It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Going viral.

<span class="bold">Zombasite</span>, a fast-paced action/RPG set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world overrun by magically infused zombies, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Toying with the undead is never a good idea. The dark elves thought they had the process figured out but as they were experimenting with their pet zombie army, the magic hidden inside the creatures backfired. Now a terrible blight is overtaking the world and your clan is counting on you to stem this tide of Zombasite-infected monsters. Despite your impressive fighting skills, however, you'll need to remain vigilant in order to survive. Supplies are scarce, rival clans will not hesitate to attack you if you're not in good terms with them, and the local wildlife has just gone haywire. At least you can rely on your skilled followers (controlled either by the A.I. or your friends), to explore this dynamic world together, looking for epic items and world-changing quests that might just help cancel the apocalypse.

Hack and slash your way through a dark fantasy world broken by the <span class="bold">Zombasite</span> infestation, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until November 4.
fulano5321: Man, really dislike the zombie theme in general, but love Kerbos's games!

CharlesGrey: So, hypothetically, if one already owns Grim Dawn, Victor Vran and various other Action-RPGs, would this one still be worth buying? Anything truly unique about it? ( And no, zombies don't count. )

I don't know, it could be decent fun, but looks kinda generic at a glance.
fulano5321: Naw, Kerbos's aRPGs are very un-generic, they're quite interesting. :)
Who or what is "Kerbos"? Is that an "internet handle" of the main dev, or are you just confusing this with the output of a different developer?
An ARPG dream come true! Wish-listed for now.
I'm definitely going to pick this up at some point.
More zombies? Ugh... at least there is a demo so I'll try it and decide later
fulano5321: Man, really dislike the zombie theme in general, but love Kerbos's games!

Naw, Kerbos's aRPGs are very un-generic, they're quite interesting. :)
HunchBluntley: Who or what is "Kerbos"? Is that an "internet handle" of the main dev, or are you just confusing this with the output of a different developer?
Bleh, I've been playing too much Sword of the Stars lately. It was an attempt at writing Kerberos, but I meant Soldak. :) Thanks for pointing that out.

But ya, I've played several of Soldak's games and love the living world thing they do.
HunchBluntley: Who or what is "Kerbos"? Is that an "internet handle" of the main dev, or are you just confusing this with the output of a different developer?
fulano5321: Bleh, I've been playing too much Sword of the Stars lately. It was an attempt at writing Kerberos, but I meant Soldak. :) Thanks for pointing that out.
You had me wondering for a minute, there. I thought maybe you knew something I didn't. :D
I found a dude calling himself Dark Zeak who has actually made a lengthy 4-part tutorial of the game. It definitely helped me understand the game, not having played any of Soldak's other games.
paul1290: Basically the world does NOT conveniently wait for you to act, and you pretty much have to push towards your win condition faster than the game is pushing you back.
If you don't deal with the bosses in time they start building armies which will eventually overrun you.
If you don't rescue someone in time they will just die before you reach them.
If your clan has some kind of disease, then it will continue to get worse and inflict penalties until you gather materials for a cure.
If you get a quest to stop an uprising of monsters, then you can be fairly sure those monsters are going to do some bad things if you just leave them alone to gather and get stronger.
Those are just a few examples, but you get the idea.
CharlesGrey: That almost sounds too complex! Must be kinda stressful, if you have to worry about so many things which could go wrong, especially when ARPGs are usually fairly simple games.

But it does sound interesting, and different from other games in the genre. Might try the demo, or just buy the full version during a future promo. Thanks for the replies, everyone!
My experience is mostly In Din's Curse... the 'living world' adds a little stress, but the consequences for failing aren't so bad so it isn't a big deal to mess up. Having a town destroyed just causes your reputation points drop a bit, but they can only fall back so far before it doesn't go down anymore. Dying just slows your XP gain for a little while. Any lost critical town members will have replacements recruited in not long.

I find it a really fresh way to look at aRPGs. I'm finding I like games that force you to mess up rather than being able to save and reload and have a perfect record.
Post edited October 31, 2016 by fulano5321
In case people aren't up for zombie interaction; they can be turned off completely in this game.
Somebody also seemed worried about the pace being too frantic (which I assume might be fast), however, you can turn down the pacing too (for new quests and what not). It's really not as chaotic as it seems even on default settings.

I've found with all of Soldak's games; all you need to do is just start the game and it will catch on in no time. It doesn't give the greatest first impression (making it difficult to play at first), but once you start it up you end up forgetting about those things in no time.
fulano5321: I find it a really fresh way to look at aRPGs. I'm finding I like games that force you to mess up rather than being able to save and reload and have a perfect record.
I agree, it's an interesting approach. Heavy Rain ( PS3 ) has similar mechanics. As far as I remember, there is no traditional "Game Over" condition. You can fail in certain situations and get some of the playable characters killed, and the story just goes on, ultimately leading you to alternate endings. I'm not sure if it's actually better, but it's an interesting alternative to the standard "reload-until-you-get-it-right" approach.
micktiegs_8: In case people aren't up for zombie interaction; they can be turned off completely in this game.
Really?? How does that work?
Does it just turn down the gore? Or just disable the zombies?

Watching gameplay videos it feels a lot like a polished version of Din's Curse, but ya, if you can turn off the zombies maybe I need to look into this game.
micktiegs_8: In case people aren't up for zombie interaction; they can be turned off completely in this game.
fulano5321: Really?? How does that work?
Does it just turn down the gore? Or just disable the zombies?

Watching gameplay videos it feels a lot like a polished version of Din's Curse, but ya, if you can turn off the zombies maybe I need to look into this game.
You simply do your quests and what not without worrying about the ever increasing infection and spread of zombies.

Sort of turns the game into an updated Depths of Peril, to vaguely put it.
Attachments:
nozom.jpg (238 Kb)
Will buy on sale.
Soldak's ZOMBASITE - Pushing the ARPG Genre - 4X Strategy Meets ARPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUz27qjx0Kk