It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where magic spells doom.

<span class="bold">Zenith</span>, a tongue-in-cheek fantasy RPG with reckless wizards messing with chaotic powers, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 20% launch discount.

Say what you will about Argus Windell's snobbish attitude and outdated ways but the fact is the man knows how to spell. And that's not all too common in a world full of moronic adventurers, criminally overconfident wizards, and volatile cosmic powers. That's why, following a series of unfortunate events, Argus is forced to come back from his early retirement and help clean up the mess before the whole world goes the way of the complimentary cloth map.
Aside from his deep knowledge of the arcane, Argus can also swing a mean spell, when the situation calls for it. Which is good too, because as the story progresses, and the bosses keep growing toothier and toothier, he will need all the special combos, peculiar artifacts, and clever pop-culture references that he can get his hands on.

Get ready to kick some serious monster butt and scold some seriously incompetent heroes as you reach your spellcasting <span class="bold">Zenith</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 20% discount will last until September 27, 3:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xdT7jbAWz4g
Post edited September 20, 2016 by maladr0Id
low rated
micktiegs_8: Damn this reminds me of another series of humour and reference filled RPGs. Problem with that game is that the humour and referencing was what held it together because the rest of the game was indeed not great.
Predicting the same with this one.
Why these concerns? The game must be great. There's already an euphoric 5-star-review on the game page by the user Xaxello. Oh, wait... "User since Sep 2016" ...

MightyPinecone: Could someone give me a warning if this game actually is like Fable III, so that I know to stay the hell away from it?
It's certainly nowhere near the 3rd-person Action-RPG Fable. Here on GoG we only get that isometric Indie crap.
After watching the first 20 minutes of the game I decided to get it.
Will give the game a go this weekend. :D
muntdefems: Has anyone tried this game on Linux with Wine?

I've got a more or less strict 'No Tux, No Bux' rule, but I'm totally willing to break it for this one (provided I'm able to play it, that is). :P
First: Sorry for only quoting muntdefems

Judas is right. I did not have the knowledge of disabling dx11 with wine so I have find this solution for disableing dx11 in wine

I've go this one!
Go to Wine Configuration
Libraries Tab
Type: d3dx11
Click Add
Click Edit
Set to Disable
Close Wine Configuration
If Direct X 11 is already on the libraries list, just select it, click edit and select disable.
Now the game works fine without any other libarys. But I hav always the problem that games do not detect my LogitechF710 gamepad. Wine himself recognise it. I tested it with

wine control
but all the new games do not recognize my pad. Do you have a solution for this problem too Judas? ;)

PS:
When you configure wine you can also enable csmt in the staging tab, but this is only there if you use a staging wine version. With that you have more graphic performance.
muntdefems: Has anyone tried this game on Linux with Wine?

I've got a more or less strict 'No Tux, No Bux' rule, but I'm totally willing to break it for this one (provided I'm able to play it, that is). :P
Patsche85: First: Sorry for only quoting muntdefems

Judas is right. I did not have the knowledge of disabling dx11 with wine so I have find this solution for disableing dx11 in wine

I've go this one!
Go to Wine Configuration
Libraries Tab
Type: d3dx11
Click Add
Click Edit
Set to Disable
Close Wine Configuration
If Direct X 11 is already on the libraries list, just select it, click edit and select disable.
Patsche85: Now the game works fine without any other libarys. But I hav always the problem that games do not detect my LogitechF710 gamepad. Wine himself recognise it. I tested it with

wine control
Patsche85: but all the new games do not recognize my pad. Do you have a solution for this problem too Judas? ;)

PS:
When you configure wine you can also enable csmt in the staging tab, but this is only there if you use a staging wine version. With that you have more graphic performance.
First, you don't need to type "d3dx11" in Wine's configuration menu :) "d3d11" will be sufficient as it should disable the program calling for "d3d11.dll", I don't know how "d3dx11" managed to disable DirecX 11 but hey, if it works, it works :)

As for your controller, try setting it to XInput mode as DirectInput, according to the official Logitech site for your gamepad http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad, requires additional software "*Requires software installation for DirectInput mode." I guess you can try installing whatever software it needs for DirectInput for your Logitech but I have no idea if it will work.

