that to theft.
high rated
Looks like Uplink soundtrack was removed. Some agent must have hacked in and removed it...
InkPanther: Looks like Uplink soundtrack was removed. Some agent must have hacked in and removed it...
I thought it was striking that that particular Introversion soundtrack was absent from GOG when I was looking at the current Humble Weekly--which does include it. :-/
Didnt know this was happening. Anyone got a definitive list of stuff that has been pulled ?
Not to my knowledge. Maybe there should be a companion list to http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG

Currently we just have this thread. To which it seems <i>Astebreed</i> extras must now be added. :-(
I was looking for a list of "extra removed", I guess I have to subrscribe this thread!
Funny, Funny, Funny ... as usual a few days ago I looked in the "What was updated thread" and there it was mentioned that Dracula 4 has downgraded of its soundtrack. This lead to a discussion about how secure are digital downloads and which rights does a consumer have there. Since it was OT I opened another thread asking about how safe do you feel with your library - do you backup your library and in this someone mentioned this thread ... full circle.

So add "Dracula 4 Soundtrack" please to the list.
First draft.

Opinions on structure, order, etc?
MarkoH01: Since it was OT I opened another thread asking about how safe do you feel with your library - do you backup your library and in this someone mentioned this thread ... full circle.
Hmmm this makes me wonder if someone has this all archived where we can access it again. Not exactly a public archive, but not inaccessible either...

I'd think an external site to GoG that once you register/prove you bought a game, you could upload extras that you got and anyone else could download should GoG remove them later... Not the best choice...

Of course i've seen GoG games on TPB with all the extras so there's another way to get those elusive files if your backup fails... or for music sometimes on YouTube there's just pure OST's that are put up, which i enjoy from time to time...
MarkoH01: Since it was OT I opened another thread asking about how safe do you feel with your library - do you backup your library and in this someone mentioned this thread ... full circle.
rtcvb32: Hmmm this makes me wonder if someone has this all archived where we can access it again. Not exactly a public archive, but not inaccessible either...

I'd think an external site to GoG that once you register/prove you bought a game, you could upload extras that you got and anyone else could download should GoG remove them later... Not the best choice...

Of course i've seen GoG games on TPB with all the extras so there's another way to get those elusive files if your backup fails... or for music sometimes on YouTube there's just pure OST's that are put up, which i enjoy from time to time...
GoG have given us all a fantastic opportunity to own games DRM free.

Back up your purchases at the point of sale, there is simply no other excuse for any losses as a failure to do this other than sheer laziness.