Controller support in Wine is kind of the one thing I can never get working right but one possible solution would be to find a game in your collection that has an xinput1_3.dll, copy that dll file to Zenith's directory with the executable file then make an Xpadder profile for your Logitech gamepad and drop the profile into Zenith's directory where the executable is and see if you get controller support that way.
JudasIscariot: As for your controller, try setting it to XInput mode as DirectInput, according to the official Logitech site for your gamepad http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad, requires additional software
For Linux you do not need any additional software or drivers. If I use XInput

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c21f Logitech, Inc. F710 Wireless Gamepad [XInput Mode]
and if I switch to DInput:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 046d:c219 Logitech, Inc. Cordless RumblePad 2
The kernel recognize it and load the driver immediatly.
I will try it with the dll file of a working game if I have time.
A workaround is to use qjoypad. It is free and opensource.
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=qjoypad
Works fine but you have a little configuration work. But this is only a solution for games who not change to autoaim or something like that if you choose gamepad controll instead of keyboard+mouse ingame. Bastion is an example. By the way a very nice dev team who gives me the linuxversion for free because it is not here on gog where I buy it of course. I do not know why here is no linuxversion. Do you know it?
gamesfreak64: Does anyone know if and when more AGS games are coming?
like Kathy Rain and the wadjet eye games.
My pc needs games with very low requirements cause its not fun to play at minimum requirements (been doing that for far to long)
Dave Gilbert at Wadjet Eye games is working on a new Urban Fantasy / Detective adventure game called Unavowed. I'm pretty confident it will come to GOG as well when it's ready, but you'll have to wait for some time in 2017 for its supposed release.

Devs of Kathy Rain and Samaritan Paradox are working together on Whispers of a Machine. (TBA)

If (unlike myself) you happen to have enjoyed Richard and Alice, did you already try The Charnel House Trilogy by the same devs? (not on GOG, no idea if it ever will be, but DRM-free on Fireflower Games)

What about the free Knobbly Crook Chapter 1 (a Chapter 2 is in the works)?

Have you played Ben There, Done That / Time Gentlemen, Please!, or any of the free (a bit more amateurish looking and not voiced) AGS classics, or are they not your cup of tea?
Post edited September 21, 2016 by Leroux
MightyPinecone: Could someone give me a warning if this game actually is like Fable III, so that I know to stay the hell away from it?
ChrisSZ: It's certainly nowhere near the 3rd-person Action-RPG Fable. Here on GoG we only get that isometric Indie crap.
Good, it stays on the wishlist then.
Post edited September 21, 2016 by MightyPinecone
It's a bit like Dink Smallwood, only with worse humor.
At least in the first fifteen or so minutes.
But not a complete train wreck, if I wasn't broke I might consider it.
The gameplay looks fun and the price is very attractive, but there are other games on GOG that I prioritize right now. It will go on my Wishlist though.

Humor is such a personal thing as well, my type is the GTA 5-style of darker humor.
I really dislike "nerd-culture" humor, like The Big Bang Theory ... I hope this game is not in that vein.
the trailer is hilarious and the game looks pretty darn fun, wishlisted
Ricky_Bobby: Humor is such a personal thing as well, my type is the GTA 5-style of darker humor.
I really dislike "nerd-culture" humor, like The Big Bang Theory ... I hope this game is not in that vein.
The very first 'joke' is a Frozen reference.
GOG really needs to improve its review system...
Exactly what I came here to post:

"Did you see how fast the reviews turned into a cesspit? That's got to be a record, even for GOG."
More like a cesspuddle, there's only 4 actual reviews.
Patsche85: ...
JudasIscariot: ...
Thanks, guys! I'm gonna buy it right now. :)

I'll let you know how well it runs on my end, and whether my XBox-clone gamepad works or not (I'm not counting on it, but who knows? :P)